Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 08:07 AM

72,797 posts, read 62,098,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Underemployment is actually a lot worse than it looks. Investors and business owners benefit from the restructuring of the the labor pool over the last 35-40 years, by disrupting the supply and demand balance by lowering demand through rabid cost-cutting, off-shoring and replacement of jobs with automation, which is all fine, but only if society itself makes up for the loss of workers' opportunities to make ends meet, efforts which right-wingers obstruct at every turn.
And society isn't making up for that loss. Nothing is happening. Nothing is getting better in that aspect. It is like the persons left behind have been turned into "human surplus" so to say. Perhaps it isn't that much of a coincidence that the drug laws in this nation started getting stricter when the industrial economy of the USA started laying off alot of people. Alot of people without jobs, and not alot of places to place them for jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2013, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
No, it isn't simply a natural part of society. It's being perpetually and purposely fanned by the liberals. It is the #1 political strategy of liberals since the rise of the progressives. You do not see mainstream conservatives saying that Democrats want people to sicken and die. The most you see from conservatives is saying that liberals are closet communists. But dividing people is characteristic of the left now.

It's not about whose economic and diplomatic policies are best for the nation anymore to the left. It's about calling people slavery supporters, saying they want poor people to die, calling out wars on women, accusing people of war crimes, saying they want to steal from the middle class, etc. The sort of stuff that used to be extremist on both sides has become mainstream on the left side. They say Obama is a moderate liberal. But it was only a couple weeks ago that Obama declared that the holy grail of Republicans is to deny people medicine. Earlier this year he said Republicans are suspicious of government stopping starvation among children. So this sort of thing is now considered moderate to liberals. Accusing your political opponents of wanting starvation and sickness is a moderate thing to do according to liberals. Not saying that their policy ideas would end up causing that, but saying they actively want it.
And conservatives haven't fanned those flames either?

Southern strategy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Column: Conservatives' shameless race-baiting

And what about some of the racist signs getting flashed at many of the tea party rallies.

Old 09-11-2013, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I pick the side that created modernity as we know it!
Why not just come out and say what you mean?

Old 09-11-2013, 09:21 AM

57,022 posts, read 34,997,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Well of course things were different...you're building a strawman.

The state told white people that they were superior....and many believed it. The ones that didn't still knew they would get killed trying to compromise landlords property. You seem to struggle with the concept of coercion. There was no "first" when it came to "choosing a side"..The "first" was the emergence of the power structure...and the majority of white people were under it because it spoke for them. So what you speak of is relative.

Back then black people were forced to pick a side but it was thrive or fail to thrive. What are they picking sides for now? It isn't freedom. It isn't equality either.
This is a joke, right?

So you're not picking sides yourself?

C'mon...stop it.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:23 AM

62,369 posts, read 28,647,018 times
I don't pick racial sides. I pick the right side of right and wrong.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:24 AM

62,369 posts, read 28,647,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And conservatives haven't fanned those flames either?

Southern strategy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Column: Conservatives' shameless race-baiting

And what about some of the racist signs getting flashed at many of the tea party rallies.
Link, please and how do you know that these so-called racist signs weren't carried by leftist infiltrators?

Old 09-11-2013, 09:30 AM

57,022 posts, read 34,997,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I don't pick racial sides. I pick the right side of right and wrong.
Bah...that's nonsense. That's not even believable in 2013. Right and wrong is subjective in many cases, and people will twist it even when it's clear cut.

Sure, i subscribe to the notion that i pick the right side of right and wrong too...everyone does. But there's no doubt that that isn't really the case for the overwhelming majority of people.

People side with their own. That's just how it is. It's an extraordinary circumstance when it isn't the case.

Old 09-11-2013, 10:02 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,885,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
This is a joke, right?

So you're not picking sides yourself?

C'mon...stop it.
Yep, I pick the anti-establishment side.

Old 09-11-2013, 10:02 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,739,934 times
Quote:
Yes, everybody that has an opinion on racism is from stormfront. And everybody from stormfront wants to put black people in shackles again. Water tight CD logic for you.

I don't think that that is what the poster was references. It is not an opinion by itself, but a certain type of opinion that makes people on CD believe that certain posters are Stormfront infiltrators.

Quote:
Well of course things were different...you're building a strawman.

The state told white people that they were superior....and many believed it. The ones that didn't still knew they would get killed trying to compromise landlords property. You seem to struggle with the concept of coercion. There was no "first" when it came to "choosing a side"..The "first" was the emergence of the power structure...and the majority of white people were under it because it spoke for them. So what you speak of is relative.

Back then black people were forced to pick a side but it was thrive or fail to thrive. What are they picking sides for now? It isn't freedom. It isn't equality either.
The bold is true. I would say the majority believed it though, not just many. And really it wasn't even the USA that told them, it was mostly a European connotation brought about by certain types of "science."

In regards to the blue, that is actually not true. Black people were not forced to "pick a side" in the US. Black Americans were forced into servitude and an oppressed position and separated from white Americans due to the black bold above - the majority of whites felt they were superior so separated themselves from blacks, in the past I might add as this is not completely true in 2013.

Black Americans, in general, just stayed where they were put in the first place, around black people. When black Americans tried to join the "other side" whites left (white flight is still commonplace also in this country).

And FWIW, like I mentioned in my first post, I don't pick sides at all. I am black and feel I have no need to do so. I only take issue with people trying to make all black people responsible for the black underclass in our country. Minorities in general in the US are made to take communal responsibility for people who share outward physical characteristics or a common ethnic history. White Americans even do this for the Irish and Italians especially and I take issue with people thinking all people with Irish ancestry are drunks or that Italian Americans are mob members just as I take offense for people thinking all Hispanics are "illegals" and all blacks are dumb or criminals or perpetual users and abusers of welfare systems.

Quote:
If a person points to a fact and says "most deadbeat dads are black". That alone is not being a bigot. If you pointed out causation for this phenomenon and said person didn't care to hear your argument...THAT would be a bigot. You are making your own set of criteria as to what one "has to do to not be labeled" a bigot...which, by the way you laid it out, is a terrible false authoritarian fallacy.

Simply all one has to do to avoid being labeled a bigot is substantiate their observations and engage in reasonable discourse.

No, you cannot build a respectable perspective based of just compassion..if that were true, the term "sucker" would have never been coined.
I don't agree with the above either in regards to being a bigot. For one thing, the bolded portion in quotations is not true. Most deadbeat dads are not black and black non-custodial fathers actually have higher visitation rates with their children and higher rates of paying child support to their children than white or Hispanic fathers. So if you or someone wanted to try to substantiate such a claim, and then I proved to you that you were wrong, yet you still said that "most deadbeat dads are black" only then would I see you as a bigot.

Bigots are people, who when given the facts about whatever they are biased against, refuse to believe said facts and instead will continue to spout racial hatred, superiority, and stereotypes.

And FWIW, we have quite a few bigots on CD, some who I have even given data and they refuted said data and stated that they didn't believe it, especially in regards to the education. Like green_mariner mentioned above, that black people obtain more college degrees today than at any other time, the poster then said that that was because college is easier lol and lets any old person attend in an attempt to deny the fact that there actually are more black people with college degrees (including advanced degrees) today than there were at any other time.

Old 09-11-2013, 08:40 PM

22,565 posts, read 24,361,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Why not just come out and say what you mean?
Do I have to spell it out.....isn't it obvious!

The most important invention of the 20th century, the transistor.....invented by 3 creepy a** cra**ers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies