U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-03-2013, 11:07 AM
 
Location: Stasis
14,717 posts, read 8,855,367 times
Reputation: 7677

Advertisements

That crazy not ready for prime time Canadian Ted Cruz says defunding Obamacare will scare Assad into backing down.

“If we’re trying to send a strong message to Bashar al-Assad, I can think of no better way to do that than by defunding Obamacare.”
“By defunding Obamacare, we would basically be saying to Assad, ‘This is how we attack our own President, so just imagine what we’ll do to you.’ That would make him think twice before he pulls another one of his stunts.”

Republicans Offer Syria Strategy: We Must Defund Obamacare : The New Yorker
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-03-2013, 11:10 AM
 
9,473 posts, read 5,488,939 times
Reputation: 2155
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
That crazy not ready for prime time Canadian Ted Cruz says defunding Obamacare will scare Assad into backing down.

“If we’re trying to send a strong message to Bashar al-Assad, I can think of no better way to do that than by defunding Obamacare.”
“By defunding Obamacare, we would basically be saying to Assad, ‘This is how we attack our own President, so just imagine what we’ll do to you.’ That would make him think twice before he pulls another one of his stunts.”

Republicans Offer Syria Strategy: We Must Defund Obamacare : The New Yorker
LOL!!!

It's less crazy than what Obama's said all along.

I think he's missed the point, however. Assad just doesn't care about our internal politics. His responses are calculated for internal political effect. And, as long as he survives and is in power, a few bombs blowing up the people can be used as propaganda just as easily as anything else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2013, 11:12 AM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,101 posts, read 68,353,220 times
Reputation: 27488
How did these people make to adulthood and further get elected to represent us in government ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2013, 11:14 AM
 
Location: texas
9,143 posts, read 6,318,570 times
Reputation: 2372
Maybe he really means Hillary.

He can't be serious, but his idiot followers will eat it up... hook, line and sinker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2013, 11:16 AM
 
9,857 posts, read 6,564,309 times
Reputation: 3281
I don't know if it went down exactly the way the New Yorker has said, but from the article it appears Cruz says that holding the President accountable for what the people do not want (OBAMACARE) would be a huge message to dictators that the people can rise up and remove those who think they can rule like kings.

I get it, but it isn't a big deal IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2013, 11:18 AM
 
Location: San Diego, CA
10,584 posts, read 7,775,115 times
Reputation: 4145
Was that before or after John McCain said,

“There have been a lot of mornings when, quite frankly, I haven’t had a reason to get out of bed. It’s all well and good for people like Ted Cruz to criticize Tomahawk missiles, but hitting Syria is all that’s keeping me going.”

??

Reported in the same article.

(a little hint there. Anyone catch it?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2013, 11:20 AM
 
Location: texas
9,143 posts, read 6,318,570 times
Reputation: 2372
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
I don't know if it went down exactly the way the New Yorker has said, but from the article it appears Cruz says that holding the President accountable for what the people do not want (OBAMACARE) would be a huge message to dictators that the people can rise up and remove those who think they can rule like kings.

I get it, but it isn't a big deal IMO.
WOW that is some artfull spin...but lets take him at his word[s].


Quote:
‘This is how we attack our own President, so just imagine what we’ll do to you.’ That would make him think twice before he pulls another one of his stunts.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2013, 11:22 AM
 
Location: San Diego, CA
10,584 posts, read 7,775,115 times
Reputation: 4145
It's good to see you all are giving this article all the credibility and serious consideration it deserves. And then some.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2013, 11:22 AM
 
6,156 posts, read 3,893,114 times
Reputation: 1511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Maybe he really means Hillary.

He can't be serious, but his idiot followers will eat it up... hook, line and sinker.
LMAO.

Just like you ate this thread up.

Do you know what the "Borowitz Report" is? It's the blog version of the Onion.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
It's good to see you all are giving this article all the credibility and serious consideration it deserves. And then some.
The irony is killing me here. Hilarious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2013, 11:24 AM
 
Location: San Diego, CA
10,584 posts, read 7,775,115 times
Reputation: 4145
Geez, Sam, you had to blow its cover?

I was wondering how long they would keep up their "serious consideration".

Party pooper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top