Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 12:15 PM

45,230 posts, read 26,437,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Rand Paul is just as big of an idiot as his father and he will end up on the sidelines just like his father did. Libertarians need to go back to their own Party and stop pretending to be Repubs simply to get elected, seems like that proves they are dishonest before they even get elected.
Opposing military strikes makes one a libertarian? Who knew

Old 09-04-2013, 12:16 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Oh,...I FULLY understand. You are looking for some way to excuse Obama's "warmongering". You suddenly realize that your hero wants to go to war, but doesn't want that responsibility to fall on his head if events turn sour.

If you don't understand that,...I can write a little slower.
you're right! the president is a dirty rotten traitor who is shredding the constitution and ducking his responsibility as commander in chief by taking the issue of military action against Syria to the entire Congress. Nice spin!

Old 09-04-2013, 12:18 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I knew it wouldn't take long for the war mongering Republicans to back Obama in his efforts to bomb Syria. They just cannot pass up a good bombing campaign.

Administration Faces Questions Over Plans to Strike Syria - WSJ.com
Long?

They were calling for action last spring and have been beating those drums ever since.

Republicans urge Obama to enforce Syria 'red line,' oppose deploying troops | Fox News

Old 09-04-2013, 12:18 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Oh,...I FULLY understand. You are looking for some way to excuse Obama's "warmongering". You suddenly realize that your hero wants to go to war, but doesn't want that responsibility to fall on his head if events turn sour.

If you don't understand that,...I can write a little slower.
Once again, you didn't read my entire post. Let me go real slow at the part where I said and I will quote myself "I am not excusing Dems for this".

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-04-2013 at 02:49 PM.. Reason: Rude

Old 09-04-2013, 12:20 PM

45,230 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
you're right! the president is a dirty rotten traitor who is shredding the constitution and ducking his responsibility as commander in chief by taking the issue of military action against Syria to the entire Congress. Nice spin!
you're no slouch in the spin dept.

Obama wouldn't be bringing it before congress if he wasnt looking to kill more people and enrich his defense contractor pals.

Old 09-04-2013, 12:23 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
None of you even understand what I wrote do you? Your partisan crap is so telling. Since none of you understand it, let me explain in grade school terms. Republicans have been war mongers for many years and with this latest escapade they all talked like they wouldn't back Obama. Now all of a sudden they are backing him which is what this original post is all about. I am not excusing Dems from this, but this thread is all about Cons and their war mongering ways. There are already dozens of threads about war mongering Dems.
Haha, yes, your thread wasnt partisan at all... was it?

I'm curious trlhiker, if the Republicans voted now, would you have titled your thread, "Republicans anti american by voting against the President". ?

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
I knew it wouldn't take long for the war mongering Republicans to back Obama in his efforts to bomb Syria. They just cannot pass up a good bombing campaign.

Administration Faces Questions Over Plans to Strike Syria - WSJ.com
and what do you call, Obama? Isn't he appearing to be a war monger as well? I might add, not all Republicans are baking him, no more that the Democrats, if as much. The argument now, is "personally, I don't like it, but I have to stand by the President" No, that isn't what I am saying, but that is what some in congress is using to justify supporting him.

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I can't believe the US Senators, Republican and Democrat, are falling all over themselves to make this their plan by dictating the details. Obama knows their egos better than the rest of us. He's letting them own it and they are so full of themselves that they are willing to oblige. All they have to do is vote "yes" or "no" but that isn't enough for the egomaniacs.

"Key senators struck a deal Tuesday night on a resolution granting President Obama the authority to conduct military strikes in Syria as long as they happen within 90 days and are limited to enforcing the administration’s “red line” prohibiting chemical weapons use. Foreign Relations Committee Chairman Robert Menendez, New Jersey Democrat, and ranking Republican Bob Corker of Tennessee wrote bipartisan language that they said imposed extra limits on the president and didn’t give him an open-ended grant of powers, but would afford him the leeway to conduct airstrikes to degrade Syrian President Bashar Assad’s chemical weapons capabilities."

Senators agree on Syria resolution granting Obama strike authority - Washington Times

If the whole thing becomes one big crapfest, it's their plan that made it so. Idiots!
And Sen. McCain says it doesn't go far enough.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...ke-resolution/

Old 09-04-2013, 12:25 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
you're no slouch in the spin dept.

Obama wouldn't be bringing it before congress if he wasnt looking to kill more people and enrich his defense contractor pals.
Why, thank you for noticing.

Old 09-04-2013, 12:26 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Once again, you didn't read my entire post. Let me go real slow at the part where I said and I will quote myself "I am not excusing Dems for this". :
Got it, so you arent excusing Democrats for it, but you want to just whine and post partisan crap while telling others not to be partisan..

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-04-2013 at 02:50 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies