Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 04:33 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I highlighted your mistake. I am sure you meant to say anti-illegal immigrant.
Taxes. Some do pay and many don't. Some use other peoples SSN's and screw up a citizens life, credit rating and more.
Illegals are not a victim in this story any more than a car thief is in a story where they wreck a car and get hurt.
The victim is we the people.
It's not a mistake. It is a common tactic used by the pro-illegals oon those of who want our immigration laws enforced as being anti-"immigrant". I guess it matters not to them that we are ok with LEGAL immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2013, 04:44 PM

1,806 posts, read 1,737,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlw2009 View Post
while there are MANY American children who struggle to find ways to pay for school or live 10-20 years in debt for the rising cost. This is WRONG.

'I did it all on my own': Calif. undocumented students get first grants - The Daily Nightly

If schools want to use their donations for illegals, fine, but a parent should NEVER see his or her tax dollars go to someone else's child who is not even an American citizen or legal immigrant. Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

This country really has its priorities messed up.
California is not a country. You have your argument messed up.

Quote:
Many of them send billions out of our economy to their home countries. How does that benefit our economy? Whatever taxes they do pay consider it paying for their social costs and even at that they are still in the negative. As for paying any income taxes if Americans were working the jobs they have undercut Americans for they in turn would be paying income taxes. So where is the loss there? The only ones benefiting from illegal immigration are the greedy employers and our politicians pandering for the Hispanic vote.
Instead of blindly whining here like a hippie does at how all corporations are bad, why don't you go out and dig up some data on the economic impact of illegal immigrants. That way, you'll actually have a real argument.

Old 09-05-2013, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
California is not a country. You have your argument messed up.

Instead of blindly whining here like a hippie does at how all corporations are bad, why don't you go out and dig up some data on the economic impact of illegal immigrants. That way, you'll actually have a real argument.
Whining? My, you're real civil, aren't you? I have plenty of stats saved on the negative impact of illegal immigration. I would be glad to post them if you want. Do you really want to know the truth though? Somehow I doubt it.

Old 09-05-2013, 04:57 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
If they're good enough to work in the states, spend their money in the states, pay their taxes in the states....then they're good enough for grants in the states.
If they're making enough to pay taxes they can afford to pay tuition.

Old 09-05-2013, 06:18 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoulesMSU View Post
That is only because people like you won't let them pay taxes by not allowing them to get citizenship and therefore pay all the taxes associated with it. Derp.
Derp? You are correct..I do not want to live around criminals,duh?

They are not needed here nor or they wanted here by most Americans who work especially..so,when they take your Walmart greeters job from you don't come crying to us and starting a thread on here because we won't want to hear it.

Old 09-05-2013, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Derp? You are correct..I do not want to live around criminals,duh?

They are not needed here nor or they wanted here by most Americans who work especially..so,when they take your Walmart greeters job from you don't come crying to us and starting a thread on here because we won't want to hear it.
Another thing is that if Americans got those jobs back that these illegals are holding they in turn would be paying taxes. So he was sayin?

Old 09-05-2013, 07:42 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
If they're making enough to pay taxes they can afford to pay tuition.
Yes, except we know that most illegals are getting Medicaid and food stamps for their anchor babies.

Those committing identity theft and felony document fraud may or may not pay taxes, many illegals work for so little wages, they get a fat EITC check if they file an income statement. Virturally none of the "independent contractors" who are here illegally pays any social security or FICA tax. NONE.

Old 09-05-2013, 08:41 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prytania View Post
Wrong. Take away aid (to citizens, at least) and college will only be within the reach of the wealthy. No thanks.

I want my country to succeed and nations prosper with an educated population.
Take away the aid and you'll see the cost of tuition drop. Colleges are in business to make money, even the supposedly not for profit, education is secondary, if no one can afford to go they will lower the prices.

Old 09-05-2013, 08:43 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoulesMSU View Post
That is only because people like you won't let them pay taxes by not allowing them to get citizenship and therefore pay all the taxes associated with it. Derp.
We won't "let" them pay taxes because they'll never pay enough taxes to cover the cost in social services and other benefits that they steal from citizens of this country every day.

Old 09-05-2013, 08:46 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times
I personally feel that the scope of this discussion should be larger. Taxpayers shouldn't have to pay college tuition for poorly qualified individuals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies