Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 09:26 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,046,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I'm not anti-choice at all. I'm pro-education because I believe in my heart that abortion is the height, the absolute height of ignorance. To think that abortion is the solution to an unwanted pregnancy is so ignorant that it's sad. Like thinking blood letting cures illnesses like they did 500 years ago or burning people at the stake who were mentally ill would cure evil.

People need to love their children and teach them right from wrong. They need to help their children not make mistakes that result in mistakes like abortion.
I'm sorry but I think people who believe as you do are the ignorant ones. They are so many unwanted kids in foster care already and yet you want to add to that. I'm so happy that you pro lifers feel good when you can somehow stop an abortion. What you don't care about is what happens to this child who is born and not wanted. You claim to care about life but you really don't. But hey, as long as there was no abortion you're good to go because you've done your good deed.

Old 09-07-2013, 09:29 PM

25,840 posts, read 16,517,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I'm sorry but I think people who believe as you do are the ignorant ones. They are so many unwanted kids in foster care already and yet you want to add to that. I'm so happy that you pro lifers feel good when you can somehow stop an abortion. What you don't care about is what happens to this child who is born and not wanted. You claim to care about life but you really don't. But hey, as long as there was no abortion you're good to go because you've done your good deed.
Do you think that in 100 years that people will be getting abortions? Do you think that more enlightened people will still be having irresponsible sex and instead of giving birth to a baby they will be using a drill with a cutting knife on the end to cut a baby into tiny pieces in the womb?

Old 09-07-2013, 09:33 PM

You folks where are OK with abortion must also be OK with women who do drugs and alcohol during pregnancy right? I mean it's her body and you have no respect for the child she is bearing until it's separate from the womb right?

Who cares if it has fetal alcohol syndrome, as long as it was her choice right?

Old 09-07-2013, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Do you think that in 100 years that people will be getting abortions? Do you think that more enlightened people will still be having irresponsible sex and instead of giving birth to a baby they will be using a drill with a cutting knife on the end to cut a baby into tiny pieces in the womb?
What? Why are you talking about 100 years from now? If you feel this way why aren't you adopting these kids. You can preach all you want but unless you willing to take these kids in then you are just blowing hot air. In other words, talk is cheap.

Old 09-07-2013, 09:49 PM

Quote:
What? Why are you talking about 100 years from now? If you feel this way why aren't you adopting these kids. You can preach all you want but unless you willing to take these kids in then you are just blowing hot air. In other words, talk is cheap.
So you don't want to answer a simple question then? Do you think that in 100 years abortion will be considered a reasonable solution to an unwanted pregnancy?

Is that too difficult for you? You chose to take part in this discussion.

Old 09-07-2013, 10:03 PM

Quote:
So you don't want to answer a simple question then? Do you think that in 100 years abortion will be considered a reasonable solution to an unwanted pregnancy?

And you didn't answer my question about now, in this day in age. What is to become of these unwanted kids. Why are we worrying about 100 years from now Sorry, don't get it. No one knows the future.

Old 09-07-2013, 10:14 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,010,807 times
Quote:
I'm not anti-choice at all. I'm pro-education because I believe in my heart that abortion is the height, the absolute height of ignorance. To think that abortion is the solution to an unwanted pregnancy is so ignorant that it's sad. Like thinking blood letting cures illnesses like they did 500 years ago or burning people at the stake who were mentally ill would cure evil.

the more education and access to BC is the answer to reducing abortion. there is no other "solution" to an unwanted pregnancy besides the 3 choices we have now. abortion is here to stay. abortion is a responsible solution even if you don't agree.

People need to love their children and teach them right from wrong. They need to help their children not make mistakes that result in mistakes like abortion.
people "should" people "should" d all kinds of things. besides kids make mistakes even when they know better.

Quote:
Can a Kindergartner support them self? Can they make a living and provide shelter for them self? Why shouldn't they be killed if they can't do that? What is the difference? You think that a baby is viable outside of the womb but they still would die in hours if they weren't cared for 24 hours a day just like an embryo is right?

how many times does it have to be pointed out the difference between a baby in utero and one born, is the baby born can be taken care of by anyone who wants the job. not so with a pregnancy.

No doctor, no scientist, not even Einstein himself had a clue to why human beings are on this planet, or where we can from or what makes us human. You think that doctors and judges can determine who is human and when a human being deserves basic human rights?

a fetus does not have rights nor should it. it will never have rights that outweigh the woman in which it has to be to grow. pregnancy, birth and child rearing is a voluntary pursuit. in america no woman should be forced to give birth against her will

What is the difference between our society and abortion and Germany and the gas chambers? seriously, again? people who were gassed in germany were born, not fetal tissue in an individuals womb. remeber it was hitler who had breeding camps for his super race. sound familiar?

They had tons of justifications as well. They truly believed that Jews and Gypsies and others were less than human and they had the right to kill them.

So someone explain to me the difference.
again, they were fully formed alive people, not in the womb fetus. potential life. huge difference

Quote:
yes woman have been getting abortions since sex first dawned on people. it will happen forever.

Quote:
You folks where are OK with abortion must also be OK with women who do drugs and alcohol during pregnancy right? I mean it's her body and you have no respect for the child she is bearing until it's separate from the womb right?

if a woman wants her baby I support her. period. I support her no matter what her choice is. again you compare 2 different issues. a woman that drinks in her pregnancy should of aborted if that is how she is goes through her pregnancy. it is not the same thing as an abortion. nice try through.

Who cares if it has fetal alcohol syndrome, as long as it was her choice right?
Quote:

again, yes. woman will always consider abortion even 1,000 years from now.

Old 09-07-2013, 10:14 PM

Quote:
And you didn't answer my question about now, in this day in age. What is to become of these unwanted kids. Why are we worrying about 100 years from now Sorry, don't get it. No one knows the future.

I'll tell you the future because I know it for sure. The children are our future, that is the ones who weren't chopped up into little pieces in the womb, the ones allowed to be born the way God intended.

And the fact that there are "unwanted" kids are certainly not the kid's fault. That is society's fault.

Killing babies because you don't want them? Is that reasonable in your world?

It's not an ideal situation for young women to get pregnant when they aren't ready to be parents, I get that completely. But then most of what God creates is beyond our comprehension as well. Every single one of those children have a purpose on this Earth and abortion is preventing that.

How can anyone know what that means?

Old 09-07-2013, 10:17 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,010,807 times
Quote:
I'll tell you the future because I know it for sure. The children are our future, that is the ones who weren't chopped up into little pieces in the womb, the ones allowed to be born the way God intended.

And the fact that there are "unwanted" kids are certainly not the kid's fault. That is society's fault.

It's not an ideal situation for young women to get pregnant when they aren't ready to be parents, I get that completely. But then most of what God creates is beyond our comprehension as well. Every single one of those children have a purpose on this Earth and abortion is preventing that.

don't want an abortion don't have one. simple. you can live your life and your values by your belief in your god. the rest of the world gets to live their life how they see fit.

what god creates is beyond our comprehension? why doesn't he make sure unwanted pregnacies never happen to begin with?

Old 09-07-2013, 10:20 PM

Quote:

So do something about it. Adopt these kids. You can't sit on the sidelines and judge people if you aren't willing to step up to the plate. And I don't think you want to go there with every child having a purpose on earth. Think of all the murderers and rapists and so on. Are you saying that was their purpose on earth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies