Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 02:52 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
Obama always has a reason for what he does. Theres no way he decided to get congress approval unless he already knew he had the votes. That is what he has been doing behind closed doors before he offically asked for their approval. There was no need to do that if he was going to be shot down by congress.

So why does he want to attack syria so bad? Is it because it will cause iran to attack israel? Or cause israel to attack iran first expecting an attack? Theres no good to this move. All for Obama to save face? This act will start a world war with iran, syria, russia and china against us.

No the reason might just be because if we are in a world war he has just cause to suspend a election. The pressure to not change leadership during such a important time will be pushed by the media and the left.

Only a world war would be cause to do this.

If he cared about the people of syria he would have stopped the former iraq weapons program syria has from being used 2 plus yrs ago. But back then he was trying to be reelected. He didnt want to go there ( bengazi). Yes bengazi is a incedent that is included in this current event.
Awwww, another conspiracy theory, I always like these, since every time righties post their crackpot theories they are proven wrong and the oppsoite is true. I will give this one a B+ for being original, that is until the righties flood the sites with it.

Old 09-04-2013, 02:55 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
Quote:
Obama always has a reason for what he does. Theres no way he decided to get congress approval unless he already knew he had the votes. That is what he has been doing behind closed doors before he offically asked for their approval. There was no need to do that if he was going to be shot down by congress.

So why does he want to attack syria so bad? Is it because it will cause iran to attack israel? Or cause israel to attack iran first expecting an attack? Theres no good to this move. All for Obama to save face? This act will start a world war with iran, syria, russia and china against us.

No the reason might just be because if we are in a world war he has just cause to suspend a election. The pressure to not change leadership during such a important time will be pushed by the media and the left.

If he cared about the people of syria he would have stopped the former iraq weapons program syria has from being used 2 plus yrs ago. But back then he was trying to be reelected. He didnt want to go there ( bengazi). Yes bengazi is a incedent that is included in this current event.
Like most right-wing predictions, this is also wrong.

Old 09-04-2013, 02:59 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:

Oh, dear god! Too paranoid and too "dense."

Old 09-04-2013, 03:03 PM

1,969 posts, read 6,391,828 times
Quote:

Actually Obama almost never has a good reason for anything he does. He's just Jimmy Carter with a tan. Too inept to be involved in any real conspiracy.

Old 09-04-2013, 03:03 PM

3,406 posts, read 3,450,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Awwww, another conspiracy theory, I always like these, since every time righties post their crackpot theories they are proven wrong and the oppsoite is true. I will give this one a B+ for being original, that is until the righties flood the sites with it.
Thank you for the grade... I was looking for an A tho... I half heartly posted this since i have not found a thread i have felt worth posting in for awhile.

Old 09-04-2013, 03:06 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,462,326 times
Quote:
By then $10,000 might be worth $1.25 today
I'll bet you $10,000 in today's money that this prediction will turn out to be wrong too.

Old 09-04-2013, 03:07 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,072,214 times
Quote:
Thank you for the grade... I was looking for an A tho... I half heartly posted this since i have not found a thread i have felt worth posting in for awhile.
All the other threads made too much sense?

Old 09-04-2013, 03:13 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,434,679 times
Quote:

No the reason might just be because if we are in a world war he has just cause to suspend a election. The pressure to not change leadership during such a important time will be pushed by the media and the left..
Congratulations

We are now back in GWB and a 3rd term conspiracy theories.

Does every president who gets a 2nd term these days, get accused of a global dyabolic plan to become emperor.

Its almost funny.. this is the exact same thread as GWB, except I think they said he would use more 9/11 style terrorism

Old 09-04-2013, 03:15 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,641,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
I'll bet you $10,000 that Obama will leave office on or before 1/20/2017.

(I've made the same offer repeatedly on C-D before, but no one has ever taken me up on it. I wonder why.)
Perhaps because it's really childish...?

Old 09-04-2013, 03:16 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,462,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
Perhaps because it's really childish...?
No more so than the absurd insistence that Obama will somehow find a way to circumvent the Constitution and acquire a third term, which has been brought up here (and thoroughly debunked) repeatedly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies