Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 09:05 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,869,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You cant blame this one on the left. The right was running national TV adds against national legislature the first week of January, and most state legislatures werent even in session at that point.

The Right wing had already created a national narrative before any Democrat had opened their mouth in a State House or Senate chamber.

They then perpetuated the lie that the legislature proposed was a violation of rights, and that the Gun lobby wasnt even allowed to be at the negotiating table, which was a flat out lie. The NRA had representatives at the white House and at House chambers and agreed to what the President Proposed and then campaigned against it in public.

NO, the left doesnt get the blame for this. The Right wing derailed the debate before it even started.

WHOA!!!! Apparently you and I are living in parallel universes or something because what you describe is far different from what I saw happening.

Quote:
The Right wing had already created a national narrative before any Democrat had opened their mouth in a State House or Senate chamber.
Thats funny, because as I recall, Democrats and left wing media were calling for more gun control before the bodies of the children were even cold. Literallly within an hour or two after the news broke, and thats a conservative estimate. It's probably more like within a half an hour. If you believe the Right started the narrative, you are truly fooling yourself.

Quote:
They then perpetuated the lie that the legislature proposed was a violation of rights
It was a violation of rights. According to the Supreme Court, an Assault weapons ban would have been a violation of a Constitutional Right. They ruled that any firearm that is commonly and/or overwhelmingly owned by Americans for self defense or other lawful purposes was protected by the Second Amendment. Can't remember if that was the Heller decision or the McDonald, but it was one of'em. Doesn't really matter anyway, seing as an AWB would be based on nothing but cosmetic features and wouldn't take any firearm off the market based on it's functionality or lethality and thereby, was a complete hoax.

Quote:
The NRA had representatives at the white House and at House chambers and agreed to what the President Proposed and then campaigned against it in public.
Proof of this claim? Were you there? Maybe you have a link? And the NRA never denied it's involvment in the meetings, but came out and said that they afforded them a spot basically in an effort to look like they cared what the NRA had to say, which they didn't. I can see that happening. It's believable.

Quote:
NO, the left doesnt get the blame for this. The Right wing derailed the debate before it even started
Like I said, vastly different universes you and I live in apparently. Just face it, somewhere along the line, the left fell for it's own lie that "the country had fundamentaly changed it's views on guns"..... They thought they had the opportunity of a lifetime, put it all out on the table, and lost. It's really that simple. As a result of all the draconian and insane proposals, the gate to meanigful discussion and debate was slammed shut, nothing got done at all, and the blood of the victims of the next tragedy may well be on their hands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2013, 09:11 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,902,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
I mean how do you defend such cognitive dissonance.

Attachment 117594
I don't. I believe in the 2nd A and own more than my fair share of guns and do not believe children should be used by either side of the issue to promot their agenda, and both sides are guilty of doing so.

Old 09-07-2013, 09:19 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,869,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Except the Good ol' boy network in Guntucky where that incident happened declared that case to be an unfortunate accident, and the parents were never even charged. The community all came together to have a big fundraiser for the poor irresponsible parents
Well I don't know every single detail of that case and even if I did, there isn't anything I can do about the police not prosecuting. Doesn't mean I agree with it the decision, now does it? They should be prosecuted for negligence at the very least, and involuntary manslaughter at max.

Quote:
. The manufacturer of the My Little Cricket Rifle that killed the girl, is back to selling their death toys for kids, and the gun maniacs across the country are buying them up by the millions.
So I guess Ford shouldn't manufacture a model that a drunk used to kill a kid playing in the yard right? And people should stop buying them, right? Do you seriously not see the stupidity in your illogical argument? Oh thats right, since it's a gun that somehow changes everything, right?

Quote:
A two year old girl is dead, and all gunnuts can think about, is selling more guns to Americans.
I agree. Isn't it sad that we have to fear our rights will be stripped from us by people like you after something like this to the point that people go out and panic buy like crazy? Really sad.

Quote:
You gunnuts people make me sick.
Well I see Liberalism as a mental illness, so I guess we're even.

Old 09-07-2013, 10:29 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,729,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Well I don't know every single detail of that case and even if I did, there isn't anything I can do about the police not prosecuting. Doesn't mean I agree with it the decision, now does it? They should be prosecuted for negligence at the very least, and involuntary manslaughter at max.

So I guess Ford shouldn't manufacture a model that a drunk used to kill a kid playing in the yard right? And people should stop buying them, right? Do you seriously not see the stupidity in your illogical argument? Oh thats right, since it's a gun that somehow changes everything, right?

I agree. Isn't it sad that we have to fear our rights will be stripped from us by people like you after something like this to the point that people go out and panic buy like crazy? Really sad.

Well I see Liberalism as a mental illness, so I guess we're even.
Yeah liberalism has caused more people to be victims of violent crime then any armed gunman...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies