Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2013, 07:16 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,741,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Why are college students being interviewed by Hannity, wasn't there a more reasonable forum.
You dont like the fact your side was shown in a honest light, which makes them look like the brainless left wing statist they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2013, 07:22 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,813,075 times
Quote:
Why are college students being interviewed by Hannity, wasn't there a more reasonable forum.
Because he's usually pretty good at exposing the left and its absurd ideology.

Old 09-10-2013, 07:34 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Because he's usually pretty good at exposing the left and its absurd ideology.

It would have been better to have someone more objective, maybe like James Carville??

Old 09-10-2013, 07:55 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,074,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Please explain how this government that can not secure its ports and borders, understand and follow the Constitution, right and not violate the rights of its citizens, or even pass and follow a budget, can run our lives better then can?

A fair tax works.

As for health care, any government that can not follow and pass a budget by default has no right to tell others what do with their own money.

Repeal the Unaffordable Healthcare Act, pass Trot Refrom and get the lawyers our of the healthcare industry, you should be able to sue when something goes wrong, but not to the point were doctors are paying 180,000 a year in malpractice insurance under the fear they might get sued.

What we have done and are doing is not working, so why the hell should we keep giving more power to the federal government?
Well, there have to be SOME services maintained by the federal government. Otherwise, things aren't effective. Could you imagine life is roads, for example, were all privatized? (I know - roads are mostly maintained by state, county, and city authorities, but there are interstate highways, for example.) It would be a disaster!

The problem with health insurance, and the health industry in general, is that it's a for-profit industry. So somebody is making money off of other people being sick. I don't think that's how it needs to be and reducing that incentive would help lower costs immensely. It doesn't need to be a "growth" industry - health care needs to keep up with maintaining the needs of its clients.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:13 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,813,075 times
Quote:
It would have been better to have someone more objective, maybe like James Carville??
Apparently James Carville is not interested in doing that.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
Well, there have to be SOME services maintained by the federal government. Otherwise, things aren't effective. Could you imagine life is roads, for example, were all privatized? (I know - roads are mostly maintained by state, county, and city authorities, but there are interstate highways, for example.) It would be a disaster!

What evidence do you have that support this?

The problem with health insurance, and the health industry in general, is that it's a for-profit industry. So somebody is making money off of other people being sick. I don't think that's how it needs to be and reducing that incentive would help lower costs immensely. It doesn't need to be a "growth" industry - health care needs to keep up with maintaining the needs of its clients.
Yeah its a for profit industry, you work, or provide a service you get paid...

People will always be sick, is it ok to make money selling food, i mean you are making money off people being hungry..

How does reducing the motivation for innovation going to reduce price?

You are aware we had the best drug companies and the best hospitals before the obamanation of the current healthcare law was passed right, you are aware this will kill the innovation the is America`s health care industry, right?

Old 09-11-2013, 05:54 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,074,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Yeah its a for profit industry, you work, or provide a service you get paid...

People will always be sick, is it ok to make money selling food, i mean you are making money off people being hungry..

How does reducing the motivation for innovation going to reduce price?

You are aware we had the best drug companies and the best hospitals before the obamanation of the current healthcare law was passed right, you are aware this will kill the innovation the is America`s health care industry, right?
For profit means that the main responsibility of a company is making money for business owners and shareholders. Obviously with an service, there is am exchange of money involved, and in all fairness, many hospitals and insurance companies are nonprofits.

I wouldn't consider myself a fan of Obamacare, but if it was repealed, what exactly would happen? A bunch of people - some willingly, most probably unhappily - would be without health insurance. They will clog up emergency rooms and got the bill to taxpayers at a much higher cost than necessary. A few businesses not providing health insurance already might have a bit more money to hire workers and pay existing ones.

I think we need to have an honest, solution-based discussion about making health care affordable and accessible to anybody who wants it. I don't think the Republicans are interested in doing that right now, and that's a problem. Maybe Obamacare is a poor solution, but at least should have gotten the dialogue going instead of the Republicans saying no to everything to show their hatred for Obama.

As for innovation, there will always be elite hospitals existing in the private realm. I don't think that is going to change.

Old 09-11-2013, 06:03 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Apparently James Carville is not interested in doing that.
Carville reminds me of a character in a Batman movie for some reason.

Old 09-11-2013, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
For profit means that the main responsibility of a company is making money for business owners and shareholders. Obviously with an service, there is am exchange of money involved, and in all fairness, many hospitals and insurance companies are nonprofits.

I wouldn't consider myself a fan of Obamacare, but if it was repealed, what exactly would happen? A bunch of people - some willingly, most probably unhappily - would be without health insurance. They will clog up emergency rooms and got the bill to taxpayers at a much higher cost than necessary. A few businesses not providing health insurance already might have a bit more money to hire workers and pay existing ones.

I think we need to have an honest, solution-based discussion about making health care affordable and accessible to anybody who wants it. I don't think the Republicans are interested in doing that right now, and that's a problem. Maybe Obamacare is a poor solution, but at least should have gotten the dialogue going instead of the Republicans saying no to everything to show their hatred for Obama.

As for innovation, there will always be elite hospitals existing in the private realm. I don't think that is going to change.
We don't hate him , we hate what he believes and does.

and you are right elite hospitals will always exist, but all you will do with this parasite of a law is reduce the number of people who can afford them, and hurt job growth.

Old 10-04-2013, 07:29 PM

it is on again, it funny they want a great paying jobs, but vote for every policy that will prevent the creation of said jobs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies