Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 09:11 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
I don't want anybody on drugs working around me, even if its a little weed last night .

Does that apply for the deadliest drug on earth?

What if they went out partying last night and tied one on, with a bottle of Crown Royal and some beer chasers?
He got up on time and made it to work early this morning, cup o java in hand and early morning conversation has everyone laughing and in a good mood.

Speaking of Java.... You know that is a drug.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2014, 09:24 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,975,748 times
That sounds like the requirements for being employed at a lot of religious organizations.
As for the drug testing, I worked in the aviation industry (A&P LICENSE), and random drug testing was simply a fact of life.
I wish I would have made $200 per day! That's $25 per hour! Even on government contracts, with Davis-Bacon Wages, I never made close to that!

In fact, except for the drug testing (they didn't know how back then) and the $200 per day (it was more like a dollar a day), the list sounds very close to what was common in employment at the turn of the 19th-20th century, especially for school teachers!

Old 06-15-2014, 09:24 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
I don't want anybody on drugs working around me, even if its a little weed last night .
Never. Leave. Your. Room.

And once pot is legal I'm sure you will be aok with it. It won't be a 'drug' anymore. Just another plant.

Words are scary.

Old 06-15-2014, 10:35 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I earn much more than that.

The question was for those complaining about minimum wage jobs.

I should have stipulated that.

I have one huge complaint about this; men earning minimum wage are considered unmarriageable in this country, which means that they are unlikely to be married even if willing.

So what use is this $200/day job to a minimum wage earner who can't find someone willing to marry a minimum wage earner?

Old 06-18-2014, 04:42 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,309,800 times
Quote:
What "drugs" fit your restrictions? Those that can be obtained from a doctor? How about the corner liquor store? Corner grocery? Chances are almost 100% persons "On drugs" are around you at work all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies