Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 12:26 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,686,357 times

Advertisements

While I believe everyone has a right to express their opinions, I feel that celebrities tend to express their views irresponsibly. They come across as pretentious and never seem to be informed on issues, but yet they arrogantly believe that they know what's best for the average person. They are also hypocrites, allows filthy rich and do the very things that they claim to be against in movies.

Furthermore, all their views are the same. How often do you hear or see a Conservative celebrity expressing their views openly in Hollywood? Very rarely. But yet you always see celebrities talking about wanting to ban guns or about how great Obama is. This is no coincidence, I've been told by a friend who works in Hollywood that there are a lot of Conservatives and other non super liberal people in Hollywood, but they keep it to themselves for their own careers sake. In Hollywood it's not about talent so much as it is about who you know. It's about whose parties you get invited to, whose circle and name you know, and the only way to get to know those people is to agree with their radical liberalism or stay quiet about it. I have also been told that many celebrities don't really care about liberal causes, they just pretend to because it earns them "celeb cred"with the Hollywood liberal elitist.

Truth is that it's easier for a person in Hollywood to be an openly gay, Godless druggie, **** than it is to be a righteous and moral Christian who remains in the same relationship. A person like Tim Tebow would be attacked in Hollywood while a scum bag like Charlie Sheen is praised.

Old 09-08-2013, 12:49 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,072,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
While I believe everyone has a right to express their opinions, I feel that celebrities tend to express their views irresponsibly. They come across as pretentious and never seem to be informed on issues, but yet they arrogantly believe that they know what's best for the average person. They are also hypocrites, allows filthy rich and do the very things that they claim to be against in movies.
Furthermore, all their views are the same. How often do you hear or see a Conservative celebrity expressing their views openly in Hollywood? Very rarely. But yet you always see celebrities talking about wanting to ban guns or about how great Obama is. This is no coincidence, I've been told by a friend who works in Hollywood that there are a lot of Conservatives and other non super liberal people in Hollywood, but they keep it to themselves for their own careers sake. In Hollywood it's not about talent so much as it is about who you know. It's about whose parties you get invited to, whose circle and name you know, and the only way to get to know those people is to agree with their radical liberalism or stay quiet about it. I have also been told that many celebrities don't really care about liberal causes, they just pretend to because it earns them "celeb cred"with the Hollywood liberal elitist.

Truth is that it's easier for a person in Hollywood to be an openly gay, Godless druggie, **** than it is to be a righteous and moral Christian who remains in the same relationship. A person like Tim Tebow would be attacked in Hollywood while a scum bag like Charlie Sheen is praised.
Cool story bro!

"Liberals bad, conservatives good." Could have saved yourself a lot of typing....

Old 09-08-2013, 12:53 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,686,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Cool story bro!

"Liberals bad, conservatives good." Could have saved yourself a lot of typing....
Didn't even understand the question obviously, where did I state such a claim? I think there are good (and bad) people on both sides, but liberals have become the loudest and most pushy group of people over the last several years, and these stupidity celebrities are part of the problem.

Old 09-08-2013, 01:13 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,372,192 times
Quote:
While I believe everyone has a right to express their opinions, I feel that celebrities tend to express their views irresponsibly. They come across as pretentious and never seem to be informed on issues, but yet they arrogantly believe that they know what's best for the average person. They are also hypocrites,
You've just described Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity, etc.

Quote:
allows filthy rich and do the very things that they claim to be against in movies.

Poor right wingers.

No outlet for their viewpoint in the mass media.

I report. you decide.

Old 09-08-2013, 01:16 PM

10,582 posts, read 9,740,782 times
Do you find Hollywood Liberals annoying?

Who/why would anyone pay attention to them?

Do you?

Old 09-08-2013, 01:22 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,749,878 times
They are American citizens who have the Freedom of Speech. You only have a problem with them expressing their views publicly because you disagree with them. You think they're not informed because there see things differently.

Who's not pretentious when it comes to their own personal views and agenda.. This is true of most people.

Old 09-08-2013, 01:25 PM

349 posts, read 259,908 times
Quote:

"hey numbnuts can you shut your pie hole, I'm talking here!!!"

Old 09-08-2013, 01:28 PM

9,296 posts, read 16,580,571 times
The only reason Hollywood is so Democratic is they are all in actor unions and the unions always vote democratic. AFA celebrities their political views are meaningless to me. It annoys me that they spew their politics and expect their fans to follow. I was highly disappointed when Oprah used her popularity and show to support Obama. These people make millions and millions doing nothing but playing fantasy roles, charging the public ridiculous amounts to see their films when the public is out of work, on food stamps and losing their homes.

Old 09-08-2013, 01:33 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,749,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOS0311 View Post
"hey numbnuts can you shut your pie hole, I'm talking here!!!"
Clint Eastwood, Kurt Russell, Jeff Foxworthy, Dane Cook, Dennis Miller, Craig T. Nelson, Ronald Reagan, need I go on? Many of them like Craig, Dennis, and Clint are regulars on Fox News and other Conservative platforms... Yes, when these people talk, I tend to get annoyed.

Old 09-08-2013, 01:33 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,818,070 times
Quote:
...liberals have become the loudest and most pushy group of people over the last several years, and these stupidity celebrities are part of the problem.
What's the matter, you don't like all those stellar Tea Party celebrities that continually speak out for the right? You know, brainiacs like Victoria Jackson, Ted Nugent and Glenn Beck?

Hmm...yeah, I can see why you're pissed...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies