Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2013, 07:44 PM

7,502 posts, read 5,751,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Which of course is the point. It also shows that more and more employers aren't offering their workers health insurance.

It is also an indictment of how much it costs to have a child in this nation versus others. It is much too expensive to have a child in this nation.

It also has to be pointed out that we as Americans subsidize in one form or another EVERY BIRTH OF EVERY CHILD, to focus on the money spent for the birth's off some babies and not others is misplaced.

So now we are going to get a bunch of uninformed people who receive all kinds of subsidizes for their children whining about this as if it is the end of the world.

Sadly, All conservatives want to do is attack and demonize poor people as being immoral or lazy, ,or crooked as having babies because Medicaid pays, etc and so on.
They are poor because Democrats keep them there along with Sharpton, Jackson and the rest of the lot.

Old 09-09-2013, 08:01 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
These damn babies need to get off the government teat and start paying their own hospital bills!
It is the parents that need to start paying their hospital bills or stop having babies. Keep your day job you're no standup comedian.

Old 09-09-2013, 08:17 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctk0p7 View Post
Money helps alot, more should be spent in the classroom and less on administration. I hate teachers not having all the tools they need to educate and make a difference. I really do believe that teachers have the power to make a difference, if the right ones are teaching, and this would help put more students on the path to being productive instead of on welfare.
I just pointed out that in one school with the same teacher you still have the same problems with the different socioeconomic groups.

And what "tools" are teachers missing ?
We have chrome books, we have iPads, we have computer labs, we have smart boards, we have smart clickers, we have the latest software.
What tools are missing ?

Old 09-09-2013, 08:25 PM

577 posts, read 512,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I just pointed out that in one school with the same teacher you still have the same problems with the different socioeconomic groups.

And what "tools" are teachers missing ?
We have chrome books, we have iPads, we have computer labs, we have smart boards, we have smart clickers, we have the latest software.
What tools are missing ?
Sounds like your school district really hooks it's teachers up with some great technology, not all are so fortunate to have all of that. So you are a teacher, what would you suggest that will help those students from the different socioeconomic groups succeed? I know you don't think they should be just written off as a loss.

Old 09-09-2013, 08:33 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctk0p7 View Post
Sounds like your school district really hooks it's teachers up with some great technology, not all are so fortunate to have all of that. So you are a teacher, what would you suggest that will help those students from the different socioeconomic groups succeed? I know you don't think they should be just written off as a loss.
What ? Texas has robin hood school funding.
All schools get equal proportion of money.

What would help them succeed ?

Parents that care.
When you have parents that don't care then their kids don't care either.

Old 09-09-2013, 08:37 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,931,696 times
Quote:

Parents that care.
I do think parents care, however, they do the best with what they have. Unfortunately, teachers do get caught in the middle, from both sides.

Personally, I think the whole system needs to be redesigned. The same basic model is used over and over.

Old 09-09-2013, 08:41 PM

577 posts, read 512,390 times
Quote:

Parents that care.

Well I certainly hate to see that any educator has gotten to the point that they do not care anymore. If you are so burnt out on it, why haven't you gotten out?

Old 09-09-2013, 08:50 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,717,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
They are poor because Democrats keep them there along with Sharpton, Jackson and the rest of the lot.
What about seniors on Medicare who make daily visits to the clinics and hospital. In Florida Medicare pays out up to $18,000 per year for every senior. Oh I forgot they vote Republican so they are on the dole because of all the Tea Partiers who keep them dependent. Seniors are sucking twice as much out of the gubbermint as children.

Old 09-09-2013, 08:54 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,123,645 times
Just curious, are the comparative rates of Medicaid-paid child births vs. those not paid by Medicaid to unwed couples and wed couples published anywhere?

Old 09-09-2013, 09:00 PM

23,219 posts, read 29,040,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1alker View Post
Not an excuse. I know plenty of single and childfree people in their 40's and 50's that do just fine. I mean people can be free to pump out as many kids as they want but not on my dime.
Not having enough children, in any country, can be just as expensive, long-term/overall, than funding these births through welfare/Medicaid.

Russia would probably love to have this "problem", as they've tried everything to get women have children, with little or no results, and prevent Russia's population form sinking from 140m to a predicted 75m by 2050!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies