U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 11:26 PM

622 posts, read 2,501,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700 View Post
Does it tell us Clinton passed on Bin laden? Does it tell us what documents were stolen by Clinton's National Security Advisor? Probably not, it probably tells us why George Bush attacked his own country on 911. I'll pass on that one.

That is a good point to bring that up! But that doesn't make anything in the film or any argument made here less true. OK, so maybe all that happened with Clinton, too... I am not looking to attack Bush. I just want answers. Whoever was involved: Clinton, Bush, democrat, republican, socks the cat, I don't care. The point is, something is wrong and it needs to be addressed.

The video doesn't say Bush attacked our country. Actually, it just leaves you with a lot of questions. It just presents the facts, based on documentation and news stories. If the film has any message, it's "there are a lot of weird things that went on, and we need to find the answers to them." It kind of leaves you feeling empty and unsure of what to think. But it does show how our government failed on many occasions.

I was surprised at how factual it was. Thanks for that link! I'm so glad I watched it.

I for one, love to listen to the other side's (right-wing) opinions, because you can't get the truth just by listening to one side of the story! that is how i've come to many of my conservative stances... to the disappointment of many friends! It's important we all listen to each other before making our decisions. Why not watch the movie? At least to search for loopholes and debate points to use against liberals? Thats what I always do, anyways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2006, 11:50 PM

622 posts, read 2,501,188 times
I just want to add this, a1m: I am glad to speak to people who, like you, see issues from a different perspective than me. We as humans are susceptible to our cultures, and by surrounding myself with only like-minded people, I will learn nothing. I would love to hear why you think some of the things in the video are bias or untrue... because I am only interested in the truth.

But, (and you knew there was a but) that is also why I am glad to have watched the video! I learned a lot. One thing I learned, which I found interesting, is that 2 of the jersey girls were republicans before all of this and voted for Bush.

Old 10-22-2006, 11:59 PM

4,247 posts, read 9,154,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariatherese View Post
I just want to add this, a1m: I am glad to speak to people who, like you, see issues from a different perspective than me. We as humans are susceptible to our cultures, and by surrounding myself with only like-minded people, I will learn nothing. I would love to hear why you think some of the things in the video are bias or untrue... because I am only interested in the truth.

But, (and you knew there was a but) that is also why I am glad to have watched the video! I learned a lot. One thing I learned, which I found interesting, is that 2 of the jersey girls were republicans before all of this and voted for Bush.
Yes, it was very well done which is why I recommended it. Based on facts and lots of questions.

Everybody's gotta learn sometime is also quite good.

The one thing I'm sure of is that we don't know what really happened that. Since it's determined our foreign policy so drastically, we need to get more answers and to the bottom of it.

I don't engage in discussions around controlled demos, etc., because they are not necessary. I stick to the facts like...Why did Norad stand down that day? and other items. Would benefited from it? Why were some people put on gag orders?

Old 10-23-2006, 06:36 AM

311 posts, read 549,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Well, since you won't watch it, I guess you'll never know. It raises unanswered questions, which most Americans are too afraid to look at. When did we lose our backbone? There was a time we had a responsibility to question our leadership, not follow it blindly like lemmings over a cliff.
If it raises "unanswered questions" then none of us would know even if we did watch it! I'll pass.

Old 10-23-2006, 06:40 AM

311 posts, read 549,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the dufferz View Post
It was a plane that hit the pentagon. What nobody knows about is that Elvis and the remains of Jimmy Hoffa were on the plane. Now we can say for sure that Elvis is dead. I mourn.

I keep hearing "Bush is a idiot" but then I hear "he ordered all of this to happen". It would take a freaking genious to plan all of this, pull it off without any concrete proof (Sorry, there is none), keep it quiet, even though it would take hundreds of people to do this, with every single one of them keeping quiet... come on guys. please.

So, what is he? An idiot or the greatest criminal minds of all time? HE can't be both.
Thank You! Some people TRY to have it both ways....I think I'll contact Michael Moore and see if he could do a "documentary" on The Final Exit of Elvis.

Old 10-23-2006, 03:19 PM

5,298 posts, read 5,673,842 times
Quote:
They will try to give us nationalized healthcare and take away our choice of doctors, we will all go to the clinics and get on list for cancer treatment, and any other big ticket items. The doctor's won't care about a thing because they won't be getting paid what they are used to.
that would be a good thing for those of us who have no insurance,It has been 11 years since I've seen a doctor or dentist for that matter,can't afford it. I would vote for Hillary in a heartbeat.

Old 10-23-2006, 04:35 PM

2,814 posts, read 11,895,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystree66 View Post
that would be a good thing for those of us who have no insurance,It has been 11 years since I've seen a doctor or dentist for that matter,can't afford it. I would vote for Hillary in a heartbeat.
Hillary swings with the political winds. I doubt she gives a rat's a$$ about anyone. But your predicament is exactly why I believe we have to do something about the uninsured in this country. It's too expensive to maintain private insurance, especially for families outside of a program supplied by our jobs (if they offer it). We need to have some type of system independent of jobs, not so rigid and inefficient as Canada's, but more affordable and accessible than what we have now, for sure. Now if you were an illegal migrant mystree66, you could just walk into a hospital and have whatever you need done at no cost The rest of us would simply add it on to the bill we're already paying to carry the illegal freeloaders

Old 10-23-2006, 04:38 PM

12,775 posts, read 7,380,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitney View Post
Wake up, Americans! It takes TWO to quarrel, TWO to unite.....I don't think you can point the finger at only Bush. When one party can't get over the fact that they lost an election (twice) they will never make an effort to unite.

I don't think Bush has done as much as he could to secure the border.....neither do I think either party in congress has done their part. Congress is too busy holding their fingers up to see which way the wind blows so they will know how to cast their votes in order to be re-elected. BOTH parties pander to their "special interest groups" because that is politics as usual, unfortunately for those of us who have to vote not always for the best, but the better of the two choices given us.

To quote milliebefit...none of this is important if we are dead.
Democrats don't have to make an effort...Republicans have been running the country for the last six years, majority in the house and senate.

I agree with your assessment of congress...nuff said!

I still insist that Bush's plan to spy on Americans, allow illegal aliens in to create a feudal society here, etc., etc., ....well, we may as well be dead! Live Free or Die!

Old 10-23-2006, 05:24 PM

5,298 posts, read 5,673,842 times
Quote:
Hillary swings with the political winds. I doubt she gives a rat's a$$ about anyone. But your predicament is exactly why I believe we have to do something about the uninsured in this country. It's too expensive to maintain private insurance, especially for families outside of a program supplied by our jobs (if they offer it). We need to have some type of system independent of jobs, not so rigid and inefficient as Canada's, but more affordable and accessible than what we have now, for sure. Now if you were an illegal migrant mystree66, you could just walk into a hospital and have whatever you need done at no cost The rest of us would simply add it on to the bill we're already paying to carry the illegal freeloaders
I just try to stay healthy because I can't afford to be sick. And unless you're fortunate enough to have a job that pays for your insurance or enough for it to make a difference,alot can't afford it.The fear I have is my mother died of cancer at 50,I'm 40 and hope I don't inherit her genes,she was healthy until 49 and 11 months later gone.But even prevenative dr visits are expensive. But anyhow I think I'm off topic..sorry.

Old 10-23-2006, 06:52 PM

12,775 posts, read 7,380,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700 View Post
They are trying to effect our elections and have us vote democrat.

I'm not sure what to expect except a tax increase.

I do know they will grant full amnesty with social security benefits for illegals.

They will try to give us nationalized healthcare and take away our choice of doctors, we will all go to the clinics and get on list for cancer treatment, and any other big ticket items. The doctor's won't care about a thing because they won't be getting paid what they are used to.

We will cut and run from the middle east.

We will sit and talk to N Korea and Iran as if they were rational people and they will walk all over us.

We will have more government programs for more people to sit home and not do the jobs Americans are not doing, since half the illegals will be doing them and the other half will be on welfare having children.

The Hollywood Celebrities will be partying in the White House again.

The Democrats are using a Marxist slogan for their elections. To each according to his needs and all I hear is the common good. Talk about getting your rights taken away.
1) If you are listening to Bush, the terrorists hate ALL of us, not just Republicans. I doubt they care who is in office here.

2) Yes, you will get a tax increase with the Democrats if you are in the top one percent of income earners or own a major corporation.

3) How do you know what national healthcare will be like? We have never had it in this country. My sense is that there will still be 'rich doctors' for people who can afford them. Poor people will actually be able to see a doctor!

4) Cut and run from the middle east? We are only in Iraq at the moment I think. Or is the real plan to take over the middle east? How can we 'cut and run' from a war that, according to Bush, was over in 2003? MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. Do you really, really feel safer because our troops are dying in a civil war in a country with a population which thinks it is OK to kill American soldiers?

5) Bush, et.al have been in total power for six years. During those six years North Korea and Iran have developed nuclear power. What does he do, ignore a problem until the only way to deal with it is to enrich his cronies at Haliburton with another war? And I just loved him blaming Clinton! That's like the Native Americans blaming YOU for what happened 200 years ago. News Flash! North Korea and Iran are ALREADY walking all over us.

6) I am firmly against illegal aliens. I am terribly disappointed that the Democratic party took this stance.

7) Well, at least Hollywood celebs are more entertaining than right-wing, conservative bible-thumpers who want to turn this country into a theocracy.

8) The common good...heaven forbid! Well, I guess this election is really between the Marxists and the Fascists!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies