Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 08:23 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,470,059 times

Advertisements

More liberal talking points and another person taking the poison on election day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2006, 08:50 PM

504 posts, read 1,763,979 times
This is for MoMark, I hate to say this but I absoloutly agree with everything you said [except bush being fun]and you said it well. I too do not believe that the worse president ever had anything to do with 911 but it sure gave him an excuse to do what he wanted in Iraq and trample all over our Constitution.

Old 10-21-2006, 10:33 PM

311 posts, read 618,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander59 View Post
This is for MoMark, I hate to say this but I absoloutly agree with everything you said [except bush being fun]and you said it well. I too do not believe that the worse president ever had anything to do with 911 but it sure gave him an excuse to do what he wanted in Iraq and trample all over our Constitution.
I think there were MANY liberals that agreed with Bush on Iraq (in at least one case, Kerry, he agreed then disagreed as he did in other things) however, many of these backed away from their initial support because it wasn't in their favor politically.
I don't always agree with our President, but he doesn't back down just because the polls don't agree with him.

See you at the poll, alm1700!!

Old 10-21-2006, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander59 View Post
alexander59, why would you "hate to say" that you agree with MoMark? It is your opinion so why make that statement? Just curious.

Old 10-22-2006, 08:35 AM

986 posts, read 2,807,577 times
Wake up people we are at war with "radical Islam" they are plotting everyday on ways they can kill us or convert us. I want politicians in power that are willing to do what it takes to keep us safe. Social security, health care, taxes, gas prices etc. are important but they mean nothing if we are all dead!!

Old 10-22-2006, 09:53 AM

2,815 posts, read 12,983,593 times
I think we can fight radical Islam and still handle domestic issues that affect all of us on a daily basis milliebfit I think if you're worried about Islam trying to convert you, you need look no further than Europe where liberal European traditions have allowed radical Muslims to nearly quash their free speech and abuse their democratic institutions to move their agendas forward by successfully silencing any opposition through anti-discrimination laws and an out-of-control political correctness gone bad. But the backlash has begun there and it's probably going to be ugly. No one goes primitive and more violent and cruel than Europeans without the veneer of restraint. The Muslims there have gone too far in insisting on being accomodated at the expense of the native cultures and it's coming back to haunt them. They refuse to assimilate and have sought to impose their religious law on institutions, schools, etc. But, Europeans don't allow them to integrate either. I doubt America will experience the same fate. The Europeans brought in dirt-poor uneducated Muslims to do their labor for them, then couldn't get rid of them and refused to educate them or give them jobs, but stuck them in ghettos and fenced them culturally off and ignored them. In America Muslims tend to be very well educated, American first, and they, like everyone else, are patriotic separating religion and allegiance to America. They weren't ever "guest workers" like in Europe. There are radicals among us, but they are being rooted out. Unlike Canada or Britain and other parts of Europe, there is no willingness in the U.S. to tolerate the radical imams who openly seek to radicalize young men and who preach death and violence to the West and Americans. We can fight radical Islam and still take care of domestic issues in my opinion.

Old 10-22-2006, 10:32 AM

622 posts, read 2,708,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
I don't know what happened other than what I saw as I watched the twin towers get hit and fall in shock that morning in Sept. of 2001. We've seen the Al Qaeda videos from Afghanistan taken "before" 9/11" which showed the hijackers preparing and acknowledged their goals. We don't know why #7 WTC collapsed, why a 50 story building that wasn't directly hit and had little visible damage suddenly collaped seven hours or so after the towers. What would have been the purpose in blowing it up anyway? We haven't seen photos that show a plane fuselage lodged in the side of the Pentagon, and it does seem strange that no one seems to recall a plane hitting it, where's the plane? Did it suddenly become dust upon impact and all traces disappear? Whatever happened that day, President Bush launched two wars based on that day. The first one was absolutely just and we had every right to invade Afghanistan and remove the Taliban who shelted Al Qaeda and go after Al Qaeda. With Iraq the argument is up for grabs. Clearly that was falsely sold. Why though? I don't know.... a stepping stone to go after Iran maybe? I don't know. But if Bush and his cohorts Cheney and Rumsfeld were truly interested in stopping terrorists and the threat they pose to the U.S., why did they make the rebuilding contracts in Iraq no-bid awards to companies they get income from and have interests in??? Why if preventing terrorism is so important to Bush & Co. have they ignored the Mexican border and refused to follow American's wishes to stop the flow of illegal aliens including those infiltrating from the Middle East through Mexico to the U.S.? Why if terrorism is so important to Bush and key Republicans have they tried to slam amnesty through for people who are undocumented and of whom we know nothing without securing the borders, enforcing employment laws against illegal aliens, etc.? Well, I am not much of a conspiracy buff for 9/11 myself, but I think it's pretty clear that Bush and his Administration abused our natural sense of patriotism and sense of outrage to launch a false war with geopolitical and business interests contrary to the good of the USA and 3000 further Americans are now dead because of his actions. I am definitely voting in November. I've read the voting records of the incumbents. I will be voting to toss out all incumbents, who in my state, are Republicans. I don't think the Democrats can do anything better about Iraq this time, but the loss of liberty has gone so far under the Republicans we have to consider the long haul and hope the Democrats in charge of the House and Senate will check this maniacal power-mad dictator wannabee in Washington. That's just my opinion. As for Mr. Bush on a personal level...believe it or not, I bet he'd be fun to be a friend of. In politics and policies however, he destroying this country. Again, only my opinion and I think 9/11 has been used and abused to that end.
Mark, I may not agree with you on some issues (I've been keeping out of the political arguments lately so as not to get too addicted to this forum but I mostly agree with you here! I don't know if 9/11 was a government conspiracy, I can't say one way or the other. But I do know that Bush and his cohorts abused our concept of Patriotism to fulfill their own desires and those of special interest groups. I do not like to associate myself with one party or another... I generally lean to the left but can be surprisingly conservative on some issues... but I will be voting Democrat as well, for the very same reasons.

Old 10-22-2006, 10:47 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milliebfit View Post
Wake up people we are at war with "radical Islam" they are plotting everyday on ways they can kill us or convert us. I want politicians in power that are willing to do what it takes to keep us safe. Social security, health care, taxes, gas prices etc. are important but they mean nothing if we are all dead!!
And if we the people allow our freedoms to become extinct, the terrorists have won also. You have ingested, hook, line, and sinker the politics of FEAR, when the chances of any American being killed by terrorists is practically nil. If Bush was so intent on keeping us safe, what's with the open borders, where anyone can come here and stay? What's with selling our infrastructure to foreign governments?

I for one refuse to vote the FEAR ticket. And what kind of message does it give the middle east when Bush says we have to fight in Iraq so we don't fight on American soil? If I was an Iraqi I'd be really pissed! Iraq was no threat to us but the people there are paying the price for our own blunders and Bush's vendetta against Hussain, not to mention his grab for oil.

Wake up, Americans! Try to be objective, not Democrat or Republican. Bush said he's a 'uniter', but we have never in history been so divided, teeth bared and snarling in our respective corners.

Old 10-22-2006, 11:34 AM

622 posts, read 2,708,782 times
You said it, Fox!

The war of this age is not really fought with guns, but with mass media and subliminal messages. Today, that message is fear.

Old 10-22-2006, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post

Wake up, Americans! Try to be objective, not Democrat or Republican. Bush said he's a 'uniter', but we have never in history been so divided, teeth bared and snarling in our respective corners.
Wake up, Americans! It takes TWO to quarrel, TWO to unite.....I don't think you can point the finger at only Bush. When one party can't get over the fact that they lost an election (twice) they will never make an effort to unite.

I don't think Bush has done as much as he could to secure the border.....neither do I think either party in congress has done their part. Congress is too busy holding their fingers up to see which way the wind blows so they will know how to cast their votes in order to be re-elected. BOTH parties pander to their "special interest groups" because that is politics as usual, unfortunately for those of us who have to vote not always for the best, but the better of the two choices given us.

To quote milliebefit...none of this is important if we are dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies