Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2013, 06:08 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,249,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
you cant fix stupid and boy oh boy they are coming out of the wood work!!! LOL
don't they know how silly they are??
how little brains they have???
it really is entertaining LOL

Please try to stay on topic.

Attacking and insuslting people who have an opinion that's different than yours is not staying on topic.

Old 09-09-2013, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
You must be new to the Zimmerman threads! lol. They're like cockroaches that just won't go away.
More personal attacks??

Please try to stay on topic.

Old 09-09-2013, 06:11 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,205,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
He was never arrested and both his wife and her father have signed statements declining to prosecute. This wouldn't be the first time an estranged wife suing her husband for divorce called the cops and alleged violence to gain sympathy in court. (Especially if he's in/famous.) If Mr. Zimmerman really threatened his ex with a gun and really punched her father on the nose, why in heavens name did they explicitly refuse to press charges? (Hint for the terminally dull: Signing a false statement to the police is a crime.)

Like I said after the Trayvon shooting, maybe he's guilty and maybe he's not. Only time will tell.

Everyone who has already drawn a conclusion is a bigot.

you have that right it is the batty wife
after talking to her lawyer she backed down how would you like to have her for a client!!
and if she lied she needs to be arrested pulling a stunt like that when police need to go on REAL calls!! and I came out of domestic violence and I can see what this *itch is doing
women like that are like woman who yell rape when there has been no rape it makes it harder for real situations to be believed
shame on her!!!
and shame on the jerks that are just pissed because Zimmerman was found not guilty
he was defending himself as he should have done
how pathetic for people to not see this who is no brain dead they will want an innocent man to be punished
what goes around comes around and no day it might be them with their heads getting bashed in
think they would want a fair trial???

Old 09-09-2013, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
Or maybe they were threatened and fear for their lives.

seems like their is a video of this

I say she is lying and her lawyer told her to shut her stupid mouth
I was held hostage for several hours by my ex boyfriend he threatened to kill me and had a 45 automatic
I called police and he faced 20 years for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon
when the police got their he was in handcuffs with in seconds
you think I was not terrified?? hell yes I was but with the police there and the gun and him in jail I was so relieved to be safe
if he did that she would have pressed charges
she is lying and I bet she gets charged especially if there is a video

Old 09-09-2013, 06:24 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Because he's managed to slide.

He hasn't been convicted of any crime because he's managed to wiggle out of the charges one way or another.

Sad.
His father is a judge I believe?

Old 09-09-2013, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
He's a child of privilege, and he's been escaping from trouble like Houdini all of his life. This was easy to predict. Vegas should've been taking bets as to when it would. It was just that inevitable.
I feel you hit the nail on the head.

Old 09-09-2013, 06:28 PM

Like I said before. Regardless of this situation, he has a history of violence and abuse.

~ Assaulting a Police Officer
~ Domestic Abude (prior to this incident)
~ Molesting his cousin

Old 09-09-2013, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
His father is a judge I believe?
....or something.

I think his mother is involved in the judicial system as well.

I'm not sure if either of those facts are what has kept Zimmerman from facing the music in the past, or if it was just a case of plea deals and the need to try to keep as many "low level" offenders off the prison rolls as possible.

Who knows? Hopefully something will eventually stick - and that it happens before someone else dies.

Old 09-09-2013, 06:29 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,156,271 times
Some of you like georgia dem, dont know anything about dv. It is very common for women to not want to press charges against their abuser. There is a damm good and common sense reason, that apparently went right over your heads. Women who have a real fear of their abuser often are too fearful to press charges. Common sense, people....common sense. You can hear the fear in her voice as she calls 911. That is why they changed the law in regards to dv some years ago , years ago if a woman wouldnt press charges the police couldnt do anything. But they realized this was encouraging abusers to feel like they can further abuse their victims. So the law was changed so that even if a woman declines to press charges, the abuser will still be charged. So it is irrelevant that the victim is too scared to prosecute. ..the police, if they are following dv laws on the books, have a legal duty to prosecute him, regardless of whether shellie is now too scared to file charges. The law was made that way to take the responsibility off of the victim and place it on the state.

Old 09-09-2013, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Many victims of domestic assault don't press charges. It's up to the state of Florida to do that.

I am a survivor of domestic violence
you do not have to tell me I lived it and lived to tell the tale a lot of woman don't she does not act like she is scared she is trying to cause him trouble and I bet it comes out
to be just that if she was that scared she would not have called the police to begin with I was in a situation where I was held hostage for hours by my ex boyfriend I was terrified that he WAS going to kill me he kept counting to five but he was so drunk I was finally able to get to the phone with out him knowing it
what also almost got me killed was 911 calling me back to "make sure" I had had a gun in my face!!! that call alerted him that I had used the phone!! a very deadly situation I know what it feels like to be threatened!!
the police got there and when I opened the door fully a big cop reached in and jerked me out to safety they had him hand cuffed in seconds but could not find the gun
I went in a lifted the chair cushion and there it was! I had night mares for about 6 months
no if he did this to her she would be yelling her head off!
I went into the witness protection program for safety reasons
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies