U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 04:46 PM

937 posts, read 2,583,317 times

Advertisements

How do you guys feel about this?

Optimum Online - News - AP News - Rare Robbery Case Brings Cries of Racism

Quote:
Edmonds' stepson, Dale Lafferty, suffered brain damage from the baseball bat beating he took during the melee. The 19-year-old lives in a rehabilitation center and can no longer feed himself.

"I didn't do anything wrong. All I did was defend my family and my children's lives," said Edmonds, 33. "I'm sad the kids are dead, I didn't mean to kill them."

He added: "Race has nothing to do with it other than this was a gang of black people who thought they were going to beat up this white family."
In my opinion, justice was served!

Heres whats cute. The mother of Hughes, the one being charged in the robbery, stated they just went to the house to buy marijuana. At 4 in the morning while everyone is sleeping AND beating someone with a baseball bat? Sure sounds like a simple buy! "Legal lynching"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2007, 05:34 PM

20,310 posts, read 19,470,947 times
Not sure he should be charged for his friends deaths, however he does desrve the max punishment for the crimes he did commit. Breaking and entering, attempted robbery, attempted murder, assualt with a leathal weapon and terroristic threats.
The man who shot the invaders? He should receive a medal. I however would have shot all 3.

Old 11-15-2007, 05:59 PM

11,436 posts, read 17,157,275 times
Edmonds' stepson, Dale Lafferty, suffered brain damage from the baseball bat beating he took during the melee. The 19-year-old lives in a rehabilitation center and can no longer feed himself.

Close enough to murder for me, he deserves whatever he gets because Dale Lafferty will suffer for the rest of his life.

Old 11-15-2007, 06:07 PM

2,432 posts, read 6,107,266 times
These guys commit an extremely violent felony and somehow the burglar is made out to be the victim. Having said that, I'm sure the DA will work out a plea bargain will be just.

Old 11-15-2007, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
These guys commit an extremely violent felony and somehow the burglar is made out to be the victim. Having said that, I'm sure the DA will work out a plea bargain will be just.
Nothing new. Thats why there are laws against using boobytraps in your house. Farmer in Idaho was charged for the crime and then sued by the criminal. The criminal actually won.....
NewYork city or chicago store owner set set a trap using a shotgun. His store had been broken into many times. The gun was aimed at a back window where they liked to break in. The criminal died from his wounds store owner was charged for killing him....
Had it been whites attacking a black family the NAACP would have been demanding max punishments.

Old 11-15-2007, 09:05 PM

55,668 posts, read 74,655,684 times
self defense is now a crime.
the sky is cryin

Old 11-15-2007, 09:15 PM

17,825 posts, read 20,235,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Not sure he should be charged for his friends deaths, however he does desrve the max punishment for the crimes he did commit. Breaking and entering, attempted robbery, attempted murder, assualt with a leathal weapon and terroristic threats.
The man who shot the invaders? He should receive a medal. I however would have shot all 3.
Well said! In Alaska we strongly advise shooting a dangerous animal twice, safety first. I don't know a more dangerous animal than homo sapien.

"Trespassers will be shot! Survivors will be shot again."

At the very least, a second shot avoids those pesky liability issues.

Old 11-15-2007, 10:20 PM

1,352 posts, read 4,229,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I've heard of charging someone with felony murder, which states that ''A person is guilty of murder when, acting either alone or with one or more persons, he commits or attempts to commit (crime) and, in the course of and in furtherance of such crime or of flight therefrom, he, or another participant, if any, causes the death of a person other than one of the participants. . . .''

It'll be interesting how this plays out however I agree "max" punishment and no plea bargain. Also agree, I would have shot all three, oops he did right

Old 11-15-2007, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayannaaaliyah View Post
I've heard of charging someone with felony murder, which states that ''A person is guilty of murder when, acting either alone or with one or more persons, he commits or attempts to commit (crime) and, in the course of and in furtherance of such crime or of flight therefrom, he, or another participant, if any, causes the death of a person other than one of the participants. . . .''

It'll be interesting how this plays out however I agree "max" punishment and no plea bargain. Also agree, I would have shot all three, oops he did right
LOL I meant I would have killed all 3. Break into my home? Attack my family with lethal force? Yeah I would have killed all 3...

Old 11-16-2007, 02:50 AM

7,731 posts, read 12,196,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post

Close enough to murder for me, he deserves whatever he gets because Dale Lafferty will suffer for the rest of his life.
Attempted Murder now. After he dies, the prosecutors could change it to Murder and argue that his death was directly caused by the Attack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies