Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2013, 02:25 PM

1,496 posts, read 1,855,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcsligar View Post
I'm tired of this two party system bull$hit. It's time the country elects someone to office who has a firm head on their shoulders...
i think most people would consider Obama to be a moderate.

Especially around the world. Other countries consider Obama to be military hawk.

Old 09-11-2013, 02:25 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,227,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I believe some Reps have become more conservative and some have become less conservative just like some Dems have become more liberal and some less liberal. People change, the idea that the entire Rep. party has drastically shifted while Dems haven't is absurd.
Ah, those are true words.

Old 09-11-2013, 02:27 PM

577 posts, read 512,291 times
Quote:
That is my opinion, just like the link you posted is based on OPINION which is being touted as fact by someone who has a vested interest in the outcome backing up your opinion.
A political science study conducted by someone else is not my opinion. I have no vested interest other than the study of the science itself. Do you reject factual information? Here's a gallup study for you since the last one didn't do justice for you.

Special Report: Ideologically, Where Is the U.S. Moving?

Old 09-11-2013, 02:27 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,227,483 times
Quote:
You are a liberal progressive, never in a million years did you ever think that the tea party or anyone event remotely conservative would ever be able to represent you. Let's not act like you're just making up your mind about that now, your mind was made up about that before the tea party started in 2007.
Those, however, are not true words.

You still don't get that I haven't stated my personal opinion. All I have done is to state what I perceive those around me think about the Tea Party.

And no, I am not nor have I ever been a "liberal progressive." In fact, I have NEVER seen myself as completely aligned with either political orientation. On some issues, I am rather conservative, on other issues, I am more liberal. That is what makes me - are you ready? - a moderate! Who knew? It's also what makes you NOT a moderate.

EDIT: I was just trying to find posts where the liberal progressives on this board call me a right-wing conservative... That's what people do these days: You don't agree with them and they immediately label you on the opposing side - there are no gray zones and no room for compromise - it's all either/or. Sick and sad.

Last edited by Fuselage; 09-11-2013 at 02:35 PM..

Old 09-11-2013, 02:28 PM

1,980 posts, read 3,772,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
So wait a minute, are you saying that left-wingers and right-wingers don't support cap and trade?

Cap & trade is not a right v. left issue, it is anti-scam people vs. scamsters. There are big money govt. welfare coporatists in both parties looking to cash in with cap and trade.

Old 09-11-2013, 02:34 PM

1,806 posts, read 1,737,293 times
Quote:
I'm tired of this two party system bull$hit. It's time the country elects someone to office who has a firm head on their shoulders...
The people with money in this country won't let it happen. To boot, abortion alone really stops more than a two party system from existing.

Old 09-11-2013, 02:47 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
If we were to base our hopes on people like Andry and TheMoreYouKnow and 2 others like them, then you can say hello to another Democratic president in 2016. None of you have laid any convincing reason WHY anyone left of center-right should vote for YOU. You keep writing the same Paul/Fox News throwaway lines, hoping to convince us of their superiority. Then you have smarter people calling you out on the language you use, which is full of emotion and rhetoric, not much in the thought department. Nope, you haven't convinced this moderate, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
It's only extremist to those who themselves are right-wingers.
Sorry, but I definitely disagree, and I'm a moderate. But, we won't take the topic there, that'll just veer it off course

Old 09-11-2013, 02:49 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,703,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Nonsense.
What else would an opposing partisan such as yourself (despite any protestations you may post) say? If you cannot see the difference between the Clintons and, say, Tom Udall and Richard Blumenthal, then the problem is with your perception of perspective.

Quote:
Hillary Clinton is a serial liar, grossly incompetent and needs to stay out of public employment for the rest of her life.
A ridiculously over-the-top pronouncement that probably just underscores just how effective she is at promoting perspectives that you happen to hate.

Quote:
bUU, you might want to inform a few of your leftist nut job friends that they're marginalized because they don't seem to know that yet.
They already know, and they're not happy about it, but unlike rabid right-wingers, the rabid left-wingers realize that the nation is better off if people work together, i.e., working together with the moderates and the Blue Dogs, than spitting vitriol whenever they don't get their way, and trying to eat their own all the time, like the right-wingers do.

Quote:
Again, it is a united common belief, not an organized movement.
What better way to obstruct what is best for society than by hiding behind disorganization and the deception inherent in such inconsistency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctk0p7 View Post
Moderates still exist in both the Republican and Democratic parties, however the majority are in the Democratic party. Over the past two decades the GOP has taken a drastic shift to the right, while the Democrats have stayed relatively same in ideology. This shift has moved most Republican away from their former moderate ways. Here is a good link explaining the shift if anyone cares to view it.

Political Scientist: Republicans Most Conservative They've Been In 100 Years : It's All Politics : NPR
Precisely. Many Democrats are former Republicans who once were part of the GOP under the compassionate conservative banner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldous9 View Post
i think most people would consider Obama to be a moderate.
Well, at least the reasonable, objective, intelligent people.

Last edited by bUU; 09-11-2013 at 02:59 PM..

Old 09-11-2013, 02:52 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
What else would an opposing partisan such as yourself (despite any protestations you may post) say? If you cannot see the difference between the Clintons and, say, Tom Udall and Richard Blumenthal, then the problem is with your perception of perspective.

A ridiculously over-the-top pronouncement that probably just underscores just how effective she is at promoting perspectives that you happen to hate.
ONe thing I have definitely noticed ever since the Ron Paul era came to an end, people who claim themselves to be "above politics" and "above party labels" are almost certainly more to the right than the average Republican. Everyone will always fall somewhere on the political spectrum, there is no such thing as "being above labels". The Pauls claim this, but us thinkers know they are way out on right field. Who are they trying to fool?

Old 09-11-2013, 02:53 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
Describe a "moderate".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies