Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 12:34 PM

808 posts, read 662,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
they are being killed by wind mills on top of other threats - and if the amount of these stupid wind mills EVERYWHERE ( no problem with them where it is just stone and sun, though there is life there as well) is increased without taking into consideration their impact on everything ( including humans ) - they will be.

And not only them.

Old 09-12-2013, 12:36 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,375,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vox populi View Post
they are being killed by wind mills on top of other threats - and if the amount of these stupid wind mills EVERYWHERE ( no problem with them where it is just stone and sun, though there is life there as well) is increased without taking into consideration their impact on everything ( including humans ) - they will be.

And not only them.
Show me where they've gone back to be an endangered species

Old 09-12-2013, 12:39 PM

808 posts, read 662,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Show me where they've gone back to be an endangered species
Did you read the OP?

wind mills ARE killing eagles, bold eagles included.

If the industry is increased indiscriminatory - the eagles would be extinct.

Do you know basic math?

p.s. your article is from 2007 it is outdated.

Old 09-12-2013, 01:02 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,113,448 times
Quote:
oh, spare me this BS.

Cats are the same part of fauna, wind mills are not.

And I have to yet see the cat which will kill the ADULT eagle.

p.s. plus I support measures to eliminate feral cats, it is the leftards who support "green energy" who usually feed the feral kitties and won't allow anything to deal with them.
HAHAHA. Spare me YOUR BS, like I said you really don't care about the birds as obviously billions are birds are killed annually; yet you focus on the scary wind mills. It's obvious.

Old 09-12-2013, 01:05 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,113,448 times
Quote:

And not only them.
EVERYWHERE!?!?!??!! Wow I don't see any out of window here in Austin, TX..... I think the closest one to me is several hundred miles away......

Quote:
Did you read the OP?

Do you know basic math?

Nope. But I think you don't know either. Show me your work. I want your equations and work!

Old 09-12-2013, 01:08 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,375,785 times
Quote:
Did you read the OP?

Do you know basic math?

I asked you when they went back on the endangered species list, not a smart ass deflection.

Again, when did they go back on the endangered species list after their 2007 removal? I squish ants also, but they aren't on the endangered species list

Old 09-13-2013, 10:34 AM

15,446 posts, read 21,339,457 times
Just this past month they have built a new high-tension line from east to west just a half mile of my farm here in Hale County, Texas. I'm guessing it is part of the proposed local wind turbine farm. Although the species is believed to be in Hale County, I've never seen a bald eagle out here. I have seen a golden eagle though.

BTW, prior to the delisting of the bald eagle in 2007, the bald eagle was only listed as "threatened" under the Endangered Species Act (ESA). Bald eagles were officially declared an "endangered" species in 1976 three years after the ESA was first passed but, in July of 1995, the US Fish and Wildlife Service upgraded the status of bald eagles in the lower 48 states to "threatened."

Retired Fed. wildlife biologist

Old 09-13-2013, 12:49 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,771,530 times
Outdoor cats kill 100x more birds than windmills. As do pesticides, cell phone towers, high tension power lines, airplanes, and, the biggest bird murderer: YOUR WINDOWS.

Weird that no one is advocating for the elimination of all windows.

Old 09-13-2013, 01:05 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,339,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
Outdoor cats kill 100x more birds than windmills.
My two farm cats certainly killed their share of meadowlarks this past summer. Then the coyotes killed my two cats. Now I'm after the coyotes. That's just the way it works.

Old 09-13-2013, 01:07 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,821,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Study: Wind farms killed 67 eagles in 5 years

A new study by government scientists says wind energy facilities have killed at least 67 golden and bald eagles in the last five years, but the number could be much higher.

The research represents one of the first tallies of eagle deaths attributed to the nation's growing wind energy industry. A total of 85 eagles were killed at wind farms since 1997, the study concludes, but most of those occurred in 2008-2012. Most deaths — 79 — were golden eagles.

While the birds are protected by federal law, the Obama administration has yet to file criminal charges against a wind energy company for killing any eagles.

I wonder why there have been no charges... Surely the administration is always out to save the animals, right?...

More selective enforcement of the law. If this was Big Oil - it would be shut down by now. But because it's Big Wind - they will let it slide. They are good Democrats. They gave donations. Let it go.
There are no free energy lunches...unless we all go back to the caves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.