Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 05:41 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,018,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
There will be full page ads from the CEO of Starbucks in major newspapers tomorrow about "guns". I'm going to make a wild prediction that this does not work out well for them. It's usually a mistake for Corporations to become involved in controversial social issues or Great Debate issues like the 2nd amendment.

Starbucks CEO: Stop bringing guns - The Hill

They admit to a lot of political pressure from the Left, but it appears very weak-kneed if they are going to do nothing about any enforcement - is it really going to be worthwhile just to pay lip service the Left and irritate the Constitutionalists? I doubt it. This is lose/lose from a business standpoint.
Starbucks shops are private property.

You're a hypocrite if you find this to be an issue. You cannot support gun rights while stepping on somebody's rights to decide if people can bring them on their private property.

On a side note:

Clicked on the link above and a line stood out so I left a comment....

Quote:
"regardless of state laws. "
Starbucks shops are private property.
Don't be cherry picking what you support and what you don't. You either support the 2nd amendment and the rights of private property, or you support neither.

Last edited by LordSquidworth; 09-18-2013 at 06:13 PM..

Old 09-18-2013, 06:47 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,078,177 times
Starbucks CEO today 9/18
Gun carrying people not welcome as customers.
Obamacare will be good for America.
I can't go the Starbucks because I don't own a Subaru SUV or a Volvo.

Old 09-18-2013, 08:17 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Gander, Newfoundland, gave EVERYTHING away for free. Food. Water. Lodging. Medical care. Housing. Blankets. Babysitting. Dental care. Excursions. Laundry facilities. Prescriptions.
Too bad Starbucks couldn't even suck up $130 for their own citizens.
Gander thanked for Sept. 11 hospitality
Gander is one of my favorite places in the whole world. Was never there, but their response on 9/11 and the days that followed makes for a wonderful counterbalance to all the hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies