U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 08:40 PM

18,687 posts, read 14,812,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
I think Terry Jones is nuts but it looks like the Sheriff of Polk County FL had to look deep into the law books to find an excuse to make an arrest.
You don't need to be a genius or look deep into some law books to realize driving around like that is a safety hazard....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2013, 06:27 AM

2,040 posts, read 1,974,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
You don't need to be a genius or look deep into some law books to realize driving around like that is a safety hazard....
The books were INSIDE an enclosed trailer. They were following and watching him just waiting to charge him.

Hey.....I don't agree with what he wanted to do, but I'm not naive enough to say the cops weren't looking for even the most pathetic excuse to stop him.

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 09-13-2013, 06:34 AM

37,072 posts, read 38,285,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
The books were INSIDE an enclosed trailer.
And? You think that makes it safe?

Old 09-13-2013, 06:41 AM

Technically, carrying a 5 gallon gas can in my trunk to fill my lawnmower isn't safe, but hundreds of thousands of American do it all the time.

When I said inside, I implied that the cops wouldn't know that someone had kerosene soaked books in there....they only knew because they were laying in wait to nail him.

This was a trailer that is in and of itself a huge BBQ Pit. I have serious reservations about it being like a bomb ready to ignite. Besides, kerosene doesn't flash like that.

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 09-13-2013, 06:53 AM

8,399 posts, read 5,077,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Reports: Terry Jones arrested with 2,998 kerosene-soaked Korans - latimes.com This is that coward TRAITOR Obama's doing, first the NSA spying and now this blatant attack on free speech.

The Arab world is already calling out Obama as a coward and now he's trying to pander to them with this.

When Obama talked about his red line in the sand he really meant that loose thread in his panties.
Oh no another Obamaspiracy for conservatives.

conservatives continue to drift further and further away from reality.

Old 09-13-2013, 10:14 AM

7,541 posts, read 5,146,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
Technically, carrying a 5 gallon gas can in my trunk to fill my lawnmower isn't safe, but hundreds of thousands of American do it all the time.
so? it still unsafe, and illegal in many states (and not allowed on certain roads).

Old 09-13-2013, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
so? it still unsafe, and illegal in many states (and not allowed on certain roads).
Oh please!

Kerosene soaked books inside an enclosed trailer wouldn't be visible to the cops...... unless they were just waiting to nail the guy.

Kerosene doesn't even explode into flames by a spark. It's not as volatile as gasoline.

I'm in no way defending this nut case, but let's be honest....they were looking for anything to prevent him.

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 09-13-2013, 10:23 AM

24,639 posts, read 24,064,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I think you've got me confused with someone giving a tinker's damn about the burning of any book, flag or effigy.

Oh I'm sure you'd just let an opportunity pass to disarm their ability to get all hissy and kill people over anyone else burning their book.

C'mon here; you're not seriously chastising my maturity in comparison with them actually killing people over that little transgression. You're damn right I'd gloat if I was able to video them burning the things!

Catch them burning the stupid thing themselves and be able to show that to the world at large would be an invaluable tool to use to save future strife over nuts like Terry Buttshaw burning the things. Once the shock effect is removed, so too would go the desire for nutjobs like Terry to burn them. Win - win!

And yes I'd do the same for any work of fiction revered by zealots whose perceived mistreatment of those icons resulted in harm to humans, be the zealots christians, pagans or girl scouts.
When you gave them no choice.
Yeah, I am questioning your maturity on this issue.

Old 09-13-2013, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Oh no another Obamaspiracy for conservatives.

conservatives continue to drift further and further away from reality.
That's rather lame to label all conservatives that way just because one on the fringe says something dumb.

I mean....are all liberals 911 truthers?

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 09-13-2013, 11:47 AM

19,360 posts, read 13,021,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Yawn. I wasn't aware Obama was part of Florida Law Enforcement.

Oh, and this: "arrested for driving with kerosene in a barbecue grill". He was denied a permit to use the park for setting fires, and was caught driving with a flammable liquid in a grill in the back of his car.

No denial of free speech, just an idiot being arrested for doing illegal activity.
Yup. there's nothing like a car bomb with an idiot at the wheel.

We would have all been better of if the cops had just cleared the area and let Jones strike a match.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies