Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 10:03 AM

11,755 posts, read 14,644,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Reports: Terry Jones arrested with 2,998 kerosene-soaked Korans - latimes.com This is that coward TRAITOR Obama's doing, first the NSA spying and now this blatant attack on free speech.
I'm sure you would never make an accusation like this without solid evidence to back it up. For members who are not so trusting, though, perhaps you could post the evidence that is undoubtedly in your possession that proves that President Obama arranged to have Mr. Jones arrested.

Last edited by jackmccullough; 09-12-2013 at 10:03 AM.. Reason: correct typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2013, 10:15 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,456,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Now about your user name.......... it can only mean you are very much into 'The Muslim Brotherhood' can't it?

We all know Obama IS.
That was weak. Can't you do any better?

Old 09-12-2013, 10:31 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
So private citizens need a warning sign on their vehicles if they have a propane tank, gallon of kerosene, charcoal lighter fluid, etc? Get real.
The laws for the movement of those materials apply to everyone, if you're moving a gallon of kerosene it has to be in an approved container. The placarding and other regulations kick in higher quantities, for example and don't quote me on this I think the limit on propane tanks is a single 100 pound tank. Anything more than that and you'll need hazmat license, proper equipment, placarding etc.

Old 09-12-2013, 11:02 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
That was weak. Can't you do any better?
Welcome to my ignore list.

Old 09-12-2013, 11:40 AM

2,040 posts, read 2,457,746 times
This is a tough one.....

While the preacher certainly has a right to free speech and free expression, he is also causing harm (or imminent harm) to other Americans (and non-Americans).

His threats to burn Korans before have sparked riots and murder overseas already. He puts Americans overseas in danger and our troops in danger.

I'm not sure how he lives with the knowledge that people (misguided or not) have died as a result of his "show".

Why does he feel this need?

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 09-12-2013, 12:05 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I know what I'd do with them: after determining they're not needed for any prosecutorial evidence presentation, I'd waltz them on over to the nearest mosque and let them deal with the things. They'd probably burn 'em and I'd be on the other side of the fence with a long lens recording the event.
Would you do the same if it were bibbles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Very professional
Very jebus-like.

This is what you get with whackaloon religious.

Last edited by chielgirl; 09-12-2013 at 12:19 PM..

Old 09-12-2013, 12:08 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
That kind of thinking is what will get us killed and sharia law installed.

We are not dealing with an honorable enemy. People that behead, suicide bomb, poison gas attack all in the name of allah do not care Who is better, before anyone brings up Christians and has to reach back a century or 2, we are talking about NOW.
You're trying to say that you're honorable?

Oh, no, we don't.
Look at Africa and the whackaloons there.
Or the religious right in the US who kills doctors.
Not so far at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I agree, burn away. Despite what politically correct people try so hard to deny, the Koran has been a great source of evil in the world for over a millennium.
Rather like the bibble.

Old 09-12-2013, 12:10 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
You're trying to say that you're honorable?

Oh, no, we don't.
Look at Africa and the whackaloons there.
Or the religious right in the US who kills doctors.
Not so far at all.
How many doctors have been killed? 2..3 at the most?

Old 09-12-2013, 12:12 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,364 times
Quote:
Reports: Terry Jones arrested with 2,998 kerosene-soaked Korans - latimes.com This is that coward TRAITOR Obama's doing, first the NSA spying and now this blatant attack on free speech.

The Arab world is already calling out Obama as a coward and now he's trying to pander to them with this.

When Obama talked about his red line in the sand he really meant that loose thread in his panties.
It's not free speech if what he's doing overall is illegal.

He was denied a permit for kerosene and was caught using it. That's what he's being arrested for, so stop being a sensationalist.

Why would someone want to burn nearly 3,000 Kurans anyway?

Old 09-12-2013, 12:26 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,456,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Why would someone want to burn nearly 3,000 Kurans anyway?
Apparently he wanted to commemorate 9/11 by burning one Koran for each victim of the attacks.

I wonder if he realizes that 30 Muslims (not including the terrorists) also died that day? One of them was a NYPD cadet.

Next time he should only buy 2,968 Korans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies