Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2014, 07:54 PM

76 posts, read 57,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
2 - using guns against the govt. is "treason" regardless of your feeling toward the administration or the government.
If the government flagrantly violates the Constitution, is that "treason"?

Old 07-22-2014, 08:04 PM

174 posts, read 244,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
How are we tough guys?

We are just smart guys who know the best tools for the best job..

How is being a "wussy" or a "coward" to not want to be a victim of violent crime?

Please do answer..

So why should have to live in fear and stop living life to appease people like you?

Please do answer...

Innocent people should be victims and not victors?

Please do answer...
I was merely joking/throwing it back in the face of the OP who appears to think a man without a gun is not a man. I don't need to pack heat to feel secure......and I don't live in fear.

There is a real lunatic fringe/paranoia in some elements of the gun nut culture...

Old 07-22-2014, 08:35 PM

29,374 posts, read 19,465,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaking_Good View Post
Yes and Heller vs. DC was a 2008 supreme court ruling overturning 200 years of legal precedent. As former Chief Justice Warren Burger (a Nixon appointee) said in 1990 the idea that the 2nd Amendment gives an unfettered individual right to gun ownership is, "a fraud on the American public." Justice Scalia is a politician not a judge. He is following the march of the NRA and the rightward drift of the American right since the 1970's. The arguments are flimsy at best.

200 years of legal precedent? Show me the cases please....

The notion that the second amendment was an individual right is even mentioned in the Dred Scott case over 150 years ago. The Supreme Court was asked to decide whether a free black was a citizen, entitled to the full protection of the Constitution, the Bill of Rights.

Quote:
It would give to persons of the negro race . . . the right to enter every other State whenever they pleased, . . . and it would give them the full liberty of speech . . . ; to hold public meetings upon political affairs, and to keep and carry arms wherever they went.

Quote:
Nor can Congress deny to the people the right to keep and bear arms, nor the right to trial by jury, nor compel any one to be a witness against himself in a criminal proceeding....
Dred Scott, Plaintiff in Error, v. John F. A. Sandford

Sorry to break the news to you, but the Second Amendment had an individual intent.

Last edited by chicagogeorge; 07-22-2014 at 08:43 PM..

Old 07-22-2014, 08:40 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,710,906 times
Quote:
I was merely joking/throwing it back in the face of the OP who appears to think a man without a gun is not a man. I don't need to pack heat to feel secure......and I don't live in fear.

There is a real lunatic fringe/paranoia in some elements of the gun nut culture...
Great, just because you dont does not mean others dont fear real dangers every day.

Tell that toany women who has to work late, or has to work in a bad side of town,or who is dealing with a abusive ex-boyfriend now turned stalker who can bench press 400 lbs that her Glock 19 (with a 17 round mag) that it does not make her safer.

Tell that to the ranchers who live on the US/Mexico Border who have to put up with 20 to 40 people armed with fully automatic AK47 and Belt Fed PKMs. running drugs across their land, knowing the police will not come, and if they do call, they will kill them...Ask him if his AR15 with a suppress and a beta mag makes him safer.

Tell that to people People who survived the L.A Riots

Tell that to people who survived the lawlessness after a major Hurricane.

Tell that homeowner who has just realized the term "This Area is "Up and Coming"" really means hell hole and is never hearing the sounds of some thugs trying to break into his house and at best rob him, and at worse might kill and or rape his wife and kids..Tell him his Sagia 12 (with a self defense mag) does not make him safer...

So because we see reality as it is not how we want it do be, and see the dangers in this world and take actions and measures against it we are "lunatics" or "paranoia".

Tell me is it paranoia to understand and accepted that violent crime can happen anywhere, anytime, for any reason with no warning?

Is it paranoia to take actions against such actions?

Old 07-23-2014, 12:20 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,838,370 times
Quote:
Whipper, Please make a course about the 2nd Amendment and sell it via online..You can save alot of young minds for the indoctrination of the left.
lol, all the education they'll ever need is available for free, so if people can't be bothered to take the time to study the words of the great men who founded this country on their own, free of charge, I doubt they'll pay to read the words of some random dude { me } on the internet.....

Knowledge is a wonderful thing to posses. It's a shame so many people place so little value in having it, and particularly those young people who belong to mine and your generation gunlover. Most people our age are more interested in Justin brain-dead Beiber and Beyoncé rather than Alexander Hamilton, James Madison, and John Jay. I bet most people don't have a clue who those brilliant men even are.

Old 07-23-2014, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
lol, all the education they'll ever need is available for free, so if people can't be bothered to take the time to study the words of the great men who founded this country on their own, free of charge, I doubt they'll pay to read the words of some random dude { me } on the internet.....

Knowledge is a wonderful thing to posses. It's a shame so many people place so little value in having it, and particularly those young people who belong to mine and your generation gunlover. Most people our age are more interested in Justin brain-dead Beiber and Beyoncé rather than Alexander Hamilton, James Madison, and John Jay. I bet most people don't have a clue who those brilliant men even are.
You might make some coin and live some lives..Go for it..

Being 23 I know that seems the case, but many are waking up and they are rejecting this sick, diseased culture that has been forced upon us.

Old 07-23-2014, 12:30 AM

Quote:
I was merely joking/throwing it back in the face
of the OP who appears to think a man without a gun is not a man.
I don't need to pack heat to feel secure......and I don't live in
fear.
And the same is true for most of us to. I really wish people would get that. We don't carry because we're afraid or paranoid, no more than we keep a fire extinguisher because we're afraid. I put no more thought in carrying my gun { other than safety of course } than I do about carrying my keys on my belt loop. It's just something that is a part of my day. Think of it as a large, lazy, sleeping guard dog. It's just laying there doing nothing, but it's there on the off-chance we'll ever need it, and the vast majority of us genuinely hope there will never come a time when we'll have to wake fido up.
Quote:
There is a real lunatic fringe/paranoia in some elements of the gun nut
culture...
Oh, I wholeheartedly agree, but the same is true of any group. There is a real lunatic fringe to anti-gun people to. Mike Malloy, a Liberal radio show host who unveiled his plan to get open carriers shot by lying to a 911 dispatcher. Also challenged an NRA board member to come meet him somewhere so he could shoot him over his outrage of Georgia's stand-your-ground laws. Or what about the college professor who claimed that he hoped kids of NRA members would be shot in a mass shooting?

Bottom line? There are extreme fanatics belonging to every group.

Old 07-23-2014, 12:34 AM

Quote:

Being 23 I know that seems the case, but many are waking up and they are rejecting this sick, diseased culture that has been forced upon us.
One can only hope. It's true when they say young people are our future. If things don't change, you and I are going to have first row seats to the complete destruction of everything this country once stood for. I mean, the youth vote did go to man who admitted his goal was to "fundamentally transform America" in the last two elections.

My question is, what is wrong with America as it once was?

Old 07-23-2014, 12:42 AM

31,832 posts, read 14,809,134 times
[quote=WhipperSnapper 88;35769423]One can only hope. It's true when they say young people are our future. If things don't change, you and I are going to have first row seats to the complete destruction of everything this country once stood for. I mean, the youth vote did go to man who admitted his goal was to "fundamentally transform America" in the last two elections.

My question is, what is wrong with America as it once was?[/QUOTE]

It's called evolution. Technology has taken over. Like it or not, this is our future.

Old 07-23-2014, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
One can only hope. It's true when they say young people are our future. If things don't change, you and I are going to have first row seats to the complete destruction of everything this country once stood for. I mean, the youth vote did go to man who admitted his goal was to "fundamentally transform America" in the last two elections.

My question is, what is wrong with America as it once was?

The dems have lost the youth for at least 20 years..They are dealing with hope and change.

Fewer full times jobs, if any
Fewer part time jobs, in any
Fewer opportunities, if any
More illegals to compete with for the few things available
Higher cost of gasoline and engery
Higher cost of healthcare
More regulations
Less freedoms

And a massive wave of hate and resentment for being scammed out of the bright future that could have been theirs.

Pew Research Finds Democrats Losing Millennials

Nothing was wrong with it, the boomers did not teach the young what they had and its massive value..

With the net we can repair the damage they have caused, we can correct their lies, and take back the culture...

We can and are retaking the schools and with that weapon taken away the leftist scum with be cut off from fresh minds to infect...Their time is over..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies