Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 04:07 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,344,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Now is the time for GOP to score some points, and Boehner did so by saying Putins words were insulting. He took America's side in this thing. The truth is that Putin words about American Exceptionalism was an insult aimed at America as whole, not at Obama. Every right winger who embrace Putins words comes across as anti-American and as partisan as partisan gets.
Ok. However, when the leftists continually slammed Bush while he was in office and continue to do so today it's hip. It's cool. It's chich. It's free speech. It's progressive. It's certainly not anti-American.

Old 09-12-2013, 04:08 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I think you have ODS. Seek help.

Signs of ODS:

- you think Obama is competent
- you think Obama is honest
- you think Obama has done a good job as President
Can't rep you again this soon, so this will have to do. Thanks for the laugh!

Old 09-12-2013, 04:09 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Obama himself said, long ago, that American is not exceptional. How quickly they forget the apology tour.
I found it. Here's what he said:

Archived Blog: A Teachable Moment for Barack Obama
"I believe in American exceptionalism, just as I suspect that the Brits believe in British exceptionalism and the Greeks believe in Greek exceptionalism."

Old 09-12-2013, 04:10 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
I mean, think about it...

The whole world is watching the GOP attack the US president on a daily basis, even when it comes to the potential use of military force.

No wonder foreign dictators, like Putin, feel emboldened enough to try to exploit our internal divisions, by writing an editorial in our greatest newspaper CRITICISING OUR OWN PRESIDENT

And the Right Wing reacts with glee!!!

I thought you hillbillies had enough sense to rally around your president, even one you personally can't stand, when he, and the country, faces a foreign threat.

Seriously, I'm looking for another logical explanation for this shameful behavior.

I wish we would have the massive secessions that they promised...oh how I wish. I'm finding it very obnoxious to share the nation with those hillbillies you refer to. They are holding the nation back and I am resentful. We could have benefitted so much from policies that Obama brought to the table if not for the spiteful obstruction. It's like being in school and the entire class has to repeat a lesson because the numbnuts don't get it or don't care to get it. Really...Secede now...PLEASE!!!

Old 09-12-2013, 04:11 PM

2,362 posts, read 2,995,891 times
1. Obama Derangement Syndrome:

The state of paranoia in which people fear President Obama so much, they stop thinking logically and stop using common sense. Usually a direct result of watching too much Fox News.

You can beat ODS City-Data Republicans. The first step is admitting that you have a problem. You can do it!

Old 09-12-2013, 04:12 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,344,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post

I wish we would have the massive secessions that they promised...oh how I wish. I'm finding it very obnoxious to share the nation with those hillbillies you refer to. They are holding the nation back and I am resentful. We could have benefitted so much from policies that Obama brought to the table if not for the spiteful obstruction. It's like being in school and the entire class has to repeat a lesson because the numbnuts don't get it or don't care to get it. Really...Secede now...PLEASE!!!
Oh really? So which Obama policies that would have been a benefit to the nation were obstructed? Why would they have been a benefit and who controlled Congress when they were obstructed?

Old 09-12-2013, 04:14 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,265,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
I mean, think about it...

The whole world is watching the GOP attack the US president on a daily basis, even when it comes to the potential use of military force.

No wonder foreign dictators, like Putin, feel emboldened enough to try to exploit our internal divisions, by writing an editorial in our greatest newspaper CRITICISING OUR OWN PRESIDENT

And the Right Wing reacts with glee!!!

I thought you hillbillies had enough sense to rally around your president, even one you personally can't stand, when he, and the country, faces a foreign threat.

Seriously, I'm looking for another logical explanation for this shameful behavior.
I can see why you are upset ..... only imagine how upset Obama is.
The GOP is not "attacking" the President, the Left leaning press is now writing articles that you consider "attacking". I agree that's a bit of a shock - I've maintained all along that the Major Media and Press was not doing either the President or the Nation any favors by soft pedaling his errors and failures.

Nobody, including the "right" is taking any of this with a reaction of "glee" -- it's a reaction of embarrassment.

Old 09-12-2013, 04:14 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,327,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Heck the left wanted to charge President Bush with war crimes.
And now you are upset because people are criticizing President Obama ?

ROFLMAO
The left is so full of hockeypucks it's painful to watch. We have the pity-party in this thread and BDS on full display in this one...Bush the gift that keeps on giving and giving and giving and...

Somehow the theme is all the same...it's the GOP's fault. Right libs?

Old 09-12-2013, 04:16 PM

1,980 posts, read 3,771,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafferty Daniel View Post
1. Obama Derangement Syndrome:
..is believing Obama has been a competent President.

You have ODS, seek help stat!

Old 09-12-2013, 04:18 PM

1,980 posts, read 3,771,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
We could have benefitted so much from policies that Obama brought to the table if not...
...for Obama's complete incompetence.

Obama has been a massive failure with the economy, jobs, and foreign policy. Look at the #s, Obama is America's worst President. He has done massive damage to America, Americans, and many of our institutions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies