Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 03:50 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,364,890 times

Advertisements

The cops will bring out their manual on people resisting arrest and it would be a safe bet that it says protect yourself and get the suspect on the ground and cuffed. The vid will show that the arrest was text book, case closed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2013, 04:15 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
I really doubt that. City's going to pay some money on this one. And her insurance carrier gonna pay some money for the damage SHE caused.

We don't live in some third world country - YET. Let's not rush to get there.

Old 09-14-2013, 04:21 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The article is inconsistent with the video.

What would the faces of the people she might have harmed/killed looked like after she plowed tons of steel into them because she chose to dui?
So you think cops should beat the crap out of anyone who has the potential to harm others? I'm glad you're not heading up LE in my area.

Old 09-14-2013, 04:23 PM

Quote:
I hope the owners of the house she plowed into take her to court.
And I hope her husband or boyfriend hunts down these rogue cops and smashes their faces on the street.

Old 09-14-2013, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
The cops will bring out their manual on people resisting arrest and it would be a safe bet that it says protect yourself and get the suspect on the ground and cuffed. The vid will show that the arrest was text book, case closed.
Then we need to change the textbook.

Old 09-14-2013, 04:45 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Quite a few years ago a lady that lived up the street from us called and asked my wife if my son (then in the 2nd grade) was O.K. She asked her why he wouldn't be? Her son had told her that the bus driver had smacked him. He didn't tell us probably for the same reason I wouldn't have told my parents. I would have then been in trouble with them also. Anyway, he does tell us he was smacked. The school system had recently put recorders in the buses so I of course wanted to know what happened. If my son was acting up on the bus I would have apologized to the bus driver. Don't lie to me or talk nasty to my wife though.

I go to the bus garage that next morning. The driver and garage supervisor is walking across the building with a tape in their hands. I asked if I could talk to them. The bus driver told me that my son had indeed been unruly and he has had to ask him many times to sit down but that he had never hit him. That made me mad because I believed he was lying. I explained how I was fine if he had smacked him for being unruly but do not lie to me about it. My son nor the other kid had any reason to lie here. I asked to see the tape. I believe the supervisor then lied to me when he told me that this tape wasn't the one from his bus, that the recorder on his bus wasn't working yesterday. I asked him to show me the tape to verify that. He said I wasn't allowed to see the tape. (I admit that legally I might not have been able to, but I would have shown a parent 1-2 minutes to show them I was telling the truth). I told him I didn't believe him and he would hear from me.

I left there and went to the school board office. There I was told that they have never had a problem with that driver but they would investigate.......days go by and we hear nothing. My wife calls and she gets told to not call back again that they are investigating and they would get back to us. Once again, pissed me off.

Off to the school board meeting. I first talk to the School superintendent who tells me that he would look into it. I'm not satisfied. I got the attention of the lone female board member and told her the story. She gets the super and tells him that he knew that they had passed a resolution that anytime violence is accused they would turn it over to an outside investigation. He reluctantly agreed.

To make this long story shorter I never do hear from the school system but I read in the news that the bus driver was arrested for child molestation. It seems the investigation turned up that he was molesting both of his own kids.
Geeze..............

I know the feeling. A bus driver is another public servant. I have a case with one on going at the moment too and the papers work i was told that would be returned 90 days ago still isn't here.

I used to have a living history dog and pony show by paper contract, and that was so i wouldn't get shot on some school's steps. I made the contract and at first it stated the super had to call the cops and say I would be attending the school and what for on day xxx xx xxxx AND the cops were supoposed to call me back when they had notice.

Well the cops are never going to call you back i found So I changed the contract to state the super would call me back with which cop he talked to so i could call that one.

This system is all based on who can escape what duty and have no accountablility except to prey upon the We the people for fees, fines and revenue.

With all this getting thrown under the Bus going around a kids getting beach slapped by bus drivers we may have to ban buses and bus drivers eh

I like how city hall thinks it holds all the cards and yet will never show their hand don't you?

In Rochester NY where i made the mistake to paint my wife's mother house years ago, thinking she was a little old lady and how big could her house be anyway ......... it was a Kodak 3 decker OMG was that place big for one guy and high. not to mention the ft porch needed rebuilt and there were balconies every where too! Ugg.......

One day the school bus stops right there. I hear a war going on in the bus and the driver stopped just because he couldn't drive with a war going on.

I had a estwing framing hammer in my hand as i had been working on that deck and had jacked the ceiling roof up off that deck just then.

The driver let me board the bus and i yelled STF UP and SIT DOWN. The driver asked if i might stay till 'security' came. I did and those guys thought i was the problem.... at first. They didn't like that estwing hammer a bit but neither did the kids. I think that city sucks just like i think ALL cites suck.

As to cops they don't add up either. That Lt Da cop doing time isn't going to like 'any words' I have to say. I don't use words like he used on any woman, and he is going to wish dearly he didn't on mine.

I kind of like the new Police State.. This is going to be great fun....

Remember you are innocent even after getting arrested until proven guilty. I have been arrested dozens of times but never convicted once.

Old 09-14-2013, 04:58 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,282,243 times
I read about this case several days ago.

Here is the Tallahassee Democrat's article about it.

All of the charges except DUI have been dropped. The two officers involved in the actual brutality have been put on administrative leave while it's investigated.

Quote:
(from City Commissioner Maddox)
“The video was taken from the police car and shows the road-side sobriety test as well as the arrest of the subject,” Maddox wrote. “It also shows DISTURBING use of force against a completely non-aggressive arrestee. It is my belief that the city of Tallahassee will soon face a substantial liability lawsuit based on the content of the video.”
She had a broken orbital bone (around the eye socket), plus cuts and bruises. I'll bet she had quite a bruise from a 200 pound officer kneeling on her leg. TPD crash report said no injuries from the MVA, so those injuries had to have been from police "placing" her on the ground.

During the part where she was focusing on the car seat, the officer could have easily mollified her by saying "we'll take care of it, don't worry", but instead kept talking over her and flat out told her "I don't care". That wasn't necessary or helpful to anyone, and didn't make his job any easier.

Last edited by Emeraldmaiden; 09-14-2013 at 04:59 PM.. Reason: type and formatting

Old 09-14-2013, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
For the men on here, how many of you would get a kick out of beating up someone handcuffed? Let alone a woman?

Or jumping someone when there's a whole gang of people on your side.

Some of these Police these days are cowards and have the wrong personality type for the job.
I have never hit anyone that couldn't possibly fight back. So far in life the only female i ever hit kicked me first. That was in Boston U in 1971, and my crime was for holding a door. For that the little femanazi kicked my shin, and for that I poked her in the nose, which stopped her dead, and she sat on the floor in the doorway and balled ruining her eye make up

I left her there crying and told her 'Honey yer equal now' The punch wasn't anything like has it been a guy.

The last time i hit a guy in a 1 to 1 fight he hit me and I hit him back harder and he just passed out. Dad told me that in a street fight you have to end it in 2 seconds or less. You paste the other guy so hard he passes out or quits. The whole point is to stop the fight.

These weakling woman beater cops get puffed up from beating on some other guys wife when they don't have time to beat on their own.

I have never jumped on a guy when others like me have been around but I have been jumped in this way myself by others three times.

I am out spoken, not violent. if that drunk woman were my wife I would avenge her. First i would sue the force hard next i would demand the 2 cops head (jobs) then I would hunt each one down on the side for pay back time.

That could take so long as pleases me. In the past i did that once. A cop that chained me to a city garage railing on cement steps so he could beat me with his baton for the crime of long hair in the later 60's, came to a place years later near where i worked.

I saw him and remarked to the eatery owners i thought i knew who he was. Their reply confirmed who he was, and added he was dying of advanced diabetes.

So I ordered up 2 really nice blueberry muffins loaded with extra real butter and a black coffee with 6 table spoons of nice white sugar.

I sat that on the cops table tops and demanded he eat and drink it. He did.........

Old 09-14-2013, 05:06 PM

Quote:
I hope the owners of the house she plowed into take her to court.
2 wrongs don't make right. I am sure that drunk woman will face a lot of criminal pay back for her offence(s), but cops are not the LAW nor are they to be brutal enforcing the law.

If the cops are going to be brutal then We the people should be as brutal back..

There was no way that woman drunk could fight 2 big cops. There is no way sober that woman could have fought off one of those 2 big cops.

I know you ladies want to think you are all ever so equal in all things but you are not and you are not going to fight off 2 big cops on your best day. There is little to no difference between crooks and cops these days.

A few years ago a new young cop got all busted up here in NH for taking on a drunk Boston city chief of police. The first thing the young officer did wrong was place his hands inside the City cops car and got the window rolled up on his arm. Then the drunk city cop drove the car and dragged the younger officer a while, Then the city cop stopped and let the window down got out and beat the tar out of the younger one and drove away...
NH Staties got the Boston Cop weeks later.

Old 09-14-2013, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Well if that is the new std to be arrested by you can bank on I will fight back so hard the cops will be hurt bad and end up in their own cuffs to boot, not to mention I will add so many new guns to my collection.

I have been arrested a dozen or more times since the Boston protested for Nam, and never been abused that bad except once and that was long hair.

You can legally KILL a cop if he uses lethal force on you. Habeas Corpus is still the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies