Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 02:58 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I have read the accusers side of the story, but that is only one side. I will reserve judgement until both sides are heard.
From what I have read he was transferred, but not demoted. And the transfer was already in the works when this incident happened.
I was working from memory, and had read the story after a busy day yesterday. i wasn't expecting to have to quote it from memory then. I canned the email it came from yesterday too. But was able to google a search and find it today for you.

I got some parts wrong from memory.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/...on-christians/

The one side of the story is likely to be the only side of 'that' story.

There is no equality when it comes to superior officers..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2013, 03:00 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,335,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
We conserves better get the terms right...
First thing people who claim to be conservative should "get right" is that conservativism is dead in this nation. Dead as Dillinger. The Repub Party abandoned all conservative principles back around the Fall of Saigon.

What we have now are social conservatives/neocon moral watchdogs.

Only a myopic, hypocritical partisan hack imbecile would fail to realize or acknowledge that the Repubs have time and time and time again proven themselves every single bit as wasteful, incompetent and irresponsible with money and resources as the Dems and every single bit as invasive and intrusive into the lives of private citizens as the Dems.

This is why no reasonable person should ever vote for any Dem or Repub for any national office ever.

And that's leaving aside the fact that high-level politicians from BOTH sides of the aisle are bought, sold and owned by special interests.

Anyone who thinks one party is preferable to the other is too moronic to vote.

Quote:
With same sex marriage what it IS now there is going to be 0 tolerance for straights and discrimination rules and laws against straights. So much for tolerance.
This, of course, is nothing but more hypocritical, baseless partisan hack idiocy. What utter hateful, paranoiac nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
The vast majority of people who want to pass laws regulating speech, conduct, and personal habits are on the Left.
More utterly blind hypocritical nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Both Camps have those within them that want to control your life, they just disagree on what should be controlled.
Bingo. Neither side is any better than the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
The comments you made about those wanting to pass laws on personal habits, this is done considerably by the right...
Yes. Yes it is, constantly. Just as much as it is by those on the left. Again, they both suck.

Old 09-14-2013, 03:05 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Then these are not Liberals.... Liberals are liberty base people where Liberty is everything. A live and let live type of mind set. No rules and make no rules for other people.

Those who make claim to being proggy libs are neither.
This is not the 1700s where liberals were promoting liberty and individual rights. The liberal or progressives of the modern age change their description every few decades, to keep people off balance, The liberal progressives of today want a progressively more powerful central government, and an elimination of federalism and some fascist form of government run capitalism.

Old 09-14-2013, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
This is not the 1700s where liberals were promoting liberty and individual rights. The liberal or progressives of the modern age change their description every few decades, to keep people off balance, The liberal progressives of today want a progressively more powerful central government, and an elimination of federalism and some fascist form of government run capitalism.
While this is pretty simplistic and overblown, I'd just point out that the Republicans today are also unrecognizable from the Republicans of the past, even the ones from the 1950s and early 60s.

Old 09-14-2013, 03:08 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
I was working from memory, and had read the story after a busy day yesterday. i wasn't expecting to have to quote it from memory then. I canned the email it came from yesterday too. But was able to google a search and find it today for you.

I got some parts wrong from memory.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/...on-christians/

The one side of the story is likely to be the only side of 'that' story.

There is no equality when it comes to superior officers..
AF sgt. claims he was fired for religious views on gays | Military Times | militarytimes.com

Try a little less biased site.

Old 09-14-2013, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
First thing people who claim to be conservative should "get right" is that conservativism is dead in this nation. Dead as Dillinger. The Repub Party abandoned all conservative principles back around the Fall of Saigon.

What we have now are social conservatives/neocon moral watchdogs.

Only a myopic, hypocritical partisan hack imbecile would fail to realize or acknowledge that the Repubs have time and time and time again proven themselves every single bit as wasteful, incompetent and irresponsible with money and resources as the Dems and every single bit as invasive and intrusive into the lives of private citizens as the Dems.

This is why no reasonable person should ever vote for any Dem or Repub for any national office ever.

And that's leaving aside the fact that high-level politicians from BOTH sides of the aisle are bought, sold and owned by special interests.

Anyone who thinks one party is preferable to the other is too moronic to vote.
You are almost there. The Republican and Democratic Parties are just one in the same, the Washington Establishment Party.

When the dust settles after election day, all that changes is who gets the Speaker of the House, and who gets to head the committees. All an election does is transfer temporary control of all that power, to one side or the other. Everything they do just empowers the establishment.

Old 09-14-2013, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
While this is pretty simplistic and overblown, I'd just point out that the Republicans today are also unrecognizable from the Republicans of the past, even the ones from the 1950s and early 60s.
The current fools are just no skilled enough to hide the truth. If both sides are starting to look the same, it's because on 95% of the issues, they are the same. It's why both sides hate a TEA party, they are a threat, because they are not loyal partisans for either party.

Old 09-14-2013, 04:07 PM

15,092 posts, read 8,634,588 times
Quote:
Nope.... Like i said there is non such thing as a progressive liberal....

Liberals are people who like Freedom and Liberty... they are not whiny little gun grabbers. There is nothing progressive or Liberal about whiny little gun grabbers.

People who think it is up to them to make RULES are not Liberals. people who think they can go occupy a place for a political point are not Liberals.

Liberals will not get in the way of good things, and guns are good things they keep the federal govt in it's place.

Lib won't care if you get drunk smoke, smoke the weed or *********r dog.... They just live and let live and are nothing like the proggy *******s who think they can beg and whine all day and be given everything and still make the rules.

These are more like PC sheep that whine. They are like lemmings and will all jump off the same cliff into the sea on command.. That ain't liberal.
Insist all you want ... but the moon is not made of cream cheese. Now, if you could stick your rear end into a time machine and travel back to the days of Thomas Jefferson, your definition of liberal would hold water. Alas, that was a long time ago, and things have changed radically, hence, your insistence on this fantasy world where liberalism = liberty ceased to exist before you were even born.

Every last word of the OP's post is dead on correct and undeniable. In fact, if Thomas Jefferson (true classic liberal) were alive today, even the moderate liberal on the left would label him a "right wing nut job"!! That's just how twisted people's minds have been bended by all of the Orwellian double talk and "reinvention" of the English language, which is obviously an affliction that has you well in it's grasp.

I'll go you one further ..... most of the criminals claiming to be right wing conservatives are just as much leftist authoritarians as are the democrats, and the sheep that follow them just as deluded as the left wing loons that are convinced that government not only needs to, but MUST regulate every aspect of your behavior, 24/7.

If your definition of liberal were even "slightly" true ... they wouldn't be clamoring ENDLESSLY about gay marriage, insisting that the government step in, create new laws to bless their unions .... they'd be demanding that government stay the frack out of it entirely ... realizing that only in an authoritarian left wing nightmare does a citizen require the blessings of the elite bureaucracy to cohabitant with whom they choose ... or gain permission to throw a fishing line into a damned lake.

Old 09-14-2013, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
You are almost there. The Republican and Democratic Parties are just one in the same, the Washington Establishment Party.
Couldn't agree more. Maybe I didn't state it well enough or eloquently enough, but my point has always been the parties are the same, the parties are irrelevant, at least when it comes to the two major parties.

Old 09-14-2013, 05:37 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,323,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smash255 View Post
fma......, which is something the vast maority of republicans in the house and senate voted in favor of, most of the gop nominees for president in 2008 and 2012 were in favor of, what the former republican president was in favor of. Similar amendments to state constitutions.
fma?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies