Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 12:07 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,846,995 times

Advertisements

Or not...

Why Has It Been So Long Since a Major Hurricane Hit the US?

Strange since global warming was suppose to increase the hurricane numbers and strength... I guess global warming went on vacation on Jupiter...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2013, 12:19 PM

816 posts, read 1,946,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Strange since global warming was suppose to increase the hurricane numbers and strength... I guess global warming went on vacation on Jupiter...
I remember Bill Nye said somewhere on T.V. years ago that there would be more hurricanes than ever. Man, I remember not to trust the U.S. Government and the mainstream media like most Liberals do.

Old 09-13-2013, 12:24 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,166,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Or not...

Why Has It Been So Long Since a Major Hurricane Hit the US?

You mean like Hurricane Sandy that occurred less than a year ago?

Old 09-13-2013, 12:25 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,824,867 times
you are forgetting that the global warming alarmists have made radical claims over the years, things like;

more hurricanes
less hurricanes
more high powered hurricanes but fewer overall
more ice in the ice caps
less ice int he ice caps
more snowfall
less snowfall
more rain
less rain
more intense weather
less intense weather
more sea level rise
less sea level rise

apparently it all depends on who is president at the time. if a republican, then all the bad things happen, if a democrat then all the good things happen.

but in the end it doesnt matter because it is all reagans or bushs fault anyway.

Old 09-13-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Just one? Any others?

Old 09-13-2013, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by An0nym0us88 View Post
Just one? Any others?
I guess you didn't read the cute title of that article? I'm thinking the people who dealt w/Hurricane Sandy & the aftermath considered it a major hurricane. But whatever, let's just take any opportunity to scoff about climate change, hey?

Old 09-13-2013, 12:31 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,824,867 times
Quote:
I guess you didn't read the cute title of that article? I'm thinking the people who dealt w/Hurricane Sandy & the aftermath considered it a major hurricane. But whatever, let's just take any opportunity to scoff about climate change, hey?
actually the point was that there was supposed to be an INCREASE in the number of storms like sandy and katrina, yet it hasnt happened.

Old 09-13-2013, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
actually the point was that there was supposed to be an INCREASE in the number of storms like sandy and katrina, yet it hasnt happened.
You beat me to it. Thank you.

Even though, Northnut criticizes me that I didn't read the cute title of the article. Made me laugh actually.

Old 09-13-2013, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
Mmmm, ok. Interesting, hoping for more natural disasters.

Old 09-13-2013, 12:35 PM

20,457 posts, read 12,375,634 times
Quote:
you mean the Extra Tropical Storm FORMERLY known as Hurricane Sandy?

Sorry Sandy was not a major Hurricane. It was not even a hurricane.

Hat Sandy hit where Katrina or Rita hit, the damage would have been far less.

Sandy's damage was because of the LOCATION it hit. Ultra high population in low lying areas of the coast are going to have more $$$$ damage than areas with less population density.

Sandy was neither a major storm, nor was it unprecedented
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies