Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 07:56 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
LOL!

I asked, because, really, I'd like to know.

Is he one of the paid activists who trolls social media to write absurd "Obama is a fantastic president" garbage type posts? I know they exist. I've met them online.
is that right? hell i could do that! Where do i sign up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2013, 07:57 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,968,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen811 View Post
yes isn't it dumb?
increased productivity = even higher taxes...how stupid.
sigh.

I would rather say to tax un-productivity instead to encourage people to work harder.

such as leave property such as apartments unfilled for extended periods of time.
either use it or lose it instead of remaining idle not doing anything with it.

this will force them to produce some way some how
Ahhh, but you have to lead them to water, not throw the water in their face.

Every one of these ideas needs to have the author explain it to you, and answer your questions about how it works. And, if they're honest, you'll lead them right to the point where they repudiate them. And, they might even learn how to evaluate the validity of ideas, and you just got a future libertarian/conservative/constituionalist.

Old 09-14-2013, 07:58 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
He's a complete moron. I just ignore him now.
You are aware you have a dunce box for guys like this. Unless someone quotes them you never see them again... can't rep you again for a while.. people earn my reps. But I;ld like to for this post too.

Old 09-14-2013, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
is that right? hell i could do that! Where do i sign up?
Check out Craigslist.

The people who do this are generally not directly hired to do it. Here, let me find a few...

★PROTECT AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL! JOIN OUR CAMPAIGN, SPEAK FOR THE TREES

Multiple positions open on social justice-oriented field campaign

That city site was pretty thin, but this is the "off season".

The ads look a LOT like this, but are pretty non-specific.

They get you involved in some grant-funded activist position, and then those who show promise may get offered "social media coordinator" positions.

Never forget that though the names change, the specific "causes" change, the focus and the goals and the people actually driving them are deeply overlapping.

And, then, there's a few who are just zealots with blind love for the party.

Old 09-14-2013, 08:04 PM

1,013 posts, read 910,009 times
Quote:
Ahhh, but you have to lead them to water, not throw the water in their face.

Every one of these ideas needs to have the author explain it to you, and answer your questions about how it works. And, if they're honest, you'll lead them right to the point where they repudiate them. And, they might even learn how to evaluate the validity of ideas, and you just got a future libertarian/conservative/constituionalist.

thanks.

Sigh. if only people will realize what a real economy is or what real money is.
I am not saying it even has to be gold/silver but it has to be honest.

Money is worthless unless you can it trade for something.
But I am largely frustrated at both sides. Many don't even understand common sense anymore.

if they really must give welfare I agree that giving to everyone equally would be more fair than giving 1 person everything.

like playing monopoly.

every time you pass go you get 200 dollars.

what happens if you increase it to everyone whom passes go you get 5000 dollars if you have 10000 dollars
and you get 500 dollars if you have less than 100 dollars.
but if you have over 100 dollars you get the usual 200 bucks

that is the same thing

either everyone gets 500 dollars when they pass go or don't do it.
as it makes the game unfair on all accounts.

so cut all subsidies to all business + cut all welfare of everything else before they do this
at least much of the bureaucracy would be gone but it will still increase prices a bit more fair at least than the previous way of doing things

they are printing at 0% anyway we may as well go japan style and be done with it except give them to the people. since it is our money not theirs.
Our days are numbered with what has been done.

Old 09-14-2013, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen811 View Post

thanks.

Sigh. if only people will realize what a real economy is or what real money is.
I am not saying it even has to be gold/silver but it has to be honest.

Money is worthless unless you can it trade for something.
But I am largely frustrated at both sides. Many don't even understand common sense anymore.

if they really must give welfare I agree that giving to everyone equally would be more fair than giving 1 person everything.

like playing monopoly.

every time you pass go you get 200 dollars.

what happens if you increase it to everyone whom passes go you get 500 dollars if you have 10000 dollars
and you get 500 dollars if you have less than 100 dollars.

that is the same thing

either everyone gets 500 dollars when they pass go or don't do it.
as it makes the game unfair on all accounts.
Every time I read these arguments, I get reminded why truth isn't sexy.

Screaming you care about the whales, or global warming, or bullying, or free condoms or whatever can be - or at least is to a certain segment of the population.

The truth that everyone needs to do something productive, to actually WORK, so that everything gets done and everything gets made is absolutely irrefutable. The Soviets "employed" everyone. Or, nearly so. Dissidents need not apply for work. Yet, the waiting list for basic necessities was generally very long.

Why? Nobody had any incentive to work.

Old 09-14-2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Check out Craigslist.

The people who do this are generally not directly hired to do it. Here, let me find a few...

★PROTECT AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL! JOIN OUR CAMPAIGN, SPEAK FOR THE TREES

Multiple positions open on social justice-oriented field campaign

That city site was pretty thin, but this is the "off season".

The ads look a LOT like this, but are pretty non-specific.

They get you involved in some grant-funded activist position, and then those who show promise may get offered "social media coordinator" positions.

Never forget that though the names change, the specific "causes" change, the focus and the goals and the people actually driving them are deeply overlapping.

And, then, there's a few who are just zealots with blind love for the party.
one thing to grassroots for green energy.

the best way to make green energy adopted is by giving a better cost benefit and lowering the cost of it in general.

the problem with clean energy is that they are too expensive.
and even clean energy has their own problems
windmills may kill animals as well besides coal polluting the air

if they were smart they would devise tech to convert the polluted air into clean energy more easily or other breakthroughs.

for bullying: it is hard to do so.
people are generally prejudice and bully others for the sake of themselves being able to fit in.
like the USA government.
they need to bully others to remain at the top so we think.
so they are merely learning from our own government and other adults.
So one thing is to get adults to set an example government included to stop bullying people.

Old 09-14-2013, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Every time I read these arguments, I get reminded why truth isn't sexy.

Screaming you care about the whales, or global warming, or bullying, or free condoms or whatever can be - or at least is to a certain segment of the population.

The truth that everyone needs to do something productive, to actually WORK, so that everything gets done and everything gets made is absolutely irrefutable. The Soviets "employed" everyone. Or, nearly so. Dissidents need not apply for work. Yet, the waiting list for basic necessities was generally very long.

Why? Nobody had any incentive to work.
that is correct.
it just wont work except increase costs.

right now welfare queens from the top end getting subsidies and the low end getting welfare are leeching us dry.

Old 09-14-2013, 09:44 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,578,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
You are aware you have a dunce box for guys like this. Unless someone quotes them you never see them again... can't rep you again for a while.. people earn my reps. But I;ld like to for this post too.
Yeh i really should make use of it on him.
I can't "rep" you anymore either. lol

Old 09-14-2013, 10:05 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And where do you propose this money comes from ?

Obama Money - Where Did it Come From? - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies