Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 09:20 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,955,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
Oh don't. Don't you dare.

Would you say that to your child if they developed a chronic condition? If your loved one contracted HIV? Developed cancer? Multiple Sclerosis?

We all share this society. And just as you may be the one to become chronically sick, I would be happy to pay extra in taxes to fund your care. It benefits all of us if we live in a healthier society.
I'm fullly aware of the benefits of healthy people.

None of this changes the fact that you're demanding someone else's work be forcibly taken from them for what you want. And, that you refuse to admit, claiming you're justified because of some trite soundbite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2013, 09:36 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,319,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
I'm fullly aware of the benefits of healthy people.

None of this changes the fact that you're demanding someone else's work be forcibly taken from them for what you want. And, that you refuse to admit, claiming you're justified because of some trite soundbite.
That you call that "trite soundbite" is only testament to how inhumane you are.

I very well may pay more into this system than I take out (my pre-existing condition isn't that expensive, but it does require at least two inspections per year to keep in check. Without insurance the tests run about $1000 a piece). This year, my health insurance noted my first inspection and fought me tooth and nail over paying for it.

That is the point of expanding the risk across a larger pool. Some days, you may contribute more and receive less. Some days you may contribute less and receive more. This is not a 'someone takes everything' type of game. Unless you truly are chronically sick. In that case, my bleeding heart tells me that society should front to bill to help them with their medical needs. If you don't like that then, well, tough s**t!

Old 09-14-2013, 09:39 PM

Quote:

I very well may pay more into this system than I take out (my pre-existing condition isn't that expensive, but it does require at least two inspections per year to keep in check. Without insurance the tests run about $1000 a piece). This year, my health insurance noted my first inspection and fought me tooth and nail over paying for it.

That is the point of expanding the risk across a larger pool. Some days, you may contribute more and receive less. Some days you may contribute less and receive more. This is not a 'someone takes everything' type of game. Unless you truly are chronically sick. In that case, my bleeding heart tells me that society should front to bill to help them with their medical needs. If you don't like that then, well, tough s**t!
I'm not "inhumane" at all.

I'm just honest. Bluntly so.

Again, you want someone to pick pockets for you and subsidize your wants. And you justify it by attacking me as immoral.

What's "moral" in the slightest about an entitlement to take someone else's earnings?

Old 09-14-2013, 09:43 PM

14,249 posts, read 17,885,317 times
Quote:

All of us get sick sooner or later. What insurance companies have done - very cleverly - is to shift the greatest risk, the elderly, onto the taxpayer. We pay so that they can make money. And our free market friend won't get a choice (and is probably secretly happy about it). When he/she is 65, he gets to have health care on the taxpayer's nickel.

Old 09-14-2013, 09:44 PM

Quote:
I'm not "inhumane" at all.

I'm just honest. Bluntly so.

Again, you want someone to pick pockets for you and subsidize your wants. And you justify it by attacking me as immoral.

What's "moral" in the slightest about an entitlement to take someone else's earnings?
No no no. You are inhumane. Lets get the word right. Blunt does not describe your words at all.

And it is 'moral' because, again, we share this society. And there is a benefit to everyone in it being healthy, just as their is a benefit for us to not starve (this is why we have food stamps)

So lets discuss your inhumanity.

What do you think those with chronic health conditions and no insurance should do? Defend yourself here. It is you who is inhumane.

Old 09-14-2013, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
All of us get sick sooner or later. What insurance companies have done - very cleverly - is to shift the greatest risk, the elderly, onto the taxpayer. We pay so that they can make money. And our free market friend won't get a choice (and is probably secretly happy about it). When he/she is 65, he gets to have health care on the taxpayer's nickel.
This is completely untrue.

Old 09-14-2013, 09:47 PM

Quote:
No no no. You are inhumane. Lets get the word right. Blunt does not describe your words at all.

And it is 'moral' because, again, we share this society. And there is a benefit to everyone in it being healthy, just as their is a benefit for us to not starve (this is why we have food stamps)

So lets discuss your inhumanity.

What do you think those with chronic health conditions and no insurance should do? Defend yourself here. It is you who is inhumane.
Wait, "humanity" is defined as YOU being able to pick my pockets freely?

But the hardship that causes me is irrelevant, as long as it's for the specific wants you have blessed with an aura of morality?

Old 09-14-2013, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Wait, "humanity" is defined as YOU being able to pick my pockets freely?

But the hardship that causes me is irrelevant, as long as it's for the specific wants you have blessed with an aura of morality?
This is not pocket picking. You are also at benefit for this change. It is not something given to others and denied to you.

And you dodged my question. You should give your answer as to what you think the chronically sick and uninsured should do.

Old 09-14-2013, 09:51 PM

Quote:
This is not pocket picking. You are also at benefit for this change. It is not something given to others and denied to you.

And you dodged my question. You should give your answer as to what you think the chronically sick and uninsured should do.
How am I "benefited" by you picking my pocket?

Old 09-14-2013, 09:53 PM

Quote:
How am I "benefited" by you picking my pocket?
Should you become chronically sick you will now not be denied insurance coverage because of pre-existing conditions.

How much does this need to be spelled out for you? You were the one who said that I had the small brain a few posts back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies