Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 02:53 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,929,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawena View Post
I do believe Putin when he says....

"In line with international law, only the UN Security Council could sanction the use of force against a sovereign state. Any other pretext or method, which might be used to justify the use of force against an independent sovereign state, is inadmissible and can only be interpreted as an aggression."
Notice you don't see Syria in there anywhere.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...curity_Council
quote:
There are 15 members of the Security Council. This includes five veto-wielding permanent members—China, France, Russia, the United Kingdom, and the United States—based on the great powers that were the victors of World War II
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2013, 07:32 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
You cannot trust Kerry or any of the Libstinkers....same thing with the Phonycons.

I stand with President Putin!

Old 09-15-2013, 07:36 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
No, Kerry knows liars.. You can't trust Putin. (or Kerry for that matter) You also can't trust any of those on your list. Fact is, if it's a politician you can't trust it. It will lie to you. Doesn't matter if there is a D or an R behind their name. If their lips are moving, they are lying.
Now that IS the truth......

Old 09-15-2013, 09:46 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
No, Kerry knows liars.. You can't trust Putin. (or Kerry for that matter) You also can't trust any of those on your list. Fact is, if it's a politician you can't trust it. It will lie to you. Doesn't matter if there is a D or an R behind their name. If their lips are moving, they are lying.
You forgot to address the Ex part in that post.....

Old 09-15-2013, 10:36 PM

1,729 posts, read 1,536,198 times
yes, but wouldn't this also apply??

"Members of the United Nations which have or assume responsibilities for the administration of territories whose peoples have not yet attained a full measure of self-government recognize the principle that the interests of the inhabitants of these territories are paramount, and accept as a sacred trust the obligation to promote to the utmost, within the system of international peace and security established by the present Charter, the well-being of the inhabitants of these territories, and, to this end:

a. to ensure, with due respect for the culture of the peoples concerned, their political, economic, social, and educational advancement, their just treatment, and their protection against abuses;

b. to develop self-government, to take due account of the political aspirations of the peoples, and to assist them in the progressive development of their free political institutions, according to the particular circumstances of each territory and its peoples and their varying stages of advancement...;

e. to transmit regularly to the Secretary-General for information purposes, subject to such limitation as security and constitutional considerations may require, statistical and other information of a technical nature relating to economic, social and educational conditions in the territories for which they are respectively responsible other than those territories to which Chapters XII and XIII apply

Hawai'i and the United Nations | Cultural Survival

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Notice you don't see Syria in there anywhere.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...curity_Council
quote:
There are 15 members of the Security Council. This includes five veto-wielding permanent members—China, France, Russia, the United Kingdom, and the United States—based on the great powers that were the victors of World War II

Old 09-16-2013, 12:42 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
This whole "deal" has to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. Here we have a brutal dictator who has done billions in weapons business with Russia, amassing one of the world's largest arsenals of chemical weapons, which he now uses to slaughter the nation's civilians into fearful submission. He has lied and deceived the international community at every turn, and his Russian friends have done all they can to obstruct any effort to stop this guy from torturing and butchering tens of thousands of Syrians.

And now we're supposed to believe that they've suddenly had a change of heart and will renounce his weapons and work with the international community to locate and get rid of their weapons? In the middle of a civil war?

What planet do some people live on to think this is feasible?

Old 09-16-2013, 12:50 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Lets get it out of the way, and say Politicians period and Governments. I would like to beleive what i am being told by politicians, but use to the fact, they lie their butts off to us.

As far as Kerry, not sure on the fence, Obama, don't get me started, or where do i begin? Putin, i don't trust him at all, make a deal with the devil, biggest mistake of your life. I don't trust his motives with sincerity.

Good List, sad but so true, and most likely much much more.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:32 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Quote:
Until it's time to be re-elected!!! Then all of a sudden they know, with complete clarity, what the people want!

Isn't that something?

(yes, as someone pointed out, even then they are still lying)
That was my point. When it's time to be re-elected they know what's right, yet do a 180° after being re-elected. Not only are they baiting for votes, but they have no intention of keeping their promises. That is called having no conscience.

Last edited by steven_h; 09-16-2013 at 01:53 AM..

Old 09-16-2013, 04:26 AM

400 posts, read 749,787 times
Just my opinion on what I see in these faces.

No deception. He's not fooling around and not lying about it.

Very deceptive. He's trying to fool everyone.

Old 09-16-2013, 09:20 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,171,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
You cannot trust Kerry or any of the Libstinkers....same thing with the Phonycons.

I stand with President Putin!

If we had a president, he would look and sound like Putin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies