Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2013, 05:02 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,040,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Please just stop right now. Your clearly showing your having thought critically about the issue. Let's stop pointing fingers at races.

An unarmed man was gunned down and your still trying to point the finger at the black race. Pitiful.
I didn't say Ferrell was at fault. Just saying that considering it was late night and he was black that maybe he could've been more careful and consider his actions more to prevent something happening to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post

You don't mistreat all people of the same race just because of few of them are criminals. You do know that right? As a public servant cops should also be aware of this and not let their biases get in the way of performing their duties.

If took decades of bad behavior? What? Like I said cops have been mistreating black people since the beginning regardless of "our" preconceived behavior.

It's still amazing that people still blame black people for the historically poor behavior and of law enforcement.
Its MORE than a few when blacks have the highest crime and murder rates in the US. Its MORE than just a few when 17 black people are murdered in the US each day compared to about 16 whites that are murdered daily where they have OVER 5 TIMES THE POPULATION that blacks do.

Asians are the group where I truly consider the amount of criminals they have among them 'are just a few'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I don't mean this with any disrespect, but you really are clueless. You have no idea what's it like to be stopped and immediately get nervous and hope that there are folks around to witness the interaction. To be afraid to pull over for them at night. To have anxiety that they might ask you to step from the car. To be afraid to question their actions for fear that you'll be seen as belligerent and arrested on a trumped out charge of creating a public disturbance. To feeling like you have to consent to a police search, for fear of looking guilty otherwise.

A very small percentage of black people commit crimes. If you judge the 98% of us who don't by the 2% that do, that's your problem.
As I explained above its more than 'just a few' blacks that are committing crime. And its DEFINITELY more than 'just a few' blacks that are committing disgusting and henious crimes, especially against people who can't fight back.

Also are you telling me every cop in the US is biased against blacks for no other reason but their skin color? Or is it possible that after dealing with blacks and their behavior for so many years that many might've developed a bias against them?

Just look at it this way. If you owned a convenience store and you were robbed 10 times in a year and 9 of those times the suspects were young black males, are you seriously going to say to yourself 'well just because I was robbed 9 out of 10 times by blacks, I'm not going to judge and stereotype the next young black male that walks into my store'. Or more likely are you going to think 'I'm going to keep an eye on young, black males a little more when they enter my store just in case from now on'.

Old 09-17-2013, 05:53 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,190,542 times
Why did the guy not call for help on his cell phone? WE ALL KNOW HE HAD ONE BECAUSE EVERYONE DOES.

Old 09-17-2013, 05:54 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,270,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
I didn't say Ferrell was at fault. Just saying that considering it was late night and he was black that maybe he could've been more careful and consider his actions more to prevent something happening to him.
And how clearly do YOU think after a major car accident?

Quote:
Its MORE than a few when blacks have the highest crime and murder rates in the US. Its MORE than just a few when 17 black people are murdered in the US each day compared to about 16 whites that are murdered daily where they have OVER 5 TIMES THE POPULATION that blacks do.

Asians are the group where I truly consider the amount of criminals they have among them 'are just a few'.

As I explained above its more than 'just a few' blacks that are committing crime. And its DEFINITELY more than 'just a few' blacks that are committing disgusting and henious crimes, especially against people who can't fight back.

Also are you telling me every cop in the US is biased against blacks for no other reason but their skin color? Or is it possible that after dealing with blacks and their behavior for so many years that many might've developed a bias against them?

Just look at it this way. If you owned a convenience store and you were robbed 10 times in a year and 9 of those times the suspects were young black males, are you seriously going to say to yourself 'well just because I was robbed 9 out of 10 times by blacks, I'm not going to judge and stereotype the next young black male that walks into my store'. Or more likely are you going to think 'I'm going to keep an eye on young, black males a little more when they enter my store just in case from now on'.
shakes head You really don't get it. For hundreds of years, blacks (and other non-whites) have been built up to be the boogeyman in white peoples' minds. "They" rob, "they" kill, "they" are lazy, dirty, can't be trusted, use drugs, etc. Do you not think a long-term barrage of propaganda has no effect?

Every black person I know has felt the effects of this propaganda campaign against people of color. Every one tells me how they have a special routine they go through if they get stopped, including keeping their hands in sight, telling the officer where they are getting their license and registration from, etc. White people don't even think twice about behaving this way, as a rule. As a white woman, I know *I* don't.

Get a clue, dude.

Old 09-17-2013, 06:17 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,180,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
Why did the guy not call for help on his cell phone? WE ALL KNOW HE HAD ONE BECAUSE EVERYONE DOES.
The car he was in rolled, and the windows were broken out. The phone could have been anywhere.

Old 09-17-2013, 06:53 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,040,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
And how clearly do YOU think after a major car accident?
Probably enough to NOT bang on someone's door so hard at 2:30am, especially if I were a black man. And probably thinking clealy enough to simply walk slowly towards police and calmly explain to them what happened to me.

Will have to see what the whole story is though.

Quote:
shakes head You really don't get it. For hundreds of years, blacks (and other non-whites) have been built up to be the boogeyman in white peoples' minds. "They" rob, "they" kill, "they" are lazy, dirty, can't be trusted, use drugs, etc. Do you not think a long-term barrage of propaganda has no effect?

Every black person I know has felt the effects of this propaganda campaign against people of color. Every one tells me how they have a special routine they go through if they get stopped, including keeping their hands in sight, telling the officer where they are getting their license and registration from, etc. White people don't even think twice about behaving this way, as a rule. As a white woman, I know *I* don't.

Get a clue, dude.
How is it a 'propaganda campaign against people of color' when these exact same people prove that the 'propaganda' is true EVERY DAMN DAY?

Just a little example in my corner of the world in Toronto.

Lawrence Heights shooting sends man to hospital - Toronto - CBC News

Most likely black on black violence since that area has a significant number of blacks living there:

Man suffers life-threatening injuries after shooting in northwest Toronto | CTV Toronto News

This is just in the past few days. No shootings or major crimes that I could find that involved non-blacks in the same time period. You're more than welcome to google Toronto crime once a week or once a month and see what pops up and I'm betting it will be more of the same. Again this coming from a population of 400,000 blacks in Toronto while the 5+ million non-blacks go about their lives without much trouble like they usually do.

Again tell me how anyone is spreading 'propaganda' when blacks keep doing things that prove everything said about them is quite on the mark?

Old 09-17-2013, 09:05 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,222,840 times
New information on the murder of this young man, Ferrell, by a CMPD officer:

CMPD handling tragic case properly | CharlotteObserver.com

Ferrell weighed 200 lbs, not 300 lbs as stated by some here.

Ferrell was not running.

He was within 2 feet of the cop when the cop shot him 10 times in the chest.

The Taser that was fired MISSED Ferrell! It wasn't as though he was shot with the Taser but not incapacitated.

The video shows Ferrell’s hands and that he was clearly unarmed, the police chief said.

Chief Monroe said that while the 12 shots Kerrick fired were excessive, even the first shot was unwarranted. Ferrell’s failure to stop approaching the officers does not by itself justify Kerrick’s response, Monroe said.

The cop should be charged with 2nd Degree Murder in my opinion! The cops' attorney says the murder was justified! Disgusting! Charlotte police officers, like so many in this nation, are a part of the biggest out-of-control gang threat facing Americans! Americans need to stop acting like all these assaults on us are racially motivated and come to the realization that it is COPS versus Americans! We need to hang together or else we will surely hang separately!

Last edited by SpencerMtn; 09-17-2013 at 09:14 PM..

Old 09-17-2013, 09:18 PM

25 posts, read 31,297 times
There was a racial issue for sure, but an equally big issue if not bigger is the how males are treated in general by opposite sex in situations like this and also by police. Police automatically assume a male of any age, especially a young male is a potential threat. Our societies are violent ones and it is horrendous that a man was killed potentially because of his race and gender.
A woman seeking help even if she had a flat tire would have been received differently by the occupants of the home as well as by the police. Is this the nature of our society and is it something we must change? The racial issue must definitely be addressed and changed but the gender bias must also be addressed otherwise things in life just get worse. We have many problems in our nation and violence is a very, very big issue that we do not want to address, whether it is violence against men, women or children. It is not an issue however that is going to be resolved by mass incarceration nor by government intervention. Re-education, and changes to economics are good starts.

Last edited by PartTimeNomad; 09-17-2013 at 09:26 PM..

Old 09-17-2013, 10:07 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,585,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post

Old 09-17-2013, 10:22 PM

21,755 posts, read 25,014,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Why does it matter that the cops were white? I don't get it.
Because if it was a black cop you'd have to look at the totality of the situations rather than jumping to everyone's favorite card in the deck. Cop responds to call about a crazy deranged looking huge guy pounding on our door, you know, that totality of the situation. I mean, you know he screwed up if the police are calling it excessive, but from what the facts available it definitely doesn't sound like murder.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:39 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,147,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Yep. I don't care what color you are. You knock on my door at 2AM I will:

1. Not open it

2. Pull a gun on you

3. Call the police
LOL...yeah right.

You won't open the door, but you'll pull a gun on them?

Yeah, that makes sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies