Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2013, 11:41 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,835,279 times

Advertisements

ferrell wouldve been alive if the cop wasnt white.

white cops have a history of being trigger happy with blacks, even when they are the victims like ferrell.

kendrick profiled and murdered ferrell, simple as that.

and he'll get off because hes a white cop.

at least the family will get a couple million out of the city.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:44 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Race maybe involved with him getting the door slammed in his face but not why he got killed. Sounds like the cop has an itchy trigger finger since none of the other officers felt fired their gun. It's just sad.
This sounds pretty close to what probably happened. Just a dumb cop who is quick to shoot someone.

Old 09-18-2013, 03:40 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,834,641 times
Angry *

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08
This is starting to get national attention.
Good it should be exposed,its quite pathetic!! (ALL THESE COPS SHOULD BE FIRED)

Old 09-18-2013, 03:52 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
The cop should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

As we continue to dumb down our standards for the less intelligent, more and more of these incidents will happen.

But the "everyone should be able to qualify for everything" crowd will continue to support people who "feel" rather than those who think.

Old 09-18-2013, 05:22 AM

1,022 posts, read 2,550,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
ferrell wouldve been alive if the cop wasnt white.

white cops have a history of being trigger happy with blacks, even when they are the victims like ferrell.

kendrick profiled and murdered ferrell, simple as that.

and he'll get off because hes a white cop.

at least the family will get a couple million out of the city.
I'm not buying that. Whether they're black, white, or yellow, cops on the whole appear to be much less mentally equipped to rationally respond to these types of situations. Let me make this clear: this situation has much less to do with race and more to do with the "shoot first, ask later" mentality that too many officers operate on. Baltimore Police has had a few incidents over the past few years (which didn't make national headlines) where black police officers overreacted and killed black men. I'm sure similar issues have happened in other cities as well.

Police: Teen dies after confrontation with officer in Randallstown | Baltimore County News - WBAL Home

Gahiji A. Tshamba | Off-duty police officer kills man after dispute - Baltimore Sun

Old 09-18-2013, 05:56 AM

1,515 posts, read 1,224,978 times
It was disclosed on this morning's news that Ferrell had his hands UP when Kerrick shot him 10 times! If it doesn't sound like murder to you, what does it sound like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Because if it was a black cop you'd have to look at the totality of the situations rather than jumping to everyone's favorite card in the deck. Cop responds to call about a crazy deranged looking huge guy pounding on our door, you know, that totality of the situation. I mean, you know he screwed up if the police are calling it excessive, but from what the facts available it definitely doesn't sound like murder.

Old 09-18-2013, 06:12 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
I think all of this has worn out it's welcome and people are sick and freakin tired of this kind of thing, especially when white people are killed all the time by black people/criminals/cops, etc.

It has all worn out it's stay....times have changed....especially when statisics show, blacks are the most criminals.....

ya play, ya gotta pay, period, it isn't about race any more....and when everyone stops crying race, maybe change will happen. Besides, I'd love to see Jackson and what's his face, Sharpton! loose their jobs...they cry race, just to create they're positions....

Enough already.....

Old 09-18-2013, 07:14 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,819,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
New information on the murder of this young man, Ferrell, by a CMPD officer:

CMPD handling tragic case properly | CharlotteObserver.com

Ferrell weighed 200 lbs, not 300 lbs as stated by some here.

Ferrell was not running.

He was within 2 feet of the cop when the cop shot him 10 times in the chest.

The Taser that was fired MISSED Ferrell! It wasn't as though he was shot with the Taser but not incapacitated.

The video shows Ferrell’s hands and that he was clearly unarmed, the police chief said.

Chief Monroe said that while the 12 shots Kerrick fired were excessive, even the first shot was unwarranted. Ferrell’s failure to stop approaching the officers does not by itself justify Kerrick’s response, Monroe said.

The cop should be charged with 2nd Degree Murder in my opinion! The cops' attorney says the murder was justified! Disgusting! Charlotte police officers, like so many in this nation, are a part of the biggest out-of-control gang threat facing Americans! Americans need to stop acting like all these assaults on us are racially motivated and come to the realization that it is COPS versus Americans! We need to hang together or else we will surely hang separately!

That situation is just horrible. And I agree that this is not a racial thing when it comes to police abusing their authority. Many people of all backgrounds are abused by them, though black people are more likely to be harassed and abused or killed, many whites and Hispanics are also abused, especially poor people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Griff View Post
I'm not buying that. Whether they're black, white, or yellow, cops on the whole appear to be much less mentally equipped to rationally respond to these types of situations. Let me make this clear: this situation has much less to do with race and more to do with the "shoot first, ask later" mentality that too many officers operate on. Baltimore Police has had a few incidents over the past few years (which didn't make national headlines) where black police officers overreacted and killed black men. I'm sure similar issues have happened in other cities as well.

Police: Teen dies after confrontation with officer in Randallstown | Baltimore County News - WBAL Home

Gahiji A. Tshamba | Off-duty police officer kills man after dispute - Baltimore Sun
I agree with this. I don't think that white cops are more likely to shoot up black people than black cops. Like I stated earlier, in more ways black cops are worse due to them knowing that they won't be lambasted as a racists, even though people seem to forget the black people can discriminate against other black people and it happens all the time.

The only difference when black cops kill is that they rarely make the national media outlets because people don't care about those sorts of abuses just like they don't care about black on black crime period. My lawyer, when we sued our police station, flat out told me (this was a white lawyer) that if the cop had been white in our situation we would have had a better case and would have got more money in our settlement because racial issues trump any sort of civil rights issues in regards to "outrage."

Old 09-18-2013, 11:46 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
From my experience, as a black man, I've had my worst experiences with the Police at the hands of black officers. In fact, I've never had my rights violated any more than being stopped for no reason by a white officer.

Just throwing that out there to disprove the race myth. I'm sure there are racist white cops, but black cops can be racist against blacks too.

Old 09-18-2013, 11:56 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,473,842 times
The problem is that cops look at civilians as the enemy and generally treat us with apathy and derision. Unfortunately, black people tend to get treat worse because you know, black people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies