Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 07:02 AM

23,550 posts, read 17,227,205 times

Advertisements

As GWB was the 'decider', Obama is the 'deceiver'.

Obama is as unethical as any politician in priosn or yet to be incarcerated ever was.

Based on his lies, half truths and bumbling, obama's most accomplished act is getting himself dressed.

These dem libs would embrace a Columbian drug lord if he gave them free stuff, a good speech and told them lies.

Again, this is not just Obama's doing.....the media has become the great eraser to cleanse Obama's past transgressions and contradictions to the point that he doesn't even care if in the same speech he says Assad can't retaliate because he has no military infrastructure and then tells us Assad is a danger to our national security.

Every speech Obama gives is filled with misleading fragmented sentences. Only a rabid supporter or an ignorant fool can tolerate the words that appear to come from Obama's mouth. No one knows what he says as the simplest sentence gets a spin that defies gravity.

Let's not forget the Nobel Peace Prize he 'earned'. That sets the satge for the charlatan in chief's legacy. Smoke and mirrors.....like the list presented in the op.

Old 09-17-2013, 07:11 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,704,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
These dem libs would embrace a Columbian drug lord if he gave them free stuff, a good speech and told them lies.
Here we see very clearly the inherent failing of much right-wing rhetoric: It presumes that those supporting Democratic Party initiatives actually benefit from those initiatives. I, for one, am not eligible and almost surely will never be eligible to benefit from any of the changes I've been supporting over the years. Kracer's assumptions are simply wrong, and as such, the entire foundation of Kracer's perspective is corrupted.

People like me support efforts to assure basic human decency on moral grounds, not for personal benefit.

People like me support protection for those most vulnerable in our society as a matter of honor, not because we ourselves are in that position.

People like me like me oppose egoistic avarice, not because it'll make it easier for us to make ends meet, but because it will make it easier to make ends meet for those who currently have the most trouble making ends meet.

The right-wing places the comfort and luxury of some over the basic needs of the most vulnerable in society. It's exceedingly immoral. No matter how much vitriol and nonsensical equivocations the right-wing craft to hide the fact: Their perspectives are still immoral.

Old 09-17-2013, 07:11 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times

Obama In Front Of Gas Station In '08: I Will Solve This Energy Crisis Once And For All - YouTube

The interesting thing is that Obama pushed hard for all the programs that I said he would push for in this clip from his 2008 campaign. But what was all of that supposed to accomplish? Why is he giving his blue-sky energy speech in front of a gas station? Because the prices were insanely high and his programs were supposed to change all. Was it supposed to lower gas prices by competition? By magic? Who knows?

The measure of Barack Obama's presidency is not how much he did but whether or not it worked. The numbers on the sign are in the $3.50 per gallon range. (If anyone can find a better copy, please post it.) Where are we at today?

I think we all know the answer to that because almost all of us are putting gas in the tank pretty regularly. But in case you're not sure:

Old 09-17-2013, 08:08 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times
Presidential candidate Barack Obama absolutely blasted George W Bush for irresponsibly rapid increases to the US Federal Debt. Obama was going to swoop in and solve all of it, right? Wrong.

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

The debt just keeps going up. As long as the debt keeps increasing, something else will keep increasing: Interest on the federal debt:

In 2013, that goes from 6% to 7% of the budget. As long as you keep borrowing more and more money, the cost of interest on the debt just keeps going up. It is already the 5th largest expenditure in the federal budget. How comfortable will we be when it grows to 10%? How about 20%? 30% anyone? All of that is money that cannot be spent anywhere else. As long as you keep borrowing, the percentage of the budget that we spend on interest will just keep going up.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:29 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
No. What I'm saying is:That's what I'm saying.

Many such improvements have already been listed in this thread, so therefore your question indicates that you either deliberately ignored what others have posted, petulantly refuse to acknowledge what others have posted, or are just engaging in nonsensical games-playing in an attempt to distract attention from strong points you have no cogent rebuttal to but still want to distract attention away from. Given that evident transgression, what proof can you present that the neocons, faux-libertarians and other right-wingers in the thread will accept an additional list provided with honor and integrity, instead of just using such a posting as an excuse to commit more lying, deception and feigned ignorance?

Your scurrilous attempt at evasion and distraction has been called-out for what it is. Congratulations on making the lack of credibility of the "questions" you ask so pungently clear. Here's an idea: Leave "questions" for the people who are actually sincerely looking for education. If you have a partisan point to make, as was the case with your reply, then make it directly instead of trying to play games to make it seem like anything other than what it is: nonsense.
You made a claim, and can't back it up. In other words, you have nothing but useless hyperbole.

Ask me if I'm surprised.

Funny thing is I actually thought you would try. How embarrassing for you that you come up empty.....going to bat for the President with zero facts to make your case. That makes you yet another sheep in the Obama Pasture.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:34 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Remember, this is the FOX News/Glenn Beck crowd, they are not exactly grounded in reality.
Ah No, it is called the crowd of being realistic and true to yourself. Give me a fudgin break, no one needs any News Outlet, to see what is happenign around us. That is if you have a mind of your own.

But oh no, the wittle sheeple, do not, it is do as i tell you to do and believe! who has the fudgin problem Now. You good wittle students obey your teacher well?

People not grounded in reality, as those people who put a certain person on a pedestal, who does not deserve to be there, and makes the most lamest excuses for this person. I would say, they are not only not grounded, but very ignorant to boot.

Accepting a below sub-par economy, more people on welfare and food stamps, the most children on welfare and assistance are because of this President, accept that, is not only ignorant, but not wanting the best for our Country. No excuses for that at all!

And the Democrats party of Morals NOT???>????????? You have a gosh damn sitting President in the oval office, playing footsies and doing other things under a damn desk.

And a scumbag asshol- who cheats on his dying wife of how many years now was it. And had a baby with another women. Save your utter nonesense. Get some brains in your heads, your party has brainwashed you in a way, that is not normal. When they use scare tactics, and attack, that is being paranoid and scared of something may be better. WTF has this President done for our Middle Class, think hard and think long, and better be the right answer!

And tell Obama, at this late in the game, playing the blame game just does not work, as your lame excuses for him do not work also.

Last edited by california-jewel; 09-17-2013 at 11:44 AM..

Old 09-17-2013, 01:15 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
What you're noticing is a penchant of today's Republicans, neocons, Tea Partiers, libertarians and other right-wingers to lie, deceive and ignore the reality, in the interest of denying (and also obstructing) improvements that could be credited to this administration, in a petulant and self-centered effort to gain power to further foster the exploitation society for the benefit of those who already have so much at the expense of those who are most vulnerable in society. Since their basic aims are inherently and blatantly immoral, they need to engage in scurrilous tactics to hide the corrupted nature of their intentions.
What I'm noticing is that you've put EVERYONE in the same box, except progressive liberals.

In other words, you are paranoid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Remember, this is the FOX News/Glenn Beck crowd, they are not exactly grounded in reality.
...and paranoia loves company

Old 09-17-2013, 01:25 PM

On top of all this BS hyperbole, which the extreme left actually believe is the truth (and claim we're the ones not grounded in reality)...

None of the supporters seem to realize that Obama's wanting to bomb Syria was a route to war with Iran. Remember the Gulf of Tonkin? Remember Saddam Hussein and his WMDs?

The Obamabot crowd seem stuck in an alternate reality. Obama is just as white as any other President when it comes to manipulating the truth for his corporate masters.

Old 09-17-2013, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post

Obama In Front Of Gas Station In '08: I Will Solve This Energy Crisis Once And For All - YouTube

The interesting thing is that Obama pushed hard for all the programs that I said he would push for in this clip from his 2008 campaign. But what was all of that supposed to accomplish? Why is he giving his blue-sky energy speech in front of a gas station? Because the prices were insanely high and his programs were supposed to change all. Was it supposed to lower gas prices by competition? By magic? Who knows?

The measure of Barack Obama's presidency is not how much he did but whether or not it worked. The numbers on the sign are in the $3.50 per gallon range. (If anyone can find a better copy, please post it.) Where are we at today?

I think we all know the answer to that because almost all of us are putting gas in the tank pretty regularly. But in case you're not sure:
I wonder if he rigged that sign... because:
"When I took office, the price of gasoline was $1.80, $1.86. Why is that?" Obama asked. "Because the economy was on the verge of collapse, because we were about to go through the worst recession since the Great Depression."

The price of gas was low because we were heading into a recession? Is this a revised formula for supply side economics?

Old 09-17-2013, 03:07 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times
There are many accomplishments of this President, he has done a good job and conversely the Congress has done NOTHING Good! My hope is 17 repugs members of the House will get the boot in 2014 so we can actually do things for the good of the people.

In one breath you will find the ignorant ranting about Obama doing nothing, but then they are the first to have their kids on their insurance after age 22, or they bought a house with the incentive, or got a clunker sold for $5000, or any number of the many programs that have helped our economy and our people.

Name 1 thing the members of the house have done to help people... want to look at what they were saying about Hurricane Sandy? ... well until their own state blows up... Texas you can go suck an egg!

btw... obstruction is not a benefit. fire them and hire no one you would be far better off and save a retirement and income of a large group doing nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies