Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 10:11 AM

37,800 posts, read 41,003,240 times

Advertisements

I had this guy figured all wrong. I thought it was going to be a gay/sex change/cross dressing military rage thing. C'mon the guy's name sounds fake like maybe a Chippendale's dancer's stage name.

I still want to know what he was doing in Thailand for a month.

Old 09-17-2013, 10:13 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,203,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderling View Post
Bull. The fact that this person with mental issues and a history of gun-related arrests was allowed to have firearms is appalling. What the heck difference does it make what color he is? You think that those of us in favor of gun control think that only guns belonging to whites need controlling? Of course not.

My assumption is that since he was former military, his gun rights were held sacred and no one questioned them. Clearly, he shouldn't have been allowed to own guns.

I don't even understand the point you're trying to make.
You don't understand the OP's point because it was incredibly stupid. As you said, this is yet again another case of a severely mentally ill person who had access to guns going on a shoot em up.

Old 09-17-2013, 10:14 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,166,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I had this guy figured all wrong. I thought it was going to be a gay/sex change/cross dressing military rage thing. C'mon the guy's name sounds fake like maybe a Chippendale's dancer's stage name.

A. who cares? The guy is dead & he killed 12 other people. What does him going to Thailand have to do with anything? And Aaron Alexis is a perfectly normal name. I think you need to check out some actual strippers & their names if you think Aaron Alexis is a stripper name.

Old 09-17-2013, 10:15 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,108,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The wind was taken from liberals' sails the moment Aaron Alexis' mug was broadcast across the airwaves. Had this been a white guy, the liberal anti-gun machine, including the media, would already be revving up. The silence is deafening, and it's all because Alexis is black. It's a tightrope these folks aren't willing to walk lest they be accused of racism.

Diane Feinstein pretty much made your lame argument moot. And what is verocious?

Sen. Feinstein (D-CA) calls for even more gun laws after DC Naval Yard shooting

Old 09-17-2013, 10:16 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Again......bull.

I watch several of the liberal "talking heads" (Ed Schutz, Matthews, Lawrence O'Donnel) and everyone of them was talking about the need for stricter gun regulations.

One of them (I can't remember which one) even made the comment that this situation we are in now with rampant mass shootings is NOT what the framers of the Second Amendment had in mine.

So, who's the one speaking in a vacuum? Maybe it's the shows YOU watch (Limbaugh, Hannity, etc.) that are being quiet on the issue of gun control, because it is all over the liberal media.
The tempo of MSNBC represents the tempo of liberal outrage? The media is but one component. Have you already forgotten the national gun control discussion of just a few months ago, of which Senate Democrats handed Barack Obama his ass? Of which led to two recent recalls of elected state officials in Colorado?

You are mistaken if you think that the national discussion of today is anything closely resembling that of the immediate aftermath of Newtown, Aurora, etc. Not even close. The President himself won't even wade into these waters with any substance. Wanna take a bet???

Old 09-17-2013, 10:17 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,166,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The tempo of MSNBC represents the tempo of liberal outrage? The media is but one component. Have you already forgotten the national control discussion of just a few months ago, of which Senate Democrats handed Barack Obama his ass?

You are mistaken if you think that the national discussion of today is anything closely resembling that of the immediate aftermath of Newtown, Aurora, etc.
Dude, you've been pawned. Your entire thread is a joke, just give it up. Every single post on here has proven your wrong. I actually almost feel bad for you.

Old 09-17-2013, 10:18 AM

3,027 posts, read 2,519,572 times
Quote:

i'm sure you're not serious, but they say he was studying Buddhism.

Old 09-17-2013, 10:19 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Dude, you've been pawned. Your entire thread is a joke, just give it up. Every single post on here has proven your wrong. I actually almost feel bad for you.
Blah blah blah. Your cute little words are of no concern to me.

19,784 posts, read 15,108,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
i'm sure you're not serious, but they say he was studying Buddhism.

He was supposedly a Buddhist convert.

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:

I heard they he was working in a Thai restaurant for a few years and had learned the language. He was also practicing Buddhism. Is there something strange about traveling to Thailand?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies