Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 11:44 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,081,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
It must be terrible to live in a state of constant paranoia. Just permanantly move into your bunker already OP because that is the only way you will find a measure of peace at this point.

I wish one of them would think of something new, if for nothing else than ****s and giggles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2013, 11:47 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,160,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
It must be terrible to live in a state of constant paranoia. Just permanantly move into your bunker already OP because that is the only way you will find a measure of peace at this point.
I wish all of the freaks, paranoids & ignorants would move into a bunker & better yet, on an island nowhere near me. I don't want to have to deal with these people anymore, they're tiresome.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:52 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,081,959 times
IMHO, if you're caught drunk driving once, you should lose your license for at least 2 years. You get caught twice, you should lose your car.

Problem solved.

But,I know this thread has absolutel nada to do with the problem of DUIs in this country.

Last edited by carterstamp; 09-17-2013 at 12:30 PM..

Old 09-17-2013, 12:04 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,015,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
A drunk-driving thread stated by alphamale? I knew it was too good to be true. Just more of the same, old, tired Obama-bashing.
Yet, here you are!

Old 09-17-2013, 12:09 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,097,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
IMHO, if you're caught drunk driving once, you should lose your license for at least 2 years. You get caught twice, you should lose your car.

Problem solved.

But,I know this thread has absioltely nada to do with the problem of DUIs in this country.
Yep, alpha isn't that good with things like this.

Old 09-17-2013, 12:17 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,573,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
The State Police came to my door and asked me to surrender my drivers license.

When I asked them why, they said that it was for the safety of society and they're just trying to prevent another DUI death.

This story is an allegory showing the stupidity of the gun grabbers.
Good lord.
Some of the posts you guys come up with.....smh

Old 09-17-2013, 12:28 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,745,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rob123 View Post
Remember back when they took away everyone's ability to smoke in their own homes, and outside? No. Because it hasn't happened.
See, the smoking bans in buildings made sense because there are people who are allergic to smoke, there are asthmatics who are effected by smoke, there are simple facts that second hand smoke is damaging to people's health. BUT even though "they" said you can no longer smoke inside public buildings, you are welcome to smoke outside, or in your private home.

See this is where "incrementalism" fails, it's where ALL slippery slope arguments fail miserably. We have the ability to draw the line.
Gun registration, and some restriction does not lead to the foregone conclusion of banning all guns, anymore than banning prostitution makes it illegal to meet someone at a bar and have a one night stand.
really now? there are already areas outside where on CANNOT smoke. in fact there are movements in some cities to ban smoking outdoors except in designated areas, and there are apartment buildings where you cannot smoke at all even though you are the one renting the apartment. and there are movements afoot to ban smoking in ones own home and car if there are children present. it really is getting to the point where smokers will end up having to quit smoking because it is getting more and more restrictive as to where they can legally smoke.

as to gun registration and your premise that it is not a forgone conclusion that it leads to gun bans and confiscation, remember 1930s germany? how about current day australia? britain? albania? cuba? and in fact virtually EVERY country that has gun registration, has led to gun bans and confiscation. there are exceptions, but not many.

Old 09-17-2013, 12:31 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,206,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
No one is proposing a prohibition on guns, so much for that analogy.
Prohibiting a sale of a gun is prohibition on that gun. It would be the same as prohibiting sales of beer but allowing sales of vodka .Beer would still be bought

Old 09-17-2013, 12:32 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,206,647 times
Quote:

Problem solved.

But,I know this thread has absolutel nada to do with the problem of DUIs in this country.
People still drive without a license and cars can be easily bought

Old 09-17-2013, 12:32 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,083,971 times
Quote:

Problem solved.

Esspecially since no one has knocked at the shooters neighbor's doors to confiscate their guns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies