U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-20-2013, 11:53 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas,Nevada
9,282 posts, read 5,763,120 times
Reputation: 1530

Advertisements

Manasquan, NJ --(Ammoland.com)- Nearly every mass shooting incident in the last twenty years, and multiple other instances of suicide and isolated shootings all share one thing in common, and its not the weapons used.

The overwhelming evidence points to the signal largest common factor in all of these incidents is the fact that all of the perpetrators were either actively taking powerful psychotropic drugs or had been at some point in the immediate past before they committed their crimes.

[MOD CUT/copyright]
Read more: Nearly Every Mass Shooting In The Last 20 Years Shares One Thing In Common, & It's NOT Weapons
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

Last edited by Ibginnie; 09-21-2013 at 09:24 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-20-2013, 11:59 PM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
28,447 posts, read 15,432,286 times
Reputation: 11383
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Manasquan, NJ --(Ammoland.com)- Nearly every mass shooting incident in the last twenty years, and multiple other instances of suicide and isolated shootings all share one thing in common, and its not the weapons used.

The overwhelming evidence points to the signal largest common factor in all of these incidents is the fact that all of the perpetrators were either actively taking powerful psychotropic drugs or had been at some point in the immediate past before they committed their crimes.
On the money.

Enemies of America (leaders pushing gun bans) are eager to ride on the backs of these drug users to remove guns from the citizens in America.

Maybe we should "just say no" to drugs instead of guns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2013, 01:03 AM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
46,053 posts, read 29,509,053 times
Reputation: 7830
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
On the money.

Enemies of America (leaders pushing gun bans) are eager to ride on the backs of these drug users to remove guns from the citizens in America.

Maybe we should "just say no" to drugs instead of guns.
Most of those are legal drugs and a sign that maybe those people shouldn't be in possession of guns....if only there was a universal way to check medical health when purchasing guns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2013, 01:05 AM
 
8,487 posts, read 5,901,600 times
Reputation: 1114
Giving children who still haven't fully developed mentally mind altering chemicals is extremely dangerous.

There is much in mental health that is incomplete. Not discussing all the various ways the brain can be altered leaves serious holes in the subject of mental health.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2013, 01:06 AM
 
8,487 posts, read 5,901,600 times
Reputation: 1114
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Most of those are legal drugs and a sign that maybe those people shouldn't be in possession of guns....if only there was a universal way to check medical health when purchasing guns.
That maybe so, however, if it wasn't a gun it would be something else. The issue here isn't really the weapon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2013, 01:07 AM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
46,053 posts, read 29,509,053 times
Reputation: 7830
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
That maybe so, however, if it wasn't a gun it would be something else. The issue here isn't really the weapon.
The issue is mental health and the dependency on legal drugs in this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2013, 01:15 AM
 
Location: Canada
2,158 posts, read 1,699,645 times
Reputation: 872
I've been saying this for awhile. It's odd the silence we detect from the left on it, though. I don't hear any screeching about banning harmful pharmaceuticals or imposing stricter laws on that sector.
I mean, if it saves just one life...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2013, 01:19 AM
 
Location: The Pacific Northwest
6,015 posts, read 6,364,041 times
Reputation: 8281
What's your point? I consider myself very liberal and I don't have a problem with people having guns. I just think they need a psychiatric evaluation first and a highly extensive background check, both of which the prospective gun owner should pay for. And it should be applied retroactively to all current gun owners. Tell me how that doesn't jive with what you are or are not trying to prove.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2013, 01:21 AM
 
Location: England
3,250 posts, read 3,141,910 times
Reputation: 3210
The question is, should a person with a history of mental illness be allowed to own a gun/s? Most of the mass shootings recently had been carried out not by criminals, but by people who were mentally ill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2013, 01:27 AM
 
Location: The Pacific Northwest
6,015 posts, read 6,364,041 times
Reputation: 8281
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
The question is, should a person with a history of mental illness be allowed to own a gun/s? Most of the mass shootings recently had been carried out not by criminals, but by people who were mentally ill.
Absolutely not. Sorry but just because it's the archaic 2nd Amendment doesn't mean we should be recklessly throwing guns at people who are crazy. Everyone needs a psych eval before carrying a weapon IMO. An intensive one at that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top