Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 01:30 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Lets try to keep emotion and racism off the plate here. Please.
Sorry if you have such thin skin. I was beiig sarcastic because the lefties constantly accuse the righties of being racist against Obama when they complain about something Obama says or does.

Besides, theft uses emotion all the time.

If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

Lighten up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2013, 01:34 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,506,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Sorry if you have such thin skin. I was beiig sarcastic because the lefties constantly accuse the righties of being racist against Obama when they complain about something Obama says or does.

Besides, theft uses emotion all the time.

If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

Lighten up!
Thick skin I have. Threads have a tendency to go awry when people jab at each other. This is a sensitive forum. I could give a crap personally.

Old 09-21-2013, 03:35 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,676,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Liberal do not like the ar15 because they are black and scary and in common usage. This is why some paint them different colors, think of it as camouflage to liberals.
OMG I want that lol. I love Hello Kitty.

Old 09-21-2013, 03:59 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Personally I have no use for the puny .223 round. I personally consider that round too small for deer. The state will allow it, but I like 1 shot kills. So my bare bones minimum rnd is Winchester 30-30 or 7.62 x 39, which is ballisticly the same about.
Longer shots or bigger game are better suited to .308 win or 7.62 x 51.

Bigger game and or longer range again are better suited to .30-06 or 7.62 x 63.

I used to laugh when media claimed the AK-47 rounds were high power. They are a very low power round.

Media doesn't often know what they are talking about much less care.

If i were wanting to own a AR it would have to be the Ar-10. The AR 15 is just not for for deer sized game and up to suit me.

Old 09-21-2013, 04:03 PM

957 posts, read 757,724 times
Since we're constantly told that it's no different than your run of the mill hunting rifle we have to assume the people who buy these rifles (at 3 or 4 times what they're worth) must be nuts, and thus shouldn't be trusted with any guns.
Why, if they're no different than your run of the mill hunting rifles, do they charge so much?

Old 09-21-2013, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Personally I have no use for the puny .223 round. I personally consider that round too small for deer. The state will allow it, but I like 1 shot kills. So my bare bones minimum rnd is Winchester 30-30 or 7.62 x 39, which is ballisticly the same about.

I used to laugh when media claimed the AK-47 rounds were high power. They are a very low power round.

If i were wanting to own a AR it would have to be the Ar-10. The AR 15 is just not for for deer sized game and up to suit me.
30-30, 30-06 and shotgun with a good sidearm is all you really need. Of course, a really good blade goes along way when shot is done.
Or a Sig 716..Gotta have something that looks evil....

Last edited by Steve40th; 09-21-2013 at 04:47 PM..

Old 09-21-2013, 04:28 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
Since we're constantly told that it's no different than your run of the mill hunting rifle we have to assume the people who buy these rifles (at 3 or 4 times what they're worth) must be nuts, and thus shouldn't be trusted with any guns.
Why, if they're no different than your run of the mill hunting rifles, do they charge so much?
Short answer? Because people are willing to pay the price, that's why. Likely for the same reason that people are willing to pay a lot more for a fancy car when they could have gotten the same motor and everything in a more generic looking car for a lot less $$$.

Instead of asking us about this stuff, { because you clearly don't believe us when we say they are no different than a hunting rifle } you should do a little research on your own, and you'll discover that we are in fact correct when we say that an AR-15 is nothing more than hunting rifle that "looks" like a military rifle. Don't fall for the lie the media is trying to feed you. In fact, don't take our word for it either. Find out for yourself.

If you are truly genuine with your question here, let us know and I'm sure there are a few of us here that could provide you some links to help answer all your questions.

Old 09-21-2013, 04:30 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post

Do you ever use your AK's for hunting or do you just plink around with them?

Old 09-21-2013, 04:53 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
Do women really need expensive purses, a cheap purse works just as well carrying crap. All women with a purse that costs more than $20 are crazy and should be locked up.

Old 09-21-2013, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Do you ever use your AK's for hunting or do you just plink around with them?
Depends on what was given in-country, and who/what was being hunted...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies