Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 07:28 PM

119 posts, read 202,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
You must be right, must have been because mom and dad were such bad parents to johnny. and uncle bill molested johnny, could that be the main cause that most people are in prison ? you've made me see the light, drugs have nothing to do with crime....

I didnt say they had nothing to do with crime I said I dont belive that drugs CAUSE crimes. Now that being said I did acknowledge that yes people with addictions will commit crimes to feed their addiction but those that are criminals dont necessarily become criminals because of drugs..criminals use drugs...so what they are criminals.

your comment really doesnt make sense to me but whatever.

there are a lot of outside sources that can make it easy to commit criminal behavior.bad parenting, molestation,yes these are some . Doesnt justify it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2007, 07:36 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,770,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texcali32 View Post
I didnt say they had nothing to do with crime I said I dont belive that drugs CAUSE crimes. Now that being said I did acknowledge that yes people with addictions will commit crimes to feed their addiction but those that are criminals dont necessarily become criminals because of drugs..criminals use drugs...so what they are criminals.

your comment really doesnt make sense to me but whatever.

there are a lot of outside sources that can make it easy to commit criminal behavior.bad parenting, molestation,yes these are some . Doesnt justify it

My comments weren't supposed to make any sense. Never mind....

Old 11-18-2007, 07:56 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,023 times
why are people turning to drugs? nobody seems to address that issue.. what keeps certain people from not doing drugs and others having life long issues with it?
drugs do cause crime.. because using drugs is a crime.. criminal behavior sqawns more criminal behaviour..
so.. why are they turning to drugs?

Old 11-18-2007, 08:15 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
The laws regarding illegal drugs make the black market flourish. Gangs compete for customers and turf in a violent way.
America is a violent society with or without illegal drugs. We lead the world in shooting deaths. We live stressful lives, socially alientated from each other, constantly striving to keep pace with the Joneses, and it's a rat race with no goal. Americans strive for materialism and consumerism over quality of life. Our environments are dull, boring, redundant, and lack stimulation.
Holland is very tolerant of drugs, especially marijuana and hashish. Their crime rate is nothing compared to our's.
In America there is too much misinformation about the effects of illegal drugs. Scare tactics and fabricated horror stories are used to discourage people from using illegal drugs. The same strategies that are used to discourage sex; it's a sin, you'll catch horrible diseases, it's immoral, it devaluates your self-esteem, etc, etc.
There are many legal drugs that have damaged and/or killed people. But Americans love legal drugs and the pharma industry loves the profits. We must be at the top, or close, in consumption of legal drugs.
America spends millions in the War on Drugs. Somebody is enjoying that money. If Americans stopped using illegal drugs, the funding could be reduced...someone's going to complain.

Old 11-18-2007, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
why are people turning to drugs? nobody seems to address that issue.. what keeps certain people from not doing drugs and others having life long issues with it?
drugs do cause crime.. because using drugs is a crime.. criminal behavior sqawns more criminal behaviour..
so.. why are they turning to drugs?
To get high. And that is the main reason. Tho there are others.

Old 11-18-2007, 08:32 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
To get high. And that is the main reason. Tho there are others.
What does that mean to you-get high?
And what are the other reasons?

Old 11-19-2007, 09:08 AM

2,467 posts, read 12,247,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
Not anymore; that's was 10-15 years ago. Now it's migrants.

I hope you are joking, since that's completely untrue.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
What does that mean to you-get high?
And what are the other reasons?
High>>>>spaced out to space city...

Other reason>>>>>can't cope with daily life, hiding from everday problems using drugs by getting high...see above for what high is.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:19 AM

119 posts, read 202,957 times
yes drugs are a contributing factor in crime but so are a lot of other things. again I know people who have grown up with parents who do drugs, were abusive and the kids did not go down that road so it's not a true statement to say that drugs are the CAUSE of MOST crimes. Drugs are probably involved in most crimes but being someone who has experimented with drugs in my early days, I certainly didnt feel the urge to commit a crime when I was under the influence...and yes I know doing drugs IS a crime but thats not what we are talking about is it? would using drugs cause someone to commit criminal acts? dont think so, I think it would just give them an excuse to use once they get caught. again im not talking about someone who is addicted and steals to feed his/her addcition, im talking about killing,raping,pilaging...etc...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies