U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-05-2006, 05:09 PM
 
Location: God's Country
21,425 posts, read 29,571,305 times
Reputation: 29947

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
Has anyone noticed how former New Jersey Governor James McGreevey and Ted Haggard look a lot alike? They both have these weird duck-bill mouths with duck lips...
You are so funny

 
Old 11-05-2006, 05:57 PM
 
Location: Springfield, Missouri
2,814 posts, read 11,905,165 times
Reputation: 2000001281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Areyouserious? View Post
I will not comment on the fact that he was checking both of them out that close. OOPS
I will not comment on the fact that you've said you're looking up old girlfriends on the internet but not telling your wife because "Honesty isn't always the best policy"...OOPS
 
Old 11-05-2006, 07:56 PM
 
Location: Jersey
2,098 posts, read 5,788,353 times
Reputation: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
I will not comment on the fact that you've said you're looking up old girlfriends on the internet but not telling your wife because "Honesty isn't always the best policy"...OOPS

LMAO!!! You are friggin' awesome Mo!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Old 11-05-2006, 09:31 PM
 
919 posts, read 1,669,657 times
Reputation: 478
Default reverse thinking

so if you claim to dislike gays its because you really do like them? hmm...
so if your a gay man that says he prefers men, he really likes women, or if you say there is no GOD you really wish you could believe there was? if i cant stand people from CA moving into MT it means i really want to move to CA.
you just cant except a statement that somebody does not want to be around gays, for what ever the real reason is, maybe they did try it and cant stand it. get a grip folks, sometimes a negative spoken is the truth. no hidden meaning. i know thats tough for a progressive thinker to grasp, but sometimes people mean what they say.
 
Old 11-05-2006, 09:34 PM
 
Location: Springfield, Missouri
2,814 posts, read 11,905,165 times
Reputation: 2000001281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Areyouserious? View Post
lol, well it would appear I struck a nerve. I can admit that I don't plan on telling my wife what I'm doing until I actually DO something.

When are you gonna tell your wife about the other thing? lol. Seems like you agree with my policy.
Well, adultery isn't something I have to worry about I'm not married. And actually, I totally disagree with your policy! I would not be married and contemplate the possibility of committing adultery (you mentioned how you hope if you meet up with your ex that she's fat so not a temptation now) while proudly claiming how much I love my wife, but then say I don't care what she thinks as I'm staying anyway for the kids. You also state above "I don't plan on telling my wife what I'm doing until I actually DO something", but, you've already done something! You've already confirmed by research that your ex is currently married, lives in the same part of town, and learned her married name.
It sounds like your wife doesn't really know the man she married... wow parallels with the gay duck bill boys!! I find that sad. I think it's dishonest, immoral and sneaky. Also, I think you're stretching my interest in duck bills just a bit...but I figured that was because I had struck a nerve first with you It seems you not only have problems with professionalism in the workplace, but problems maintaining your marriage vows... and... I really love the "psychic messages" you've been seeing in your dreams from these ex's begging for help...Uh huh... Riiiiiiiiiight. It appears from your statements that your psychic antenna is in your pants. I do appreciate however that you don't go full-out in your dart throwing though. Your implied subtle references fall short of full-blown nastiness. Either way though, you're a piece of work and yes, I'm serious...oops, a pun

Last edited by MoMark; 11-05-2006 at 09:54 PM..
 
Old 11-05-2006, 09:44 PM
 
9,715 posts, read 12,959,164 times
Reputation: 3315
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark6052 View Post
so if you claim to dislike gays its because you really do like them? hmm...
so if your a gay man that says he prefers men, he really likes women, or if you say there is no GOD you really wish you could believe there was? if i cant stand people from CA moving into MT it means i really want to move to CA.
you just cant except a statement that somebody does not want to be around gays, for what ever the real reason is, maybe they did try it and cant stand it. get a grip folks, sometimes a negative spoken is the truth. no hidden meaning. i know thats tough for a progressive thinker to grasp, but sometimes people mean what they say.
Well, this is true. Sometimes a negative spoken is the truth. BUT THEN we would have to question your political views! Apparently, if you are a conservative Republican, a negative could be a very strong positive!
 
Old 11-05-2006, 09:51 PM
 
Location: In exile, plotting my coup
2,408 posts, read 13,162,917 times
Reputation: 1784
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark6052 View Post
so if you claim to dislike gays its because you really do like them? hmm...
so if your a gay man that says he prefers men, he really likes women, or if you say there is no GOD you really wish you could believe there was? if i cant stand people from CA moving into MT it means i really want to move to CA.
you just cant except a statement that somebody does not want to be around gays, for what ever the real reason is, maybe they did try it and cant stand it. get a grip folks, sometimes a negative spoken is the truth. no hidden meaning. i know thats tough for a progressive thinker to grasp, but sometimes people mean what they say.
I don't think that's what myself and other posters were saying. As others have stated in this very thread, they may disagree with homosexuality but they still have gay friends. There are also people who feel it is a sin to be gay, but also believe that you should not treat gays any differently. The majority of people who disagree with homosexuality in this country aren't the type to gay-bash or throw out slurs and the like, and these aren't the people that I was referencing. I'm talking about the extreme fringe; people such as Haggard, the people who go out of their way to verbally abuse and make life difficult for gays, who seem to have a near-obsession with gay people. THESE are the people that I'm suspicious of as I feel the majority of straight people have feelings about homosexuality, whether they be positive, negative or indifferent, but don't care enough to dwell on the sexuality of others and make such a big fuss about things.
 
Old 11-05-2006, 10:06 PM
 
Location: Springfield, Missouri
2,814 posts, read 11,905,165 times
Reputation: 2000001281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Areyouserious? View Post
Actually I got some news on that earlier today. I know why the weird dream. Her mother died on 10/19. I cant remember exactly, but I think that was the day of my dream. That was the traumatic experience in her life I was so sure occurred. So I can safely assume that she doesn't need anything at all from me besides condolences, which she has in spirit. Seeing how you are so concerned, do be a good little fellow and update that other thread for me.

Anyway, coming from the midwest, I wouldn't expect you to completely understand the concept of discretion. You may think that everything is in black and white(show me state), but many of us understand the gray areas that come into any relationship, marriage or otherwise. The fact that you thought my intentions were dubious does not make them any less honest than they are. Your naive and idealistic view on how I should handle my marriage is touching, but nevertheless I do have a marriage and well, you know. If you must know, my wife and I were talking about it tonight. I told her about the dream, what I did to figure out the origin, and what I found out. THATS what I was waiting for. I like to tell stories with a beginning, AND an ending. Like I figured, because I DO know my own wife better than this forum does, she had no issues with it.

..and no, I didn't even think about that other thread when I posted my little joke. I guess I didn't consider that you COMPLETELY lacked a sense of humor. It would seem that YOU are having issues with that other thread. Sorry, I can't help the fact that you manage a callcenter for a living, thats not my fault. It does not change my views on how to value and respect your employees.
Good that you spoke with your wife. Pssst... I'm not from the Midwest. I'm from the Left Coast... but I can tell you that's it's a misperception to imagine that midwesterners are black and white. However, if refering to marriage vows....they should be black and white. Grey is tricky
 
Old 07-12-2007, 03:26 PM
 
Location: Roanoke VA
2,031 posts, read 5,991,806 times
Reputation: 894
Definately rule out San Francisco, Washington DC, New York City, Miami, Atlanta, New England, the rest of California, Austin, TX, Asheville NC. There are probably many more places in the U.S. that are gay friendly.
If you are homophobic, consider anyplace in Wyoming, Montana, Idaho,
Mississippi, the rest of Georgia, Tennessee, upstate New York, Pennsylvania(including Philadelphia),
There will always be Gay people and there will always be homophobes. Its just nice to know where everyone belongs. I have always told young Gay people to find a place to live(of which there are many) where you are welcomed. Gay people(with few allies) cannot take on the entire homophobic U.S. population. Stop wasting your energy on Gay Pride Parades and discussions comparing Black civil rights issues with Gay civil rights issues. They are not seen as the same by African Americans. Its a very divisive issue
and I think Gays will get further by working through the court system because in the end, the U.S. consitution is on your side.
 
Old 07-12-2007, 03:32 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
738 posts, read 608,248 times
Reputation: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by roanoker 4 View Post
Definately rule out San Francisco, Washington DC, New York City, Miami, Atlanta, New England, the rest of California, Austin, TX, Asheville NC. There are probably many more places in the U.S. that are gay friendly.

Add to that list Key west, Provincetown, lots of others. Actually, any really nice place to live with great weather, nice housing, quaint shops, great restaurants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top