Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 02:37 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
Has anyone noticed how former New Jersey Governor James McGreevey and Ted Haggard look a lot alike? They both have these weird duck-bill mouths with duck lips...

Nah, I don't think most in NJ gave a hoot what McGreedy looked like or if he was gay, straight, or a category unto himself. I think he just used being gay as a convenient smokescreen to cover up his greed, graft, and corruption.

Old 07-12-2007, 02:40 PM

4,462 posts, read 8,017,296 times
Generally large states area wise with low populations have a low gay population.
There are exceptions- Maine in New England is a fairly large state-but has a significant gay population. I cannot think of another off the top of my head.

Small towns in states like Texas have a low gay population. Most rural areas of the south, Midwest and great plains as well as the inter mountain west have low gay populations.

Areas with a large Christian fundamentalist population also tend to have smaller gay communities.

Old 07-12-2007, 02:51 PM

1,398 posts, read 7,703,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Nah, I don't think most in NJ gave a hoot what McGreedy looked like or if he was gay, straight, or a category unto himself. I think he just used being gay as a convenient smokescreen to cover up his greed, graft, and corruption.

Couldn't be more true...

Old 07-12-2007, 04:16 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,829 times
Default Low Gay Numbers

Neither Amboy nor Ludlow, both in California, can possibly have any significant gay population. Neither one has a decent restaurant..

Old 07-12-2007, 05:07 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,202,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CITYGIRL View Post
low gay population??

MANY LIKE texas,tennesse,mississippi,ohio,oklahoma,nort carolina,sc,colorado,arkansas,kansas,and many more...
Um...sweetie ohio has a large gay population. C-bus has one of the largest, most gay friendly population in the mid-west

Last edited by Kereczr; 07-12-2007 at 05:34 PM..

Old 07-12-2007, 08:35 PM

572 posts, read 2,088,492 times
I didn't get a chance to read the whole thread so I'm not sure if anyone has said what I'm about to say.

Big cities don't mean a larger percentage of homosexuals. It's just a place where homosexuals can be more free and be themselves, as most cities are liberal, progressive and don't really care about sexual orientation.

There are still many gays in small town TX, AL, TN, WV, MS and KS. Only difference is these gays are not comfortable to be 'out of the closet' in their communities with closed-minded ideas.

How unfortunate.

Old 07-12-2007, 08:41 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CITYGIRL View Post
low gay population??

MANY LIKE texas,tennesse,mississippi,ohio,oklahoma,nort carolina,sc,colorado,arkansas,kansas,and many more...
Count Oklahoma out because Oklahoma City has two all gay hotels that are the biggest gay hotels in the USA.

Old 07-12-2007, 08:46 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,295,611 times
I think anyone NOT wanting to live around GAY people should move to the moon...

I hope that before long there will be a nice campy gay couple in every street, every neighborhood to raise the propery values of the place...

Their here, their q-ueer, get used to it !!

Old 07-12-2007, 08:51 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolasa View Post
Yes I can!! I live in Conyers, Ga. and we have a very low gay rate. May i ask why you asked???

Here in Conyers,Ga. we have very few gay couples. I would suggest that you check out Conyers!!!!!!

Hello my name is Nicky and I live here in Rockdale County and we only have one city and that is Conyers. I have lived here for 15 yr's & we have always had a low gay couples rate. Come and visit, check it out yourself!!!!!!!
Good Luck,
Nicky in Conyers
But according to City Data Conyers, GA .3% of housholds are lesbian while .2% of households are gay males. This is a common figure in most small towns.

Old 07-12-2007, 08:57 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,792,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckhead_Broker View Post
Add to that list Key west, Provincetown, lots of others. Actually, any really nice place to live with great weather, nice housing, quaint shops, great restaurants.
This is actually a good point I had not considered. But really it is true - the areas where the gays live more freely are generally speaking a heck of a lot nicer then the places where the homophobes thrive. Curious...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies