U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 09:43 AM

3 posts, read 5,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by first View Post
Can anyone give names of places with a low gay population?
Yes I can!! I live in Conyers, Ga. and we have a very low gay rate. May i ask why you asked???

Here in Conyers,Ga. we have very few gay couples. I would suggest that you check out Conyers!!!!!!

Hello my name is Nicky and I live here in Rockdale County and we only have one city and that is Conyers. I have lived here for 15 yr's & we have always had a low gay couples rate. Come and visit, check it out yourself!!!!!!!
Good Luck,
Nicky in Conyers

Last edited by mbmouse; 10-19-2006 at 12:56 PM.. Reason: merged

Old 10-19-2006, 02:32 PM

919 posts, read 1,668,204 times
So if you dont agree about the gay lifestyle your not enlightened? I would not want to live in a town that has a gay pride parade. now before you call me names just know i will not stand for a white supremist march either. i think both are extremely wrong.

Old 10-19-2006, 04:00 PM

148 posts, read 789,796 times
Default Rockdale County information

Places with a low gay population?

I would suggest you move to Topeka, Kansas and attend services regularly at the Westboro Baptist Church.

For parents of teenagers, considering a move to Rockdale County, Georgia, WATCH OUT! Pay close attention to parties.

Nicky, Georgia's Rockdale County may not have many gay couples, but it sure has a lot of STDS--young teen heterosexual STDS.

A few years ago, PBS profiled young Rockdale County teens in an hour-long documentary television program. For you folks not living in Georgia, Rockdale County is pretty much redneck country.

Teenagers do love to have parties, which happens to be the case in Rockdale County, too. Back in my time we played records. Kate Smith was good. Rudy Valley, too. Anyway according to the PBS documentary, Rockdale County teens were not only playing records, but they were setting records--sexual records.

Many of these kids are REDNECKS, and a lot of their individual body parts were turning up red---NECKS of course, and other body parts I won't mention. There was a teen STD epidemic of monumental proportions.

The Rockdale County STD Clinic was trying to track down partners. It was almost impossible. X did it with Y, then Y did it with C, then C did it with W, then E did it with A, and then Z ( another Z-- definitely not me ) did it with G.

Nicky, just don't portray Rockdale County as a virtuous county since it has few gay couples, because it's not. Many gay teens are virgins. However, straight teens may not be virgins.

Parents moving to Rockdale County? Play Madonna's song: 'Like a Virgin' over, and over, and over, and over, and over.

Z

Old 10-19-2006, 06:27 PM

3,020 posts, read 23,079,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark6052 View Post
So if you dont agree about the gay lifestyle your not enlightened? I would not want to live in a town that has a gay pride parade. now before you call me names just know i will not stand for a white supremist march either. i think both are extremely wrong.
Relax it is this MGC (Massive Global Conspiracy)

Dictionary ENLIGHTENED - To Inform, Shed light on in the way of Truth or Knowledge.

So if you want to know where low gay populations reside the MGC kicks into high gear. You automatically get a label, probably lose Brownie Points. You should note the dictionary said nothing about Absolute Truths, those are left up to the MGC.

I know where there are many low gay population areas (for real) but they must remain as undisclosed locations. Ok, maybe not as low as the North Pole (missed that run up north ) but close enough to get within the decimal point.

The MGC will not be satisfied until each person on this planet believe the same Absolute Truths. The low gay population areas will probably disappear in those scenarios. The last you will have heard of it will be via this thread.

And that will probably be deleted at some point. So goes the MGC.

Old 10-23-2006, 03:00 PM

7,047 posts, read 15,993,986 times
You tell 'em, ILoveNorthCarolina!!!!!!!!!!! Some folks don't mind being around gay people, others don't want to be......it's their choice. Personally, the wife and I don't associate with any gays, but I didn't say that we hated them.

Old 10-23-2006, 11:20 PM

622 posts, read 2,501,425 times
i have a few gay friends, but that doesnt mean i want to move to their side of town. nothing wrong with people wanting to be in areas that are more suited for them. its human nature to want to be around people like yourself. cultures- and subcultures- unite people. accepting each others differences doesnt include pretending to all be the same.

equal, but different.

nothing wrong with the question originally posted.

years ago, if someone would've asked "where are the places with a high gay population?" that person probably would've gotten grilled. now, its the other way around. but i dont think either should matter to anyone else.

Old 10-24-2006, 12:54 AM

nothing wrong with the original post. mariatherese where were you when it started, the guy that posted this got jumped bad! this subject is very polorizing. i know the side im on seems harsh but i do not want to be around that life style for many different reasons. and attempting to make fun of me or belittle will not change my mind.

Old 10-24-2006, 09:04 AM

622 posts, read 2,501,425 times
i just never checked this thread before, mark! (actually i still havent read all the posts)

most people are surprised at some stances i take- like this one- because i am, i guess, pretty liberal... and therefore i am expected to be super politically correct and all that nonsense (i hate the preconceived notions we have).

anyways, i think it all depends on the reason one wants to live where there is, for instance, a low gay population. if it is because you hate gay people and wont associate with them or treat them as equals, well then thats bad. but if you just dont agree with that lifestyle that is your choice. i think it is perfectly natural to want to be around others that share your morals and lifestyle... that is why there are gay neighborhoods to begin with.

those who believe the original question is immoral believe so, i'm guessing, because they believe it is immoral to disagree with the gay lifestyle. to those, i would like to ask: is it immoral to disagree with the redneck lifestyle? the california lifestyle? the religious lifestyle?

as an atheist, i disagree with the religious lifestyle, and would prefer to live around other atheists or religious people who dont care if i go to church. that doesnt make me bad. i wouldnt want my children to be raised in a religious environment. i want to teach them the morals that i hold dear, not those of someone else.

i support gay marriage, have gay friends, but i am not gay. i dont care how they want to live their life. but if i had kids, i wouldnt want my children to be raised in an extremely gay environment. i would want to teach them the morals that i hold dear, not those of someone else. i also wouldnt want to be surrounded by an extremely gay environment because i would feel pretty left out. just as i would if i lived in a religious neighborhood. this is a hard concept to grasp today because today that statement means: "i think its wrong to be gay." not so. i just prefer the heterosexual lifestyle, because... oh wait... i am one!there is nothing wrong with being proud of being heterosexual, too, people. i love who i am, i love that my man works construction and gets sweaty and dirty and doesnt know how to dress. i also love my friend matt who is gay... he is a riot! i love him to death. we are different, and that is OK.

it is great that we have made strides toward tolerance in our culture... but it has gone a little overboard. the lines are blurry, but here is how i make the distinction:

just be a good person who loves all people, regardless of who they are, how much money they make, where they live, their lifestyles, their skin color. but be yourself, even if that means that what you believe is different than them, and let others be themselves, too.

Old 10-24-2006, 11:59 AM

mariatherese, your words are wisdom to live by. but they do sound like they were influenced by a religious saying, do unto others... but i wont tell anybody

Old 10-24-2006, 03:34 PM

3,020 posts, read 23,079,930 times
Default Yeah, some things are good to know

I never want to live in a house and have any gay neighbors again. Been there, done that, way, way to many. You get so tired of all their bickering with each other. Why don't the news media protray them the way they really are? Their phony games and touchy egos. Their super possessive manners. The English language reduced to one pronoun, MY. In a pinch they will use ME.

It is zero to do with sex, everything to do with totally incompatible people, lifestyles amd weird demands that you bend over backwards to accommodate values that you may not accept. Some of the most One-Way people I have ever met. Why do they always have to frame everything in a Gay perspective? Or loudly announce their choices. Like they are going out to cut the Gay Grass. Or try to set you up to be their servant.

Plus I would not want them marrying my daughter if I had one. Jeees they are the worse, normally gay men catch all the heat, but the women are far worse neighbors by far.

In fact all those former neighbors were no treat. Including all the Newbies that said they were not Gay.

Maybe the best choice is have no neighbors at all. Ok, some woodchucks and a squirrel or two. Err........ Wait the woodchucks will get after the garden. Strike that one too.

A lot of people these days fail to understand their rejection is based on their actions and attitudes. I say never again.

Maybe the question is better framed to ask where can I have the least interaction with people in general if I don't want too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or