Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 08:34 AM

2,538 posts, read 4,698,525 times

Advertisements

Anyone who has spent time in eastern North Dakota or Minnesota probably knows all of the joys of having imported thousands of Somalia refugees in to this country thanks to the work of bleeding hearts. How is that working out so far America?

Kenya mall attack: Up to 3 American teens from Minnesota were involved in Nairobi massacre | Mail Online

Old 09-24-2013, 08:38 AM

17,505 posts, read 17,408,535 times
And isn't this not far from the "Mall of America"? Imagine if only 10 percent of those immigrants participated in a similar attack at this mall.

Old 09-24-2013, 09:18 AM

39,808 posts, read 26,354,878 times
Tell me...just why did we need to import tens of thousands of Somalies in the first place? Are there any special skills or job quailifications that they are bringing into this country that we absolutely need here?

If not...just why are they here? The residents of Somalia turned the country into a hellhole of violence, crime and corruption. Why do we need to import that culture into this country? We have enough of that already.

Old 09-24-2013, 09:29 AM

57,022 posts, read 35,059,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
And isn't this not far from the "Mall of America"? Imagine if only 10 percent of those immigrants participated in a similar attack at this mall.
Yeah, but they didn't.

Imagine if my aunt had a mustache...then she'd be my uncle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Tell me...just why did we need to import tens of thousands of Somalies in the first place? Are there any special skills or job quailifications that they are bringing into this country that we absolutely need here?

If not...just why are they here? The residents of Somalia turned the country into a hellhole of violence, crime and corruption. Why do we need to import that culture into this country? We have enough of that already.
That's what we did when we let your ancestors in here. Or did you forget about that.

Old 09-24-2013, 09:34 AM

2,538 posts, read 4,698,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah, but they didn't.

Imagine if my aunt had a mustache...then she'd be my uncle.

That's what we did when we let your ancestors in here. Or did you forget about that.
So you're all for importing more and more people that basically hate us and despise our way of life? Hopefully they move in next to you.

BTW, no one has a "right" to immigrate here. I don't know why that concept is so hard for some to understand.

Old 09-24-2013, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Jones View Post
Anyone who has spent time in eastern North Dakota or Minnesota probably knows all of the joys of having imported thousands of Somalia refugees in to this country thanks to the work of bleeding hearts. How is that working out so far America?

Kenya mall attack: Up to 3 American teens from Minnesota were involved in Nairobi massacre | Mail Online
There are 5 and a half million people in Minnesota. About 25 thousand are Somalian. That's pretty miniscule as a percentage of the population. Their presence offends you THAT much in state where you can probably go months and never see a single Somali?

Old 09-24-2013, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Jones View Post
So you're all for importing more and more people that basically hate us and despise our way of life? Hopefully they move in next to you.

BTW, no one has a "right" to immigrate here. I don't know why that concept is so hard for some to understand.
I've never met a single Somalian that told me they hated me and despised my way of life. Perhaps they said it to you, but that sounds like a personal problem, not a national one. Perhaps you should be a nicer person.

And i've never said that anyone had a right to immigrate here. But they used whatever laws that were in place to come here, just like your ancestors did. So here we are....what am i supposed to do? Demand that they leave? What have they done to deserve my antipathy?

Nothing that i can see. I'm not about the judge every Somalian-American over the actions of a few teenagers. That's dumb.

Old 09-24-2013, 09:42 AM

2,861 posts, read 3,833,050 times
Wednesday, 10 October 2012 15:09 Lewiston, Maine, Mayor Rebuked for Advising Somalis to Assimilate
Quote:
Importing the Somalis isn’t merely a welfare problem, as The New American reported in September. A trial for a Somali whom the federal government suspects of terror financing just began in Minnesota. The Somali, the officials allege, was a fundraiser for the Somali terrorist group al Shabaab.

Terror isn’t the only criminal pastime for some Somali immigrants. In May, a federal court convicted three Somalis involved in a sex slavery ring. They were among 29 of the Africans arrested for operating the ring, which kidnapped girls as young as 13 in Minnesota, Tennessee, and Ohio. According to Immigration and Customs Enforcement, “members and associates of the gangs transported underage Somali and African-American females from the Minneapolis area to Nashville for the purpose of having the females engage in sex acts for money and other items of value.”
Lewiston, Maine, Mayor Rebuked for Advising Somalis to Assimilate

Old 09-24-2013, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimazee View Post
Wednesday, 10 October 2012 15:09 Lewiston, Maine, Mayor Rebuked for Advising Somalis to Assimilate
Lewiston, Maine, Mayor Rebuked for Advising Somalis to Assimilate
Yep...no other race of people participates in pimping and sex slavery across state lines.

Asian prostitution rings on rise - Las Vegas Sun News

Old 09-24-2013, 09:49 AM

4,321 posts, read 5,116,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post

Get used to it, offering safe harbor for refugees of different types (especially look out for natural disaster refugees) will be a growing theme in coming decades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies