U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 08:23 PM

2,923 posts, read 4,577,022 times

Advertisements

Who are those, in your/Michael Savage's perception? One thing that's great is that Michael Savage, PhD was included in PopTech's original list of "scientists who refute global warming," along with Michael Crichton and Republican Senator James Infohe, if you look back to the first page of the thread. Michael Crichton has some good science fiction novels but I wouldn't consider him to be an expert on climate change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2007, 08:28 PM

19,521 posts, read 20,927,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonger View Post
Who are those, in your/Michael Savage's perception? One thing that's great is that Michael Savage, PhD was included in PopTech's original list of "scientists who refute global warming," if you look back to the first page of the thread.
Anyone who, in this day and age, identifies a group as responsible for the ills of society and the world in general.

Hitler had the Jews.

McCarthy had the Communists.

Post-modernist "progressives" have yours truly.

And it ticks them off no end when I wear my y-chromosome badge with pride...

(Side note: Why the references to Savage? He's not a heterosexual Anglo-Saxon male.)

Old 11-18-2007, 08:47 PM

And talk show hosts and Fox News have "the Liberls," the Democrats, "the illegals," "the Muslims," "the media," "the Welfare Moms," "the schoolteachers," "the pampered union workers," "the French," "the Arabs," the Persians, "the homosexual mafia," "the feminazis," "the eco-freaks," the trial lawyers, "Big Poverty," "Big Homelessness," "Big Labor," Mexico, the UN, the Palestinians, the Commies, the "appeasers/peacemongers", George Soros, AL Gore, moveon.org (they'll make us lose the war while we're winning it!), college professors, NPR/PBS, "Darwinists," ... you can't seriously be telling me that you HONESTLY believe that the left beats the right in the battle of scapegoats, can you? And how many "liberals" do you know that actually exhibit a hatred or persecution of "straight, Anglo -Saxon American men" that compares in any way with the right-wing hatred of the aforementioned groups? You really think it's comparable with McCarthy and the Communists (we're taking people before congress and smearing their good names and blacklisting them from work for being white Protestants? Maybe in some weird parallel universe.)

Old 11-18-2007, 08:59 PM

5,396 posts, read 7,074,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonger View Post
And talk show hosts and Fox News have "the Liberls," the Democrats, "the illegals," "the Muslims," "the media," "the Welfare Moms," "the schoolteachers," "the pampered union workers," "the French," "the Arabs," the Persians, "the homosexual mafia," "the feminazis," "the eco-freaks," the trial lawyers, "Big Poverty," "Big Homelessness," "Big Labor," Mexico, the UN, the Palestinians, the Commies, the "appeasers/peacemongers", George Soros, AL Gore, moveon.org (they'll make us lose the war while we're winning it!), college professors, NPR/PBS, "Darwinists," ... you can't seriously be telling me that you HONESTLY believe that the left beats the right in the battle of scapegoats, can you? And how many "liberals" do you know that actually exhibit a hatred or persecution of "straight, Anglo -Saxon American men" that compares in any way with the right-wing hatred of the aforementioned groups? You really think it's comparable with McCarthy and the Communists (we're taking people before congress and smearing their good names and blacklisting them from work for being white Protestants? Maybe in some weird parallel universe.)
heh, heh..and don't forget the godless atheists, the multiculturalists, the "anti-Christmas" crowd, the PC crowd, the pro- abortionists, the Dixie Chicks, Media Matters, the gun control lobbyists, Sean Penn, Janeane Garofolo, and the RestoftheWorld.

Old 11-18-2007, 09:09 PM

Not to mention the "Blame-America-Firsters," the class-enviers, the reverse racists, hip-hop music, back in the day heavy metal music, further back in the day rock'n'roll music, even further back in the day Jazz music, and the bleeding-heart-AIDS-whimperers (it only afflicts the sinful!), etc. etc. And Starbucks. And Rosie O'Donnel, and Keith Olbermann, the New York Times (aka the New York "Slimes,"), anyone from San Francisco, or Seattle, or Portland Oregon, the "lazy waitin' fer a govermint handout" Katrina refugees, the global warming "alarmists," Air America, soccer players, WTC victim families, Cindy Sheehan, veterans who protest wars (John Kerry, "the phony soldiers,"), etcetera

EDIT: Also (the absolute MONARCH of all American right-wing skapegoats) the ACLU, Amnesty International, UNICEF, "activist judges," CAIR, Pervez Musharraf's jailed liberal opponents in Pakistan (they should shut up and let him rule so he can kill the tarrerists!), and the rainforests (they just plain cover too much of the earth and we don't need 'em clutterin' up all the potential farmland gawwwwd dammit).

Last edited by fishmonger; 11-18-2007 at 10:11 PM..

Old 11-18-2007, 09:28 PM

86 posts, read 133,188 times
Fishmonger, I believe you are changing the topic now, and I believe you are doing it because you lost. You have done nothing but claim that all of what Poptech is posting is "Right-Wing Propaganda". Poptech is calling Global Warming "Left-Wing Propaganda". The only difference between him and you, is he is providing credible resources. As soon as he provides them, you denounce them as propaganda and you do not believe it. Bear in mind these are scientists of the same education of those who do say there is such thing as Global Warming. How is one scientist better than another? Your arguments to this point have been "Left-wing, pro-Global Warming scientists are better because I believe them, and I am told by CNN that any anti-Global Warming is just propaganda."

Quite simply, Global Warming has not been proven, and if it were tried in a court of law, man would not be found guilty of Global Warming. I personally think that Global Warming is a manufactured form of propaganda that liberals can use to push away the Republicans. Unfortunately for them, their biggest proprietor of this myth, Al Gore, is the biggest hypocrite in the world, and is not even close to an honest person. Also, they have yet to provide any proof that this is a phenomenon caused by man kind. Funnily enough, there is actually substantial evidence to the contrary, which Poptech was kind enough to post some of.

... Oh wait... That's right. That's just right-wing propaganda. What was I thinking? I mean, there is no way we can trust experts in the fields of geology who study the history of earth and find that similar climate changes have happened in similar cycles for the past 2 billion years, right? But we can trust Al Gore's films for valid and accurate info that is in no way biased! By god, I think I've stumbled onto something here!

Seriously though, please argue points, not just bash the sources as "Propaganda", because we can go in that loop all friggin' day.

Old 11-18-2007, 09:34 PM

Ah ha!! and let us not forget the "No Espik Ingles" crowd, the "poor kids without medical insurance" crowd, the "People that enjoy sex for purposes other than procreation" crowd, the "Druggie" Crowd, the "Science" Crowd, and the "people opposed to torture" crowd.

Old 11-18-2007, 09:34 PM

Oh, and you might want to read MichaelCrichton.com | About Michael Crichton before disregarding Michael Crichton as "just a Sci-Fi author". Not to say he is an expert on climate change, but none of the pro-Global Warming people would fall under your requirements for a "Climate Change Expert" either. So where does that leave you standing?

Old 11-18-2007, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickM View Post
Oh, and you might want to read MichaelCrichton.com | About Michael Crichton before disregarding Michael Crichton as "just a Sci-Fi author". Not to say he is an expert on climate change, but none of the pro-Global Warming people would fall under your requirements for a "Climate Change Expert" either. So where does that leave you standing?
Just for fun Rick, what are your qualifications to be a "Climate Change Expert". Assuming off the bat that all of the major international scientific organizations will all be categorically dismissed by you. You have listed Micheal Crichton. Next?

A hint for you. Take Al Gore and Micheal Crichton and movies and unofficial blogs out of the picture. Provide Peer-reviewed Scientific Research that has been published in accredited Scientific Publications. Go!

Old 11-18-2007, 09:44 PM

I actually said I wouldn't qualify him as a Climate Change Expert. My point is, bily4, that no matter who was named, none of them qualified as a climate expert by fishmonger's (and your) standards. However, those that are cited as Climate Change Experts, in favor of global warming, have similar degrees to those who were "categorically dismissed" (Seriously, what does that mean?) as propagators.

And of which "major international scientific organizations" do you speak of? Please provide sources, you have been challenged once by me, and failed to do so that time, bily4. Please, provide sources, until then I will only regard your opinion as just that, opinion.

A hint for you. Those were already provided by Poptech, and he had a very expansive list. Those were dismissed as "Right-Wing propaganda". Provide Peer-reviewed scientific research that has been published in accredited scientific publications (for your side). Go! (don't look surprised, I can act like a two year old too!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies