Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 04:42 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I initially thought the officer in question should have been charged criminally and immediately fired but apparently there is an ordnance where signs have to be back 15 feet( or along those lines) from public roads so he can technically be excused. Still its a Nazi thing to do on the cops part... And I HIGHLY doubt the rule is enforced come election time when they put up campaign and election signs. But if thats the precedent, people can get out their measuring sticks and will have the absolute freedom to take down signs not 15 feet away and give the local police a headache.
But its NY, the big crap hole.
"I initially thought the officer in question should have been charged criminally and immediately fired"

I don't think you surprised anyone.

Many like you IMMEDIATELY think you are the judge and jury and executioner on incidents even though you don't have ALL the info.

In most cases we find that the initial "story" is lacking a whole lot of real info but, it doesn't stop those with an agenda to come to an immediate conclusion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2014, 04:46 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I have to wonder...
Where do the people in that town put their yard/rummage/garage sale signs?
Do the police remove them, as well?
I would think they have to treat all signs equally!
Too bad I live so far away, I would really like to drive around that town, and call the zoning/code enforcement office with a complaint about EVERY little thing I could find that violated their codes!
I bet I could really keep them hopping!

Come to think of it, who is paying the taxes on the strip of land where the sign was placed? If it is, in fact, part of the road right of way, the homeowner should have no responsibility for it. If he is paying taxes on it, it is HIS property!
However, in the mean time, if it were me, I would place the sign 15 feet 1 inch from the road, EXACTLY!
Appently you missed the part where it said a neighbor called the police.

It is amazing how some make comments WITHOUT actually reading what is posted.

Then they want the rest of us to take them serious.

Old 09-09-2014, 05:29 PM

1,259 posts, read 828,222 times
yup. The media is guilty as well creating sensationalistic headlines that imply guilt without all the facts are known...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"I initially thought the officer in question should have been charged criminally and immediately fired"

I don't think you surprised anyone.

Many like you IMMEDIATELY think you are the judge and jury and executioner on incidents even though you don't have ALL the info.

In most cases we find that the initial "story" is lacking a whole lot of real info but, it doesn't stop those with an agenda to come to an immediate conclusion.

Old 09-10-2014, 12:33 AM

4,135 posts, read 10,810,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Urban? Somers, NY is anything but urban.
Isn't it in Westchester County? Home of the Governor? The guy who shoved the (un)SAFE Act thru in the middle of the night?

I'm in Western NY. We didn't vote for him up here. The troopers were doing it here, and it had nothing to do with the zoning where it was being done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies