Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 12:26 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I was on topic, I asked what happened to insurance rates when the government said we had to buy it, the OP failed to answer the question and we all know why, it kills his theory.
What was my "theory"?

Please concisely state it.

Then go back and read through the thread and notice that you're now caught having misrepresented the topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2013, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Bought a new Dodge in 2011, Oil changes,tire rotations and car washes covered by dealer as long as you use their service dept. Has worked out well for me. Private sector already going that way.
You paid for them all. Trust me, you paid handsomely for them.

But that's ok. No politician came to you and said " you will buy that car with those services included or we'll fine you a bunch of money".

You made that choice voluntarily... which is the point.

Old 09-26-2013, 12:32 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,579,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
yes, if only governments across the country mandated the minimum insurance coverage that you need. Wow, you'd have to be an absolute idiot to assume that this doesn't happen today. Oh wait, that exists in basically every state in the union.

Sorry, what were you whining about again? People like you make me ashamed to be a conservative.
whooooooshhh

Old 09-26-2013, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
whooooooshhh
It sailed right over his head. After all, when the only thing you see is what you can steal from others... who cares if it's the right way to do something, only if you can force someone else to give it to you.

Old 09-26-2013, 12:39 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
What was my "theory"?

Please concisely state it.

Then go back and read through the thread and notice that you're now caught having misrepresented the topic.
That the price on all of those things would go up, and I pointed out that when we were forced to buy auto insurance the price went DOWN. Yes I know you didn't like the answer, hence the deflection and personal attacks on your part.

Old 09-26-2013, 12:43 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
Quote:
You paid for them all. Trust me, you paid handsomely for them.

But that's ok. No politician came to you and said " you will buy that car with those services included or we'll fine you a bunch of money".

You made that choice voluntarily... which is the point.
Well no, I made a great deal and these services are offered on all cars the local dodge dealer sells. Competition seems to work well. This was a voluntary purchase which even if I didnt want them are there.
Lifetime power train too.

I believe they use a ins. policy to cover the expense.

Old 09-26-2013, 01:37 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
You missed the point completely.

It's ok. I don't expect everyone to be rational about money or insurance.

If we could just get the government to stop trying get everyone to be insanely stupid about both, that would be a good start.
I always use the cost of the Insurance deductible when considering the cost of an item. (am I wrong to do so?) One must pay the deductible before the item purchased is picked up by the insurance company.

If a person is buying a set of tires and has insurance coverage and the price of the tires is $500.00 and the Insurance deductible is $500.00. The insurance company is not buying that set of tires. Insurance only kicks in after the deductible is paid. It does not matter if I have paid, monthly premiums to the company for three years, they are not reducing the amount I am to pay for those tires.

Funny for me, I missed your point completely.

Old 09-26-2013, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
That the price on all of those things would go up, and I pointed out that when we were forced to buy auto insurance the price went DOWN. Yes I know you didn't like the answer, hence the deflection and personal attacks on your part.
Thanks for demonstrating that you're dishonest.

The thread is about using insurance to purchase pre-paid goods and services, rather than as a risk-sharing contract.

YOU were off-topic and further, you're trying to misrepresent everything in order to mislead anyone who might read it.

Old 09-26-2013, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post

Funny for me, I missed your point completely.
Yes, you did miss the point. You misrepresented the matter under discussion, and tried to change it to something else in order to try to say something that's not true.

Old 09-26-2013, 01:55 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Thanks for demonstrating that you're dishonest.

The thread is about using insurance to purchase pre-paid goods and services, rather than as a risk-sharing contract.

YOU were off-topic and further, you're trying to misrepresent everything in order to mislead anyone who might read it.
Keep dancing, very entertaining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies