Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 02:52 PM

2,962 posts, read 3,530,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
He was defending himself from a grown man with a gun who was stalking him.

The jurors' explanation of their ruling isn't that Martin was trying to kill Zimmerman. Zimmerman initiated a confrontation that got out of control, and ended up having to kill a teenaged boy. The boy had just as much reason to fear Zimmerman as Zimmerman had to fear Martin. I personally think Zimmerman should have been convicted of manslaughter because he was the one who made the decisions that led to the conflict. However, I realize that Zimmerman didn't intend to kill Martin at any point, he just made bad decisions.

As for your personal remarks, I would think as you've just recently gone through the trouble of reporting me for what wasn't a personal attack in any way, that you would be doubly cautious about remarks such as, "What is wrong with you?" that could be interpreted as a personal attack.
No he wasn't, stop lying. Have you no shame? Seriously.

Old 09-26-2013, 03:05 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
The questions you put in your post are completely ridiculous considering what investigators (including the FBI) found when looking into that case, that's why I asked "What is wrong with you". You also posted private information into public which is against the forum rules. I didn't attack you, I'm curious why people like you twist the facts around to push your agenda.
What private information? That you threatened to report me for challenging something you said in a public forum? You posted something, and then retracted it, and then wanted everyone else to retract it, because you didn't want to own what you said. You're the one twisting, friend.

I don't have any questions about the Zimmerman case.

I think Zimmerman is a wannabe-cop who carried around a gun and patrolled his neighborhood to make himself feel like an adequate human being. And one night he saw a black youth wearing a hoodie that he didn't recognize, and he made the decision to follow this kid, for no reason. It's not suspicious to wear a hoodie in the rain. It's not suspicious to be a visitor in a neighborhood. It's not suspicious to make a run to a convenience store for snacks. Zimmerman was suspicious because Zimmerman is suspicious, of everyone, in his self-appointed detective role to which he has no right nor training. And because Zimmerman made the choice to follow the kid, to stalk him, it scared Martin. Just like it would scare any other normal human being who was simply out running an errand to suddenly have someone following you and watching you and behaving like a predator. Because that's what predators do, they identify their target, they watch and follow. Zimmerman acted like a predator and that is how he initiated the confrontation. A person who is afraid will react by running and trying to elude the person stalking them, or by fighting back. Fighting back being the operative phrase. Martin didn't set out that evening to kill Zimmerman. He never sought to kill Zimmerman, despite your unfounded assertions. He saw Zimmerman as a threat, and he chose to fight. It wasn't a good choice on his part. But I suspect if he had run, given Zimmerman's poor physical condition (again, an inadequate wannabe), that Zimmerman might very well have pulled his gun and shot at Martin, because he was fully committed to not letting Martin get away. Which is evidenced by his getting out of the vehicle after calling the police, and pursuing Martin even though the 911 dispatcher told him the police would handle it. If Zimmerman had let the police handle it, Martin wouldn't be dead. Zimmerman made choice after choice after choice that resulted in that confrontation. Martin only made one choice that resulted in his death. Zimmerman was the ADULT. He was the one carrying a gun. He was the one with the greater responsibility. He'll have to live with what he's done. Not that he seems to care.

Old 09-26-2013, 03:10 PM

Quote:
No he wasn't, stop lying. Have you no shame? Seriously.
You seem to be feeling pretty bold, my friend.

I'm not lying. I have no reason to feel shame.

If someone were to target you, to begin watching you, to follow you, to stalk you, you'd understand, that that is a form of aggression. That's why women report stalkers. Because it's a form of threat. Zimmerman stalked Martin. Martin was afraid. As humans when we feel threatened we have to choices, fight or flight. Martin chose to fight. It was the wrong choice. Zimmerman chose to stalk someone. That was a wrong choice, too.

Old 09-26-2013, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
You seem to be feeling pretty bold, my friend.

I'm not lying. I have no reason to feel shame.

If someone were to target you, to begin watching you, to follow you, to stalk you, you'd understand, that that is a form of aggression. That's why women report stalkers. Because it's a form of threat. Zimmerman stalked Martin. Martin was afraid. As humans when we feel threatened we have to choices, fight or flight. Martin chose to fight. It was the wrong choice. Zimmerman chose to stalk someone. That was a wrong choice, too.
He chose not only to fight, but punch someone into concrete (clear evidence he wanted to kill someone). He could have been a good human being who asked, "Hey man, why are you following me?" Knowing what was put out about George Zimmerman would have explained to him that there had been crime in the neighborhood and he thought TM's movements were suspicious. If both had talked, a tragedy could have been avoided, but people like you put false stuff out there (as evidenced by your questions). Zimmerman didn't racially profile Martin, he profiled someone who he thought was acting suspiciously (part of his neighborhood watch duties). Martin was at fault and Zimmerman had a right to defend his life. The prosecution's star witness proved that Martin was the one who initiated it. I would think Martin's homophobic comments would have garnered some sympathy for Zimmerman from leftists, but no...lefties have their agenda, pure craziness.

Old 09-26-2013, 03:17 PM

539 posts, read 1,924,021 times
Quote:
He tried to kill someone and was killed, he got what he deserved and justice was served.

So a guy carrying a pistol initiates a confrontation with an unarmed kid who's minding his own business, but somehow the kid is the aggressor? Somehow he's the one who tried to kill someone? Oh yeah, that's right, because he's black. Even if Trayvon had his hands tied behind his back, he still would've been the aggressor because he's black, right?

So are you comfortable with black men exercising their 2nd Amendment rights? If I pick a fight with your son and he hits back, it's OK for me to shoot him in the chest, right? Even though I started the whole thing?

Old 09-26-2013, 03:19 PM

Quote:
He chose not only to fight, but punch someone into concrete (clear evidence he wanted to kill someone). He could have been a good human being who asked, "Hey man, why are you following me?" Knowing what was put out about George Zimmerman would have explained to him that there had been crime in the neighborhood and he thought TM's movements were suspicious. If both had talked, a tragedy could have been avoided, but people like you put false stuff out there (as evidenced by your questions). Zimmerman didn't racially profile Martin, he profiled someone who he thought was acting suspiciously (part of his neighborhood watch duties). Martin was at fault and Zimmerman had a right to defend his life. The prosecution's star witness proved that Martin was the one who initiated it. I would think Martin's homophobic comments would have garnered some sympathy for Zimmerman from leftists, but no...lefties have their agenda, pure craziness.

Suspicious based on WHAT????? You have yet to answer this question. What crime was he committing to arouse suspicion?

Old 09-26-2013, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AQUEMINI331 View Post
So a guy carrying a pistol initiates a confrontation with an unarmed kid who's minding his own business, but somehow the kid is the aggressor? Somehow he's the one who tried to kill someone? Oh yeah, that's right, because he's black. Even if Trayvon had his hands tied behind his back, he still would've been the aggressor because he's black, right?

So are you comfortable with black men exercising their 2nd Amendment rights? If I pick a fight with your son and he hits back, it's OK for me to shoot him in the chest, right? Even though I started the whole thing?
You're a liar typing stuff to agitate people on the internet. It was proven that Trayvon Martin initiated the confrontation!

Old 09-26-2013, 03:22 PM

Quote:
You're a liar typing stuff to agitate people on the internet. It was proven that Trayvon Martin initiated the confrontation!

No it was not. Zimmerman initiated it by following someone who was not committing a crime. The suspicion couldn't have been based on anything but race, because no crime was being committed. Again, if Trayvon were breaking into someone's house or something, I'd have a totally different take on this. But he wasn't. People like you can't ever see a black male as being a target or a victim, only an aggressor. Period.

If it was your kid, there's no way you'd think that GZ was justified in killing your son. No way.

Old 09-26-2013, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AQUEMINI331 View Post
No it was not. Zimmerman initiated it by following someone who was not committing a crime. The suspicion couldn't have been based on anything but race, because no crime was being committed. Again, if Trayvon were breaking into someone's house or something, I'd have a totally different take on this. But he wasn't. People like you can't ever see a black male as being a target or a victim, only an aggressor. Period.

If it was your kid, there's no way you'd think that GZ was justified in killing your son. No way.
I would raise my son better than to act like Trayvon Martin did. There's a reason he was suspended from school. He was in the wrong and tried to kill someone.

Old 09-26-2013, 03:29 PM

Quote:
He didn't choose to punch someone into concrete. The concrete was just there.

And yes, he could have asked Zimmerman why he was stalking him. He should have asked. But your conclusion that Zimmerman would have politely explained about the crime in the neighborhood is off-base. Zimmerman felt entitled to stalk Martin, and would probably have responded confrontationally by demanding to know what Martin was doing.

And honey, you provide any evidence that I said Zimmerman was racially profiling Martin, or you start retracting, baby. Because I'm sick and tired of you and your LIES.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies