U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-26-2013, 08:15 AM
Status: "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding upon dinner" (set 17 days ago)
 
Location: NE Ohio
14,062 posts, read 5,352,164 times
Reputation: 3741
Default Obama Lies (about the ACA)

“If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor. Period. If you like your health care plan, you will be able to keep your health care plan. Period. No one will take it away. No matter what.” — Barack Obama

Michelle Malkin | Obama lied, my health plan died «

We have absolutely no reason to believe anything that Obama or the Democrats have to say about the ACA. They all lie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-26-2013, 08:18 AM
 
Location: NJ
7,122 posts, read 3,916,216 times
Reputation: 4618
We have far more documented situations to prove that Obama lies than just obamacare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2013, 08:32 AM
 
Location: Fort Worth Texas
11,747 posts, read 4,177,669 times
Reputation: 2197
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
“If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor. Period. If you like your health care plan, you will be able to keep your health care plan. Period. No one will take it away. No matter what.” — Barack Obama

Michelle Malkin | Obama lied, my health plan died «

We have absolutely no reason to believe anything that Obama or the Democrats have to say about the ACA. They all lie.
Like the old saying goes you know how to tell he is lying?
His lips are moving
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2013, 08:41 AM
 
Location: Metro West- Boston, MA
9,310 posts, read 3,159,057 times
Reputation: 3520
Calling Obama a liar? Well, then you're a racist.


In before:

Liberal/Obama Supporter Auto Response Protocol™

1. The source isn't valid
2. That's racist
3. GOP obstruction
4. But...but...but George W. Bush
5. Haters gonna hate
6. Sour grapes- your guy lost
7. Repeat 1,2,3,4,5 and/or 6 as needed then insult the opposition for failing to support this great man, declare victory, and move on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2013, 08:46 AM
 
11,853 posts, read 11,006,308 times
Reputation: 4374
Rick - don't forget may favorite

8. Say something else completely stupid
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2013, 08:57 AM
 
Location: it depends
5,214 posts, read 2,214,904 times
Reputation: 4033
I agree 100% with the OP and every post since then.

Now, can we work on fixing this mess? "Defunding" isn't going to cut it, neither would blanket repeal if that were even possible. The old system was flawed (and now it has been damaged by the ACA), the new system is unworkable in many ways, and we are paying 150% to 200% of what it ought to cost to provide care for everybody. So starting from where we are right now, how do we get to an improved future? Yes the president lied, and yes Ted Cruz doesn't care about you if you buy insurance in the individual market, but the other 300 million of us ought to be working on common ground.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2013, 08:59 AM
 
8,996 posts, read 3,097,708 times
Reputation: 2840
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
“If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor. Period. If you like your health care plan, you will be able to keep your health care plan. Period. No one will take it away. No matter what.” — Barack Obama

Michelle Malkin | Obama lied, my health plan died «

We have absolutely no reason to believe anything that Obama or the Democrats have to say about the ACA. They all lie.
In the conservative alternative reality you will not be able to keep the doctor you like.

In the real world you will be able to keep the doctor you like.

http://www.politifact.com/florida/st...octors-obamac/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2013, 09:03 AM
 
Location: Plymouth Meeting
1,574 posts, read 409,697 times
Reputation: 508
I think once the ACA kicks in, and people start to realize how expensive it really is, their doctors choices suck they will have to repeal it. Remember back in 1988, the catastrophic insurance for seniors was repealed when the cost was realized to be way to expensive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2013, 09:06 AM
 
Location: it depends
5,214 posts, read 2,214,904 times
Reputation: 4033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
In the conservative alternative reality you will not be able to keep the doctor you like.

In the real world you will be able to keep the doctor you like.

PolitiFact Florida | Marco Rubio says patients won't be able to keep their doctors under Obamacare
Except for those who need to buy insurance in the ACA marketplaces, as your source notes. "Mostly false" mean "Partly True" (and 100% true for those who are affected.)

Obamacare sucks, and republicans attempting to defund it suck, and we'll all end up better off if we start working together on improving things. Divorce health care from employment, wipe out the extra marriage penalties in the subsidy arrangement, get a handle on costs, get some market-sensitive mechanisms in place, and get everyone some basic care. We're already paying more than enough money....it would pay to reform it from the ground up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2013, 09:08 AM
 
8,996 posts, read 3,097,708 times
Reputation: 2840
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Except for those who need to buy insurance in the ACA marketplaces, as your source notes. "Mostly false" mean "Partly True" (and 100% true for those who are affected.)

Obamacare sucks, and republicans attempting to defund it suck, and we'll all end up better off if we start working together on improving things. Divorce health care from employment, wipe out the extra marriage penalties in the subsidy arrangement, get a handle on costs, get some market-sensitive mechanisms in place, and get everyone some basic care. We're already paying more than enough money....it would pay to reform it from the ground up.
They labeled it mostly false because of the way private insurance companies operate, which was happening prior to Obamacare being law.

Is it that hard to read the whole thing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:59 AM.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top