Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 07:29 PM

15,084 posts, read 14,250,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
What if he didn't want it done?? How could you have possiblely known either way?
I couldn't have known either way, but...
My husband (his father) was Jewish.
I find it much more aesthetically pleasing. Otherwise, it looks like creature from the ocean's depths, like a sea lamprey or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2013, 07:51 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,749,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
I find it much more aesthetically pleasing. Otherwise, it looks like creature from the ocean's depths, like a sea lamprey or something.
Fair enough... Would you be okay if your father cut anything off of your vagina when you were a baby because of religion and because he thought your vaginawould look more aesthetically pleasing to him? Would you feel the same way if something similarwere being done to female babies or is there a double standard? You do not believe that a human being should have a say so when it comes to permanently removing a perfectly fictional part of their anatomy?

Old 09-26-2013, 08:24 PM

149 posts, read 202,836 times
http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/prevention/re...ion/index.html

Old 09-27-2013, 03:39 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,749,719 times
Male circumcision and HIV prevention

Quote:
While a number of studies suggest an association between the foreskin and HIV infection, a simple tallying of studies, such as performed by Szabo and Short,1 is unscientific and misleading. Meta-analysis suggests that men engaging in high risk behaviours may be placed at further risk by having a foreskin, but in the general population circumcision status is not a significant factor. It also showed an important degree of heterogeneity between studies, calling into question the validity of the summary results.2 The multiple confounding factors influencing sexual behaviour and HIV susceptibility make it irresponsible to place blame on normal anatomy.
The link you provided bases it's information of an unscientific study done by Szabo and Short. Most of then studies are done on a small number of African men in a short amount of time. If you researched it more thoroughly, you'd find that it's a medical conscience that it's a procedure that's unnecessary to perform on healthy babies.

Old 09-27-2013, 11:14 AM

2,895 posts, read 3,475,419 times
Quote:
My son thanked me profusely for having it done as an infant. He said he's very happy he was snipped and told me he never would have had the guts to go through it as an adult.

You're very welcome, my child.
Wow, I would think a left-winger like you would be very against cutting a boy's penis when there is no evidence that it is necessary in the secular sense.

Old 09-27-2013, 11:19 AM

2,895 posts, read 3,475,419 times
Quote:
Thankfully, the vast majority of people in the developed world and world don't share your view. I really don't care what your opinion of a natural penis is. People who don't have any substantive evidence for their illogical decisions resort to writing stuff like you did.

Old 09-28-2013, 01:01 PM

3,462 posts, read 3,158,664 times
(
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Oh, please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post

That's just absurd. No, I believe lawyers will try. I think the courts should simply refuse to even entertain such a lawsuit. And anyone who tries... Should be so ostracized for stupidity that they give up in shame.
)

Go to it babe. It's your money, not mine. Just thought I'd warn ya.

Old 09-28-2013, 01:04 PM

15,084 posts, read 14,250,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
Thankfully, the vast majority of people in the developed world and world don't share your view. I really don't care what your opinion of a natural penis is. People who don't have any substantive evidence for their illogical decisions resort to writing stuff like you did.
...and I don't care what your opinion of me is. See how that works?
So you don't like what I did? No (fore)skin off my nose.

Old 09-28-2013, 05:49 PM

23,653 posts, read 17,409,910 times
Male circumcision is suppose to cut down on cancer. I don't think it takes away that much pleasure of sex for a man, not if my husband is any one to say it does. Most men don't know the difference.

Female circumcision is to take away the pleasure of sex for the woman, remember women and men are made differently.

Old 09-28-2013, 05:53 PM

23,653 posts, read 17,409,910 times
Ask a doctor, would he have his son get one or not? Would it insure his health in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies