Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 05:21 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Right, I couldn't careless about the issue meaning I won't go out of my way to research it. That's not exactly back pedaling at all.

You might want to look up what backpedaling means.
So typical of Leftists, and so predictable!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2013, 05:24 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Default Oh, don't burst their bubble!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Right, because hours were cut accross the board requiring more employees to work part time.

True unemployment and underemployment are still above 14%
Why The 'Real' Unemployment Rate Is Higher Than You Think - Forbes
Their alternative reality is that everything is sweetness and light. They don't want the truth, because the lie is what they want to believe.

Old 09-28-2013, 05:24 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
President Obama is extremely disingenuous. Always spinning, lying, distorting, telling half truths, etc... He knows he can do this, because his supporters always make excuses if they even realize that he is so dishonest.

Of course there is an impact on some jobs. Of course Obama is being dishonest like usual.

I think MarcoPolo made a good post though and I do think we will one day have a system that resembles Canadas.

Old 09-28-2013, 05:34 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
President Obama is extremely disingenuous. Always spinning, lying, distorting, telling half truths, etc... He knows he can do this, because his supporters always make excuses if they even realize that he is so dishonest.

Of course there is an impact on some jobs. Of course Obama is being dishonest like usual.

I think MarcoPolo made a good post though and I do think we will one day have a system that resembles Canadas.
And the media will never give him a followup question..........never.

Barack: "Unemployment is just fine."

Media follow up: "What is Michelle's favorite vacation spot?"

Dude can say anything.....and he knows it!

Old 09-28-2013, 05:43 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,252,971 times

Last edited by FKD19124; 09-28-2013 at 06:09 AM..

Old 09-28-2013, 06:02 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Obamacare is creating jobs...jobs for H1-B visa holders.
Infosys and Cognizant have been hired by Illinois and DC to implement the software for exchanges.

Cognizant submitted paperwork to bring in 60 H1-B visa holders.
And Infosys..why they are based in Bangalore to begin with.

Yeah..plenty of new jobs folks.
Both companies say there is a shortage of IT workers.
Right..IBM just layed off 3000 and HP scheduled to layoff 15000 by end of year and Blackberry layed off 4500. And these three are just recent announcements since July.

H-1B workers in line for Obamacare work - Computerworld

Old 09-28-2013, 06:08 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
This lyin' piece of %$#!!* REAL PEOPLE ARE BEING CUT BACK ON THEIR HOURS!!

You know why he can say this or anything else he wants??? Because he knows that no other media will question him except FOX.

I swear the media is so corrupt..........!!

Obama claims 'no widespread evidence' health law hurts jobs, amid cutbacks | Fox News

http://a57.foxnews.com/www.foxnews.c...926_134227.jpg
People wouldn't have listened anyway. We talked about this in the Employment forum before that fool was re-elected and people didn't want to believe it. They were all going to keep their 40 hours AND get "free" health care. They were warned, they still voted for this moron and his insipid health care act, and now look at what we have.

But hey, if St. Hope and Change says it isn't happening, then we are all just imagining our cut hours and lack of full time job openings....I mean, he would NEVER lie to us!

Old 09-28-2013, 06:09 AM

52,688 posts, read 47,955,803 times
To reiterate, the (Un)ACA is never going to do what Barry sez it will do. Never. Can you say "welfare state"? With all the aforementioned companies' layoffs, the Deceiver-in-Chief is at his conniving nastiest.

Why don't we just lobby to subject all politicians...........including Darth Barry...............to this new law and see how they feel about it?

Old 09-28-2013, 06:22 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
This lyin' piece of %$#!!* REAL PEOPLE ARE BEING CUT BACK ON THEIR HOURS!!

You know why he can say this or anything else he wants??? Because he knows that no other media will question him except FOX.

I swear the media is so corrupt..........!!

Obama claims 'no widespread evidence' health law hurts jobs, amid cutbacks | Fox News

http://a57.foxnews.com/www.foxnews.c...926_134227.jpg
Oh please!

He claimed whatever he's wanted to say, and almost everyone laps it up .....
Quote:
President Obama, in a heavily partisan speech defending his signature health care law, claimed Thursday "there's no widespread evidence" it is hurting jobs -- despite widespread reports that businesses are cutting back worker hours in order to avoid extra costs tied to the law.

However - It''s cutting full time jobs and to keep from having to provide healthcare
Obamacare Is Causing Reduced Hours For Workers - Business Insider

It's Fact, Not Anecdote, That ObamaCare Is Turning Us Into A Part-Time Nation - Forbes

Obamacare, tepid US growth fuel part-time hiring

Even more

ObamaCare Employer Mandate: A List Of Cuts To Work Hours, Jobs - Investors.com

With Eye on ObamaCare, Companies Move to Cut Workers

Obamacare Is Causing Some Restaurant Owners to Cut Employees

Businesses Cut Full-time Workers Because of ObamaCare

Businesses claim Obamacare has forced them to cut employee hours

So??? How can this President stand there, and boldly lie to the American public like this? There is ample evidence, that insurance costs are increased because of the ACA, (ie Obamacare). If you force the insurance companies to accept people with pre-existing conditions, no limits or caps, someone has to pay for all this. Now, don't get me wrong, I can understand someone with pre-existing conditions wanting to get covered, and in some cases, can agree that there should be some help for them, but seriously. The government has no money with the exception of taxes/fees/excise taxes for revenue. The Insurance companies have no money except that which it gets from the monies it collects from it's policyholders. That means the money comes out of our pockets.

MY insurance cost is going up 36% this year, and went up last year and the year before at a rate over 2x as much as any year previously.

So? How can this man stand there and say, it's not going to cost us any more money, we are going to pay $2500 less, and it's not affecting jobs?

Old 09-28-2013, 06:32 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
So??? How can this President stand there, and boldly lie to the American public like this?
The same as Obama always does.

Obama lied about the circumstances of his own mother's death so that he could promote Obamacare. The Washington Post called him out on it and contacted his campaign and Obama ignored the Washington Post and doubled down on his lie - repeating it over and over again.

Obama knows he can blatantly lie over and over again -- because of who his supporters are.

‘The Road We’ve Traveled:’ A misleading account of Obama’s mother and her insurance dispute - The Washington Post

Obama is a compulsive liar, extremely disingenuous - even for a politician.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies