Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 02:07 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Maybe someone else can bring costs down, the next POTUS or someone. Can't imagine how but I'm willing to watch and wait since nobody in the history of ever has been able to do that it should be cool to see.
The costs went up in part because the government got so involved in it.

There are ways to bring the costs down but Obama didn't make any effort to address costs.

Check out a hospital bill sometime and ask why it would cost you $60,000 for a short hospital stay, even almost $10,000 for an uncomplicated vaginal birth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2013, 02:51 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Someone might not choose to be sick be they can choose to get a job that includes health coverage so the rest of us do not have to pay for it.
Except for the increased price of product or service used to cover the cost of that benefit.

Old 09-28-2013, 02:55 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

There are ways to bring the costs down but Obama didn't make any effort to address costs.

Check out a hospital bill sometime and ask why it would cost you $60,000 for a short hospital stay, even almost $10,000 for an uncomplicated vaginal birth.
I have questioned my hospital bills before. I just don't see a simple solution to bringing costs down when costs for everything continue to go up. There are some simple "fixes" ( I brought my own meds last time I was hospitalized and wouldn't let them charge me for a Prevacid ) but there is a bigger problem and it's not just greed. We can blame government involvement but WE (as in everybody) demands certain things, standards, levels of competence and oversight, speed, etc. that can't be brushed away easily. Those things add up.

Old 09-28-2013, 02:56 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Instead of passing a targeted reform regarding pre-existing conditions, you forced through a massive affecting everyone's health and finances using reconciliation so there was no debate and no chance for people to read it. Now ordinary Americans having healthcare mandates forced on them instead of being able to choose their own, getting benefits cuts, and getting part time jobs at lower hours instead of good jobs. And you passed it using lies about people keeping their same plans when they can't, taxes not being raised when they have been, and accounting tricks to hide the true cost, which is double that which was reported.

The contempt that people like you show to your fellow human beings is disgusting.
Can't mandate coverage of preexisting conditions, Kiddo, unless there is an incentive incorporated for people to buy healthcare insurance before they get ill. Otherwise, many wouldn't and insurance companies would go broke.

Old 09-28-2013, 02:57 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,717,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

The Bronze plan under the ACA is hardly a lavish plan. For example under Medicare if you get checked into a hospital the most you will pay will be $1100 out of pocket. With the Bronze plan the average deductible is $4500 per year and you will be hit with that. Drugs are barely covered under the Bronze plan. That generic that cost $8 under Medicare or Tricare will be about $20 under the Bronze plan.

Republican ideas of selling across state lines and tort reform goes against the interest of states. States should be able to control insurance and legislate tort reform. If you wanted real health care reform you would put all Medicare recipients on a Paul Ryan plan but I don't think that would fly.

Old 09-28-2013, 05:31 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,733,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Someone might not choose to be sick be they can choose to get a job that includes health coverage so the rest of us do not have to pay for it.
Wow I guess you didn't understand the concept of my post. Contrary to what most conservatives believe; no one can just "get a job that includes health coverage" whenever they feel like it. The real world doesn't work that way. Some can get jobs like that but others can't. Not because they don't want one but because they simply aren't available to everyone.

Old 09-28-2013, 06:55 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Wow I guess you didn't understand the concept of my post. Contrary to what most conservatives believe; no one can just "get a job that includes health coverage" whenever they feel like it. The real world doesn't work that way. Some can get jobs like that but others can't. Not because they don't want one but because they simply aren't available to everyone.
So they don't have grocery stores or coffee shops everywhere? Bagging groceries or making a latte is too hard for some people? These jobs are available to anyone who wants to put forth a small amount of effort to get them. I was able to have a job when I was 17 that had health coverage, explain to me again why someone cannot get a job like this.

Old 09-28-2013, 07:51 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,578,753 times
Our children and their children and their children............

Obamacare will lead to a single-payer system which will just be the expansion of Medicaid.
Medicaid was never designed to be that big. It was never designed to be as big as it is now.
It will follow in the footsteps of Medicare and SS. Also two programs that are bigger/not run the way they were designed. And we know how well they are doing.
Obamacare is another wreck waiting to happen. All the exemptions will make sure of that.

Old 09-28-2013, 10:17 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,834,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
What kind of job do you have?
You and the OP are going crazy over those posts huh?
(Quitting my job)

I posted about my working career a long while back on C-D.

If you can't find it, ask again later.

I'd also like to add that at least 50% of my posts here could definitely use the <SARC /SARC> tags since a vast majority of C-D posters lack the humor gene!

Last edited by MrClose; 09-28-2013 at 11:39 PM..

Old 09-28-2013, 10:52 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
Who's exempt? Please provide links (FOX "News" not accepted) and be specific.

Helping Americans Keep the Coverage They Have and Promoting Transparency | HHS.gov

Lots of unions on the list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies