Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 08:55 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
What if she can't get one of these "union jobs" that you are talking about? What if she can't get ANY job? What then? That's the problem with conservatives; they just can't see past their own perfect little worlds.
So expecting someone to have a menial low skill job such as a grocery bagger is too much?

People need to take responsibility for their own life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2013, 08:59 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
I like that. I have a neighbor who is 49 years old and never had insurance and now has stage 3 cancer and has had to move to a place near a hospital. Not sure who is picking up the tab..maybe Medicaid or a hospital write-off. Between chemo treatments he should see if he can get a job down at Safefway?? You do know that many positions are part-time. I will tell you who is picking up the tab in case you are on Medicare, Tricare, or VA or another gubbermint program, those of use who buy individual policies.
The tax payers pick up the tab for those programs, not people who buy health insurance, which is a different discussion.

She could get a job at Safeway bagging groceries, she would get health care for working around 20 hours a week. Why is that asking too much? Why am I now responsible?

Old 09-27-2013, 09:09 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,834,761 times
Quote:
Sorry but I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.
Call me .. not surprised!

Old 09-27-2013, 09:16 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
The tax payers pick up the tab for those programs, not people who buy health insurance, which is a different discussion.

She could get a job at Safeway bagging groceries, she would get health care for working around 20 hours a week. Why is that asking too much? Why am I now responsible?
That is about to change your going to have to work 30 hours a week to get heath care. Up here the grocery unions are crying it not far someone has to work 30 hours a week vs 20 hours a week to get heath benefits.: crying::cr ying::cryi ng:

Well Black Jesus spoke learn to love it

I hope the union does not get what it wants this time .Seeing the gave so much money to Obama so the chickens come home to roost.

Last edited by krieger00; 09-27-2013 at 09:24 PM..

Old 09-27-2013, 09:23 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,882,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
I had an accident today.

Don't have auto insurance (can't afford it).

Ran smack dab into someone's home who didn't have home insurance (can't afford it).

Ran one of their children over but they have no insurance for the hospital (can't afford it).

Iffin y'all will dig deeply into your pockets (and bank accounts) and come up with the 'premiums' we're gonna run right out and find us some pre-existing 'conditions' insurance!

OH .. while you bleeding hearts are running around 'lamenting' the plight of us poor folk .. I can't afford a house, new auto, steak, newest fashion ware, dentures, eye glasses ....
It sounds like you have made some very bad decisions over the course your life.

Old 09-27-2013, 09:31 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
Who's exempt? Please provide links (FOX "News" not accepted) and be specific.
The people who wrote the law for one. Nancy Pelosi who said "pass the bill to find out what is in it" won't have to live with Obamacare, so she has room to talk.

Old 09-27-2013, 09:39 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
I think it's wonderful that people with pre-existing conditions can get insurance now, my DIL is one of them.

What I am asking is, if Obama exempts so many people from Obamacare and they don't have to pay into it then just who is going to pay for it? How can it work unless EVERYBODY pays into it? No exemptions, no how.

Old 09-27-2013, 09:42 PM

Quote:
What if she can't get one of these "union jobs" that you are talking about? What if she can't get ANY job? What then? That's the problem with conservatives; they just can't see past their own perfect little worlds.
And the problem with dumbed down lefties and Obama "Can't Fail" Bots is .. THEY DON"T KNOW "What's in the bill before it's passed"!
(Or even after they've read it)

Your 'Friend' will STILL be without the Insurance that you are 'Gleefully' thinking that she will now have!

Like now, she will have basic Medicaid!

Or if you will slip her a few Ben Franklin's that she can hand over each month ($328.00?) for 'premiums' ... she will then be the proud owner of a really crappy (Bronze) policy!

And then one day .. She can look forward to you handing her A LOT more Ben Franklin's for that $6,000 deductible!

Of course .. You could hand out 'hundreds' and 'hundreds' of those Franklin's to your friend and allow her to get the next crappiest policy?

YAAAA F-R-E-E-e-e!

Old 09-27-2013, 09:43 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
The tax payers will pay for it, we have already been paying for it. Since mandatory funding was written into the law, there are already billions just sitting there to implement Obamacare. It was all quite sneaky, not to mention dirty.

Last edited by elan; 09-27-2013 at 10:31 PM..

Old 09-27-2013, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
It sounds like you have made some very bad decisions over the course your life.
You're serious .. huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies