Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2013, 05:51 AM

1,391 posts, read 1,232,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
At least from one company. The "mob" will make sure of it. LOL. What kind of insanity is this world coming to?

"Chairman Guido Barilla, 55, sparked the controversy with comments on Wednesday to an Italian radio station.
"I would never do (a commercial) with a homosexual family, not for lack of respect but because we don't agree with them. Ours is a classic family where the woman plays a fundamental role," he said.
Barilla also said he was unconcerned with whether gay consumers would stop buying pasta from the privately held company that is the world's biggest pasta maker.
If gays "like our pasta and our advertising, they'll eat our pasta. If they don't like it, then they will not eat it and they will eat another brand," he said."

OH MY LORD he wasn't politically correct. He doesn't agree. He is an evil homophobe bla bla bla as the story goes with the "mob". Just utter insanity but that is what liberals preach and the useful ones follow it no questions asked.

U.S. rights groups urge boycott of Barilla pasta after anti-gay remarks
I like how you call reaction to this insanity but what about Barilla's statement of never doing a commercial with a homosexual family? Replace "homosexual" with "Christian" or "conservative". How would you feel then?

Old 09-28-2013, 05:53 AM

52,681 posts, read 47,932,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post
What's the problem? In a free market economy, consumers have every right to express their approval or disapproval via their wallets. We all do so ALL the time: Hobby Lobby, Chick-fil-A, J C Penney, are just the tip of the ice berg.

Exactly, much to the leftists' dismay. Time for me to get some more Chick-Fil-A. And I've never had Basilla but may try it.

Old 09-28-2013, 05:54 AM

Quote:
So only gays can make pasta from scratch? Is that what your saying? Or is that what the "mob" is saying.

Yes go make your pasta from scratch. lol

complete insanity
You describe everything as "insanity". Are you sure you know what that word means?

Old 09-28-2013, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
LOL! How so? It is an excellent source of carbohydrates(complex sugars which are easy for the body to convert to and store glycogen).

Don't tell Harrier that you have bought into the "protein is good and carbs are bad" nonsense?

If you have, know this. If you are getting protein from animal sources, you are also increasing your cholesterol level(cholesterol is only found in animal products) and if you are getting your protein from a combination of beans and rice(not a bad thing at all) you are also getting (guess what) carbohydrates from the rice!

Simply eat a balanced diet, make sure you know how to get adequate protein if you choose to be vegetarian, and don't be fooled into thinking that any food is "bad" - especially such a wonderful food as pasta.
Here's a first - I agree with Harrier.

Old 09-28-2013, 05:56 AM

5,728 posts, read 3,249,287 times
I will be stocking up on Barilla pasta this weekend.

Quote:
At least from one company. The "mob" will make sure of it. LOL. What kind of insanity is this world coming to?

"Chairman Guido Barilla, 55, sparked the controversy with comments on Wednesday to an Italian radio station.
"I would never do (a commercial) with a homosexual family, not for lack of respect but because we don't agree with them. Ours is a classic family where the woman plays a fundamental role," he said.
Barilla also said he was unconcerned with whether gay consumers would stop buying pasta from the privately held company that is the world's biggest pasta maker.
If gays "like our pasta and our advertising, they'll eat our pasta. If they don't like it, then they will not eat it and they will eat another brand," he said."

OH MY LORD he wasn't politically correct. He doesn't agree. He is an evil homophobe bla bla bla as the story goes with the "mob". Just utter insanity but that is what liberals preach and the useful ones follow it no questions asked.

U.S. rights groups urge boycott of Barilla pasta after anti-gay remarks

Old 09-28-2013, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
I will be stocking up on Barilla pasta this weekend.
why?

Old 09-28-2013, 05:59 AM

Oh Bull! Plenty of straight people like myself make pasta from scratch!
I thought gays always eat out at upscale restaurants with their rich white liberal friends bashing Fox news?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Doesn't matter! Store bought packaged pasta is for Heteros! Gays know how to make pasta from scratch! Oh by the way this guy chairman "Guido Barilla" has already issued 3 apologies so far! Isn't he aware of the Gay mafia in the western world?
Businessmen should really stay out of controversies like this if they don't want to lose their shirts.

Old 09-28-2013, 06:02 AM

Well liberals may get upset over this and boycott Barilla products. But these are the same hypocrites who get upset when
conservatives boycott StartBucks and other places like Ben and Jerrys.

Old 09-28-2013, 06:03 AM

yet you will never hear the same leftist liberals defend people like Tebow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Exactly, much to the leftists' dismay. Time for me to get some more Chick-Fil-A. And I've never had Basilla but may try it.

Old 09-28-2013, 06:06 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,676,491 times
I am for gay marriage and I have no problems with gays at all. But I am still going to keep eating Barilla because I respect other people's opinions and I think they are entitled to have their own beliefs. He is not coming over to my house and telling me what I need to believe in. He is not shoving his beliefs down my throat. The way he runs HIS business is up to HIM. So let him run it the way he wants to.

If I were to boycott companies whose CEOs have different outlook on life that I do, I'd probably not be able to buy a whole lot of things.

Why can't people accept that others won't always agree with them? Seriously? It seems like some gay people and some their supporters want EVERYONE to accept that or else... It is unrealistic. I have friends who still dislike gays and think it is immoral. It is their right to hold those beliefs. We can't always agree on everything. It is never going to happen. So get over it. Boycott this company all you want and in the process stop acting like little children who can't get their way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies